• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Wave 1? Fine

Wave 2? Nightmare

Wave 3? Not as bad, but still really bad

Wave 4? Okay, but not preferable

Wave 5? Easy Peasy

Got my TP Link. Having a friend pickup MM Link for me. Just waiting on SS Link from Amazon

Did you have TP pre-ordered? I called a couple of Gamestops. One never picked up and the other one somehow didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about.

And Villager
Villager was readily available too. And Wii Fit Trainer. No one wanted either at first and it wasn't until a couple weeks in when the first shipment was finally starting to thin out on shelves that people started freaking out about whether or not there'd be restocked and the panic buying began, which spilled over to the tail end of the wave 2 pre-orders.

KingBroly

Banned
Villager was readily available too. And Wii Fit Trainer. No one wanted either at first and it wasn't until a couple weeks in when the first shipment was finally starting to thin out on shelves that people started freaking out about whether or not there'd be restocked and the panic buying began, which spilled over to the tail end of the wave 2 pre-orders.

Villager and WFT and Marth were the first 3 "discontinued" amiibo.

WFT never got a full reprint line like Marth and Villager did, though.

JJH

Will the GS and BB exclusives be in stores? What are the chances of walking in and getting one? I live in somewhat smaller town.

Villager and WFT and Marth were the first 3 "discontinued" amiibo.

WFT never got a full reprint line like Marth and Villager did, though.
I know.

WFT and Villager were still on shelves for weeks though. Like I said, no one cared about them until people noticed they were beginning to get hard to find, at which point panic-buying collectors snapped up the remaining stock.

Wii Fit Trainer was still on store shelves as of Dec. 6th and some amount of time beyond, just over 2 weeks after release. I know because that's when I saw a post they were beginning to get thin, and rushed to Target to buy one, my first amiibo. Got Villager just after.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 1 was the best for me because Costco Canada put it up on their site as a bundle with all of them a while after launch for something like $30 CAD off the retail price. I jumped on that so fast. :lol

Similar with me. I waited at TRU when they opened, and had a 3 for 30 deal, shaving off a few bucks on each. Everyone else lined up yo get Smash Bros WiiU and Pokemon ORAS (cause TRU gave out Mega Charizard plush for pre-orders). I was the ONLY one there for Amiibo, and got them all (Villager almost wasn't found, but I waited patiently). Some that bought Smash also got an Amiibo or two, but that was it.

Patience was worth it :)

Draxal

Wave 1? Fine

Wave 2? Nightmare

Wave 3? Not as bad, but still really bad

Wave 4? Okay, but not preferable

Wave 5? Easy Peasy

Got my TP Link. Having a friend pickup MM Link for me. Just waiting on SS Link from Amazon

Wave 3 was rough with some of the rare stuff like Shulk, Dedede and Ike. It also introduced the exclusives.

Wave 4 was when Ness broke gamestop and Lucina gone in 60 seconds.

Crumbtiny

Went to a Gamestop right before they opened and no one in line. Walked in and they had a bunch of BOTW amiibo restocked. Guardian, archer and horseback link, Zelda too. Also had three Twilight Princess Links. Went ahead and bought all three. Felt a little bad, but the other two are going to friends who didn't find anything at their GS this morning.

Jawmuncher

Went to a Gamestop right before they opened and no one in line. Walked in and they had a bunch of BOTW amiibo restocked. Guardian, archer and horseback link, Zelda too. Also had three Twilight Princess Links. Went ahead and bought all three. Felt a little bad, but the other two are going to friends who didn't find anything at their GS this morning.

Surprised they even let you

ag-my001

So my MM Link just showed up, meaning I've officially joined the Church of Amiibo.

Best way to open the box to use while not totally destroying it if I need/want to put it back for storage?

Type40

So my MM Link just showed up, meaning I've officially joined the Church of Amiibo.

Best way to open the box to use while not totally destroying it if I need/want to put it back for storage?

exacto knife, gently cut bubble against card bottom, and sides. Leaving the top connected. Then it cam open liked a hinge,

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 3 was rough with some of the rare stuff like Shulk, Dedede and Ike. It also introduced the exclusives.

Wave 3 wasn't too badn because they could be pre-ordered at Gamestop. They only had like 2 Little Macs come in, just for pre-orders. Exclusive were annoying tho. My Lucario was one that originally came up as cancelled after I ordered it on TRU's site. The ones people bought on TRU's Gamestop page? Those processed just fine. I had to call CS to get the issue fixed as the cancellation was in error.

Draxal

Wave 3 wasn't too badn because they could be pre-ordered at Gamestop. They only had like 2 Little Macs come in, just for pre-orders. Exclusive were annoying tho. My Lucario was one that originally came up as cancelled after I ordered it on TRU's site. The ones people bought on TRU's Gamestop page? Those processed just fine. I had to call CS to get the issue fixed as the cancellation was in error.

Wave 3 being pretty bad, caused Wave 4 to be completely awful.

It was 2 > 3 > 4 just becoming increasingly awful.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Looks like Goomba is available for pre-order again on Best Buy. Hopefully Koopa Troopa pops back up as well so I can put in an order for both.

Picked up a Waddle Dee for $6 yesterday, guess I'll collecting the Kirby Series now too.

When I get the Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight figures I'll have to sit down and decide if I want my Smash Series ones or not. Hmm.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 3 being pretty bad, caused Wave 4 to be completely awful.

It was 2 > 3 > 4 just becoming increasingly awful.

It did start getting real bad as it went along. Remember Splatoon 3 pack also being tough? The exclusive DLC sure did it.

...Amazon can post any time now, I'm not that busy any more :/ I'm betting on noon.

Skyward Sword Link is up at Amazon

Can confirm
unknown.png

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Excluively for Prime Members? Well fuck you too, Amazon.

Also holy shit the Smash Link amiibo goes for $60+ new? Goddamn. I bought a spare about a year back because the one I bought at Smash's launch in 2014 has a bit of paint missing on the base.

I was intending on opening the new one and selling the old one but crap maybe I should do the opposite.

Edit: Or maybe I should just sell both, lol.

Top Bottom