• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

cormack12

Gold Member
How do I get new fruit for my island? I thought using the Mile Tickets would introduce me to new fruit trees, but they always have the same fruit that my island does... and coconuts.

RNG with nook mile tickets or if you have online you can open your island in here with a dodo code and people will come and leave some different ones by your airport if they are kind.

Be careful if asking on /r/animalcrossing

Nephew posted his dodo code last night and had to babysit it till 1130 as he didnt want to kick people off. Must have had about 25 people come and go.

Mista

Banned
Watch out, I am Akatsuki now!

ET9wW_tU8AAxEVg

BorntoPlay

Hi guys, I have a question. Can I move the museum to another place later? I am not very happy with the place I chose since it is right next to the plaza to avoid cutting down so many trees, but the game has autosave, so don't let me change it ...

Mista

Banned
I was wondering how the flower system worked. I'm going to try this out tonight.
I made plenty of hybrids. Its good and the hybrid colours are wicked too

Made purple, pink and black.

Hi guys, I have a question. Can I move the museum to another place later? I am not very happy with the place I chose since it is right next to the plaza to avoid cutting down so many trees, but the game has autosave, so don't let me change it ...
Yes you can relocate anything later on

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Question: are you able to play this game online between players from different regions? For example, can I invite Japanese, French, or Korean players to visit my island and vice versa?

nkarafo

Damn this game looks so empty, as if its unfinished. Did they forget to add grass on the floor? The enviroment looks depressingly sparse.

Thurible

I just spent a good portion of the day getting enough bells to pay off the extra room I was given in the back of my home. Now that I paid that off and got Nook to give me another mortgage, what will I get tommorrow? Do you get another room or does the back room expand?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I managed to catch a blue marlin today. My wife posited that she thinks there is a luck mechanic. I am inclined to agree. I was getting crazy good fish from fishing around my village so I decided to go after the blue marlin. In less than 20 tries I got it. That only leaves the golden trout for fish available.

Insects I do have 4 to go: ant, fly, migratory locust, and peacock butterfly. I've done a few experiments on the flowers to see if I can get a type that will yield blue flowers for the peacock butterfly. I laid out some fruit for the fly & ant. Only one that perplexes me is the migratory locust.

I've got $350k of the $548k needed for the next expansion. Tom Nook also mentioned upgrading the resident services but construction did not start. I am curious if it will be under construction tomorrow or if it will have changed.

Wisp visited again. His 'gifts' are never really good.

Meesh

So I really love this game, but I have 1 grievance.

Why can we still not rotate the camera so we can view our surroundings in 3d? Its... 2020 Nintendo. Like, why?

I mean, if that was the case in NH it would be Animal Crossing GOAT.!

Eevee86

Can villagers go in the Museum or something? Cherry disappeared for the majority of the day today and I was starting to think my game glitched because I couldn't find her for the life of me.

Last edited:

Linius

Can villagers go in the Museum or something? Cherry disappeared for the majority of the day today and I was starting to think my game glitched because I couldn't find her for the life of me.

They certainly can. They can also be at a birthday party of another villager. Much like us they just roam around and do random stuff.

I thought I'd give an update on the star fragment thing I was complaining about. Apparently last night, in my town, there was a meteor shower. This morning there were star fragments all over my beaches. I don't know if the amount correlates to wishing on stars or anything. I wished on over 200 stars last night. I completed all stages of the Nook Miles card, because I was confused on what any of it meant! I still don't get it.

Wishing on stars is basically to have some star fragments drop the next day. They pretty much correspond with the amount of wishes you did. So in your case I expect you kept noticing new star fragments to spawn troughout the day. You can use them to craft DIY recipes, one of which is the Magic Wand. Celeste is supposedly handing out more recipes as you progress. The miles achievement is purely a counter for how many wishes you have done and after every so much wishes you'll get some miles. It was meant as a slow grind considering you'll be playing this for some time and Celeste will keep visiting you at random. Kind of impressed you had the patience to sit trough the whole miles achievement in one night haha.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Day Six

You want how much for a second floor room? Is it just me, or does Tom Nook seems underhanded?

While island hopping, I ran into a moral dilemma. What more cruel?

Releasing a fresh water fish into the ocean...

EUBbFY-UcAAywQM

....or a salt water fish into a pond?

EUBbFY5U8AAFPTD

Results are inconclusive and further testing is needed. Please don't tell PETA.

Rocket still lives (unfortunately) but I have a plan. I'm going to attempt to make contact with a gang of barbarians that live on the north side of my island soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom