• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Laffer

0rss.jpg

Welcome to the Animal Crossing New Leaf Turnip "Stalk Market" OT.

Introduction

If you are familiar with Animal Crossing you can skip this introduction and go to the last part with instructions for this topic. If not and you are probably wondering what this is, please keep reading :)

Every Sunday until noon Joan (the boar in the banner) comes to the town to sell turnips. She sell them for prices going from 90 to 120 bells (the in-game currency). These turnips will get rotten after 7 days, so you need to sell them in the recycling store before that happens. Here's the catch: the prices to sell varies everyday (even twice a day, before and after noon) and they are not usually very good. The prices to sell your turnips goes from "very low" to 100... 150 if you are lucky. But sometimes you get a spike with a high amount like 500, meaning that it's time to sell. (They say in rare occasions it can reach the 900).

Why this thread

We already have an OT to discuss the game but sometimes we go too off-topic with people trying to get inside villages with high turnip prices. This thread will help keeping the other one clean while making it easier to share with the rest if your town is buying turnips at a high price.

So if you are playing Animal Crossing and something like this happens:

tumblr_moldr3N2p11svgayqo1_400.jpg

Please come back and share with us so we can sell them in your town too. To go to your town you would need to exchange 3DS "Friend Codes" with the rest of the visitors. This thread is also useful for that, although PM sometimes are better.

Some advises

- Now you can add your FC to your GAF Profile. Please do it as it helps a lot.

- You can keep all your turnips in the locker in your station and they will be in the same locker in the destination village. That is useful if you have more turnips than you can carry in a single ride.

- Exchanging FC can be messy and can only be done while the host player has the gates closed (is offline). It's best for them to add people in bulk whenever their town gets empty.

- If you are visiting a different town to sell, please keep in mind that only 4 people can go at the same time. Please be quick and leave the town. After doing that you can delete the other person from your 3DS friend list (so this person would have more room to add other people if necessary).

- Behave in the other person's village: do not run over flowers and of course do not cut trees or cause any other mayhem.

- And finally, if you are making a huge sum of money with your visit, tipping is much appreciated.

Useful links

- Turnip Patterns: This website describes four different patterns that the turnip prices might follow throughout the week.

- Stalk Market Wizard: If you fill in with your turnips prices everyday, it will recommend you when it's best to sell by predicting possible spikes in the different patterns you might be having.

- Ellix has suggested the following link with his guide "Hosting others for turnip selling".

Quoting:
- The most common way of creating waitlists is First-Come-First-Serve.
- Add friend codes in sets of 3 at a time. You can only have up to 3 visitors in your town at a time. It’s easier for you to control who gets to enter your town and in which order if you add 3 at a time. If you just add everybody who asks you all at once, they will all be forced to rush to enter your town. When players try to connect at the same time it can end up causing error codes or disconnections, and you won’t know which player is which since they could enter out of order.
- It’ll be much more organized for both you and the people asking to visit if you post the order in which you will be inviting others for everyone to see. (e.g. Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3, etc.).

Acerac

Banned
Hopefully this will alleviate the spam from the other thread and not just die off pitifully.

At any rate, I'm paying out a few hundred thousand bells to whoever can host a buying price over 500 per turnip. My code is 0301-9798-9226 if you can help out.

Laffer

Current price, only one hour left.

FC: 2878 - 9809 - 6283

EDIT

Had one person over, glad to at least helped someone :p

And Spiffy left me a great tip too, pleasant surprise!

I think MicH said yesterday that he got over 6 millions in tips.

MicH

I think MicH said yesterday that he got over 6 millions in tips.
Yup, just under 7 million in the bank (after paying my debt today), many fossils, furniture and some hybrids! Busy day yesterday.

My market crashed: buying for 131 today

gwarm01

I'm hoping to get in on the ground floor today! It seems this game can't handle hundreds of people trying to connect at the same time.

So I should be able to safely buy without fear of losing money? Surely someone on GAF will have a good selling price if I don't.

I've wanted to do turnips, but it was always too risky. Got burned badly one time in Wild World. :(

Bii

I think my stalk market this week has a random pattern. :/

6/17/13 Monday: 87, 103
6/18/13 Tuesday: 112, 102

So perhaps we should come up with some extra rules for the buying town?

Like, as soon as you notice a crazy high buy price:

- Save+quit the game ASAP.

