• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anorexics Need to be Shipped to Somalia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so they have no choice whether to eat or not.

With the recent news regarding the Olsen Twins I was reminded of a problem that plagues many of America's most decadent, self-serving pieces of shit, this crock-a-shit they call Anorexia-Nervosa. It's one of those afflictions that I like to call "Manufactured diseases;" Diseases that Americans manufactured in the 20th Century to but heads back into their asses amidst being shown the "light" of their own banality and incompetence. Other diseases include ADD, AD-HD, or any variant of the aforementioned (Also, whatever the hell they claimed the Columbine Kids had.) Bullshit psychiatrics readily take advantage of this ass-headedness and feed the populous all types of bullshit.

For those who don't know anorexia is when the perp decides that they are too fat/need to loose weight and goes about this by NOT EATING. When I say NOT EATING I mean NOT FUCKING EATING/just enough to keep themselves alive. Then the suspect begins to look like the highlight reel from Auschwitz. After all the bullshit sympathy and costly treatment for this disorder many go on to hasten the pace of what their "disease" would have done in the first place and that is kill themselves. People say this is because of "The Media" which presents women with un-attainable standards blah blah blah. No. No its not, it’s a combination of the perp's idiocy and poor irresponsible activity on the part of the parent. I'm not placing the total blame on them, but they deserve a piece of it. But the brunt end of the blame needs to be placed on stupid idiots that do this to themselves.

The worst part of the "disease" is not what happens to the girl, it’s the sympathy they get for it. If left up to me I would introduce the perp to the narrow end of a wing-tip before asking them to get their shit together. Yes I said it. Sympathizers with these criminals are the same people that readily tell people how much of scum they think drug addicts, and alcoholics. The same people that tell the bum on the street to "get it together," and at most, flip a quarter in their direction. The hypocrisy is maddening I can't fathom why people would be this stupid. Wait, I know, they just ARE.

Anorexics are CRIMINALS. Abusing the privilege to be born amongst the world's lucky few that have the opportunity to eat regular often delicious meals is a FUCKING CRIME. This includes ass-nasty bulimics and disgusting gluttons. Anorexics just pass on the opportunity to eat. I swear if I were a billionaire I would fund the exchange of one anorexic for TWO starving Somalians or North Koreans. I say two because the average American eats enough food to feed two people comfortably (especially two people accustom to starvation) The anorexic chick can go to fucking North Korea and feast on as much shit as she wouldn’t eat back in the states. If she ever gets the urge to munch on something, it can be the bloody end of a man's severed calf (yes cannibalism is rampant in that very troubled part of the world DUE to a lack of FOOD TO EAT). Or she can go to beautiful Somalia and bask in the sun of the horn of Africa. She can if she ever gets hungry there she can abort an unwanted fetus and indulge (because legal abortion is non existent and people HAVE to do it themselves) Shit, or she can just pick the worms out of the local's feces and have at it. If the sun gets too hot in either place I'm pretty sure there are militants in both places that will provide ample shade with the shadows of their Kalashnikovs. I'm sure there are enough people to take the place of that selfish bone bag. Media expectations and all. And when the perp is in their new home, they won't HAVE a choice whether to eat or not. Hell we can start with the Olsen Twins. I bet they can make a strait to DVD release about their experiences. It can be called "Twins in Turmoil" or it can be a shitty remake of "A Tale of Two Cities" called "A Tale of Two warring Citystates" Selfish fucks.

Yes, I am aware of the number of idiot HS/Colligate wrestlers that do this anorexia shit too. They qualify for the program as well. Maybe they can wrestle up some food for their new countrymen. Morally inept bastards.

And yes, I have had the displeasure of dealing with these assholic criminals.

Oh yeah, and I saw what you bastards were saying about the 419 criminals. I will touch on that later. Damn I'm pissed.

Leon

Not criminals per se, but it's true that their attitude is criminally absurd and idiotic.

Black Stallion +1.

border

I hope that that was just a poor attempt at Jonathan Swift-style satire. It would be disturbing if you actually believed it instead of just needing to take better crib notes off A Modest Proposal.

Nikashi

Banned
Yeah, because the entire psychiatric community just invented all eating disorders! All those girls are just trying to get sympathy!

You know what. You, AND Leon are stupid sorry pieces of shit. How dare you go judging someone because of your own narrow minded view of psychiatry. These disorders are real, not just made up by girls who want attention. And the fact that you call them CRIMINALS for not eating? What the FUCK is wrong with you?

You disgust me.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I agree about anorexics! And what's with all of these "schizophrenics"? Talk about attention-whores! "Oh, wah, I didn't take my medication so now I can't function in society!" Christ, don't even get me started on ADD and sleep disorders! People need to stop inventing diseases for themselves.

In fact, pretty much everyone in a typical mental institution is either lying or a CRIMINAL! SEND 'EM TO ABU DHABI!

calder

This is one of the stupider threads of all time, and whether it was a dumbass sarcastic rant gone wrong or (heaven forbid) an actual opinion the original post is just godawful stupid.

The only real hypocrisy on this issue is that some people who'll feel sorry for someone that starves themself will at the sametime laugh at someone who's overweight.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm not reading your tiresome internet rant, but i agree that anorexia and indeed most diagnosed mental illnesses are symptoms of privilege, and that their "victims" are generally deserving of contempt. you da illest.

