• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Nations Except U.S. Agree on Climate Accord at G-20

jelly

It's just stupid, the world has moved on, you want your industry to be up there with the rest of world creating tech and jobs, lucky for the US that is happening regardless but could be better. The losers will be the people without jobs because they bet on the wrong horse and they'll probably vote for Trump again.

Usobuko

Banned
TWOAfAv.jpg

lmao

Boylamite

A lot of US voters did want this one though. Trumps position on climate change has always been clear. This is representing the america that cares enough to vote. He needs to do this to stay true to that base as there is zero incentive not to
You could convince those assholes to throw their first born into a volcano if it meant black people are punished

Trey

Why'd they vote for Trump, then?

I've come to accept it. Trump is the people's choice. Their fucked up, disastrous, ignorant choice.

Most voters are single issue voters. Many may be concerned about his climate change policies, but another reason proved more compelling (mostly party affiliation).

It's ugly business, but it has an explanation.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
A lot of US voters did want this one though. Trumps position on climate change has always been clear. This is representing the america that cares enough to vote. He needs to do this to stay true to that base as there is zero incentive not to

Just because enough racist idiots exist in the U.S. to elect* one of their own, it doesn't follow that their anti-science position is valid. It's not. It's based on ignorance and lies.

*Russia

Dai101

Banned

Brilliant.

I fucking hate Trump so goddamn much.

You should hate the people that put him there even more.

Why'd they vote for Trump, then?

I've come to accept it. Trump is the people's choice. Their fucked up, disastrous, ignorant choice.

Yup. He's the one MILLIONS of people voted for, he's the result of a fucked up system that perpetuates that people like him can be elected.

I mean you're wrong, Trump had less people vote for him than Clinton, but whatever.

And yet he is the pres. Just own it, really.

ATF487

“The United States of America states it will endeavour to work closely with other countries to help them access and use fossil fuels more cleanly and efficiently.”

Jesus fucking christ

Get me OUTTA here!

Xe4

Banned
Embarrasing. The US was one of the countries to get everyone on board to the Paris Climate Agreement. To see us pull out now is shitty as fuck.

Sorry, rest of the world, we'll get back to you in 4-8 years.

spekkeh

Banned
This is pretty great actually. I hope from now on they convene and subsequently shut out Donny every month.

Most voters are single issue voters. Many may be concerned about his climate change policies, but another reason proved more compelling (mostly party affiliation).

It's ugly business, but it has an explanation.

Then they didn't care enough about climate change to do anything about it, cause they voted for a guy who won't admit it exists.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just an utter disgrace. Rest of the world, please quarantine accordingly and keep a close eye on us for the Planet's sake.

Meanwhile Melania has a higher approval rating than Trump, for some odd reason.

First lady Melania Trump’s approval ratings have increased by 14 points to 51 percent, according to a new Fox News Poll.

After stepping forward on the national stage by moving into the White House last month, the First Lady is becoming better known and better liked across party lines.

The poll also found that fewer voters dislike Melania Trump than they did before her husband was elected president, with only 28 percent who now view her unfavorably as opposed to the 35 percent who did before President Trump’s inauguration in December.

bionic77

Interesting to see how Americans are going to handle our losing our status as the most powerful and influential country on Earth.

Tovarisc

Right. We deal with the problems we cause. That's not hard to understand. We improve the way our country contributes to the climate change. What's wrong with that?

You say that as EPA is doing it damnest to repeal all regulations, rules etc. set in place by e.g. Obama era EPA in order to protect environment and climate.

Why?

Those pesky things are cutting into profits of mega oil, agriculture, coal and chemical corporations as they can't pollute freely.

Top Bottom