- Advertise it in this thread:
... 1. Price
... 2. Roughly how long left till price changes or Re-Tail closes (NB: price apparently changes once during the day - midday, perhaps different if you've changed ordinance to early bird/night owl?)
... 3. Roughly what timeframe you'll be accommodating people (NB: you need to be able to stay with your 3DS and with internet, because any unexpected disconnects will need to be attended to)
... 4. Your friend code, of course.
... 5. Specify how many people you'll be willing to add in addition to existing friends, and then of course it's "first quote first serve". Base this number on how full your friends list is currently, how long there is left to sell turnips, and how willing you are to spend time doing this - note: you'll most likely earn a fortune!

- Before going online, adjust your friend list accordingly, and let us know who you've added. This gives people a much better idea of when they should attempt to visit your town, and things should run much more smoothly.

Pau

Yup, just under 7 million in the bank (after paying my debt today), many fossils, furniture and some hybrids! Busy day yesterday.

My market crashed: buying for 131 today
Damn, I'm jealous. When my prices went up to 598 bells last week, no one had bought turnips.

I am currently at 145 bells which is laughable. I don't have turnips to sell, but I should be on for a while if anyone needs that service.

C_V

BNJ6wwiCIAEl397.jpg:large

It's a good thing I found someone I could unload my 1 million bell's worth of turnips on, because this is looking grimmer and grimmer lmao.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Alright guys, turnips are going for 591 bells.

My town is not a night owl, so as of this post, there is only 2 hours left before the store closes.

My FC is 0302 1072 3582, and the town name is Spraíúil.

I'll open my gates at 8:45 CST, giving anyone interested 45 minutes to add me and give me their FC. I only have 10 3DS friends, so there's plenty of room for anyone that wants to take part. I'll leave the gates open at least until the store is no longer open, but I'll be studying.

.. If any of you have oranges or peaches, I'd appreciate one!

Var

My town is not a night owl, so as of this post, there is only 2 hours left before the store closes.

I'll open my gates at 8:45 CST, giving anyone interested 45 minutes to add me and give me their FC. I only have 10 3DS friends, so there's plenty of room for anyone that wants to take part. I'll leave the gates open at least until the store is no longer open, but I'll be studying.

I can bring some oranges! Added you, my FC is 3308-4726-4434. Thanks!

TheCrow

I can bring peaches. My FC is 5284-1419-6498

Edit; I'll probably come around 10pm or so.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
great, thanks guys! I'll open the gates up in 10 minutes in case there are any others out there. I didn't realize Re-Tail was open until 11, I thought it was 10. I'll keep the game on until 11 :)

YodaJM

Neo Member

Added you, my FC is 4484-7795-6814

TheCrow

great, thanks guys! I'll open the gates up in 10 minutes in case there are any others out there. I didn't realize Re-Tail was open until 11, I thought it was 10. I'll keep the game on until 11 :)

Thanks, I just left and I'm nowhere near a millionaire. I only made about 80,000, which is nothing compared to what others did. I'm trying to pace myself.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Good deal, that went smoothly! One person made 700K, and another said he's now a millionaire! I only bought 20 turnips, but that easy 100K tasted pretty damn sweet.

For the couple of late comers, I just added you guys and will open the gates in a few minutes.

edit:

The winner of the night!:
tumblr_moo9ld4Lqo1svd528o1_400.jpg

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Offloaded my turnips earlier today for 477 each. Made 5.5 million off a 1.2 million investment (tipped the town owner 300k). Will definitely be using this thread for next week lol.

Also you get a nice suitcase full of cash (furniture) for saving 5 million bells.

Jintor

She's buying for 428 in my town right now. FC is 1160 9740 3408, town is Chillton. Opening my gate now, 30 minutes until closing.

Please bum me a few turnips if you decide to take advantage of this fabulous offer.

/edit store is closed, no takers :<

CoolS

My turnips have been decreasing the whole week. Missed this morning, but now they are at 88 bells. So I am either at the small or big spike pattern I guess. Will let you guys now tomorrow.

THIS is where the 'nips went! Forgot to subscribe to it yesterday.

My store doesn't open for another 45 minutes but I'm not expecting much. Haven't seen it push past 88 all week. :\

Linius

Offloaded my turnips earlier today for 477 each. Made 5.5 million off a 1.2 million investment (tipped the town owner 300k). Will definitely be using this thread for next week lol.

Also you get a nice suitcase full of cash (furniture) for saving 5 million bells.

Oooh, that's how you get that thing. I have the writing set and piggy bank. Now I'm going for that suitcase full of money :D

zroid

Banned
Turnips currently at 128. I'm definitely on the random pattern, lol.

Thanks for making this by the way. I kept thinking about doing it, but I knew it would've been half-assed if it were left in my hands.

i23mix

Turnips selling for 377 in my town. Seems to be on a big spike pattern. May decrease tomorrow. My FC is 0490-4567-0051 if anyone wants to sell.

Top Bottom