Leon

human5892 said:
In fact, pretty much everyone in a typical mental institution is either lying or a CRIMINAL! SEND 'EM TO ABU DHABI!

Abu Dhabi's the capital of the U.A.E.

You sarcastically meant Abu Ghraib.

calder said:
Anyone who thinks an actual eating disorder, or any sort of mental illness, is an absurd and idiotic "attitude" deserves to be insulted.

I think for alot of people it's hard to understand why anyone would feel sorry for someone that's almost intentionally harming their body. It's the same with drug addicts and people that feel sympathy for them. You know the consquences for what you're doing but you do it anyway.

Doth Togo

The Black Donkey said:

With the recent news regarding the Olsen Twins I was reminded of a problem that plagues many of America's most decadent, self-serving pieces of shit, this crock-a-shit they call Anorexia-Nervosa. It's one of those afflictions that I like to call "Manufactured diseases;" Diseases that Americans manufactured in the 20th Century to but heads back into their asses amidst being shown the "light" of their own banality and incompetence. Other diseases include ADD, AD-HD, or any variant of the aforementioned (Also, whatever the hell they claimed the Columbine Kids had.) Bullshit psychiatrics readily take advantage of this ass-headedness and feed the populous all types of bullshit.

For those who don't know anorexia is when the perp decides that they are too fat/need to loose weight and goes about this by NOT EATING. When I say NOT EATING I mean NOT FUCKING EATING/just enough to keep themselves alive. Then the suspect begins to look like the highlight reel from Auschwitz. After all the bullshit sympathy and costly treatment for this disorder many go on to hasten the pace of what their "disease" would have done in the first place and that is kill themselves. People say this is because of "The Media" which presents women with un-attainable standards blah blah blah. No. No its not, it’s a combination of the perp's idiocy and poor irresponsible activity on the part of the parent. I'm not placing the total blame on them, but they deserve a piece of it. But the brunt end of the blame needs to be placed on stupid idiots that do this to themselves.

The worst part of the "disease" is not what happens to the girl, it’s the sympathy they get for it. If left up to me I would introduce the perp to the narrow end of a wing-tip before asking them to get their shit together. Yes I said it. Sympathizers with these criminals are the same people that readily tell people how much of scum they think drug addicts, and alcoholics. The same people that tell the bum on the street to "get it together," and at most, flip a quarter in their direction. The hypocrisy is maddening I can't fathom why people would be this stupid. Wait, I know, they just ARE.

Anorexics are CRIMINALS. Abusing the privilege to be born amongst the world's lucky few that have the opportunity to eat regular often delicious meals is a FUCKING CRIME. This includes ass-nasty bulimics and disgusting gluttons. Anorexics just pass on the opportunity to eat. I swear if I were a billionaire I would fund the exchange of one anorexic for TWO starving Somalians or North Koreans. I say two because the average American eats enough food to feed two people comfortably (especially two people accustom to starvation) The anorexic chick can go to fucking North Korea and feast on as much shit as she wouldn’t eat back in the states. If she ever gets the urge to munch on something, it can be the bloody end of a man's severed calf (yes cannibalism is rampant in that very troubled part of the world DUE to a lack of FOOD TO EAT). Or she can go to beautiful Somalia and bask in the sun of the horn of Africa. She can if she ever gets hungry there she can abort an unwanted fetus and indulge (because legal abortion is non existent and people HAVE to do it themselves) Shit, or she can just pick the worms out of the local's feces and have at it. If the sun gets too hot in either place I'm pretty sure there are militants in both places that will provide ample shade with the shadows of their Kalashnikovs. I'm sure there are enough people to take the place of that selfish bone bag. Media expectations and all. And when the perp is in their new home, they won't HAVE a choice whether to eat or not. Hell we can start with the Olsen Twins. I bet they can make a strait to DVD release about their experiences. It can be called "Twins in Turmoil" or it can be a shitty remake of "A Tale of Two Cities" called "A Tale of Two warring Citystates" Selfish fucks.

Yes, I am aware of the number of idiot HS/Colligate wrestlers that do this anorexia shit too. They qualify for the program as well. Maybe they can wrestle up some food for their new countrymen. Morally inept bastards.

Oh yeah, and I saw what you bastards were saying about the 419 criminals. I will touch on that later. Damn I'm pissed.

129498.jpg

Guzim

border said:
Oh, this was by Ikenna/TheNigerian? It sounded like his brand of ignorance, but I wasn't sure because the author actually had some grasp of the English language.
Where is he anyway?

Leon

calder said:
Anyone who thinks an actual eating disorder, or any sort of mental illness, is an absurd and idiotic "attitude" deserves to be insulted.

I don't mind being insulted, I'm used to it. I just see the irony when I'm insulted for judging others prematurely.

To clarify : I disagree with Stallion on some parts, but the majority of his post is understandable to me. The disorders are real, I have never denied that. But I have little sympathy towards them, (saying no sympathy would probably be pushing it), just as I have little sympathy towards chain smokers with lung cancer or crackheads who OD'd in the bathroom. As Solid said, it's probably because they inflict it on themselves. Assuming that Olsen girl was anorexic, she knows what the average girl looks like. But she still refuses to eat, even though she's well under the healthy average weight. And to me, while there will always be sympathy -as there inevitably was for a close acquaintance of mine in high school who was also "afflicted", (believe it or not, pieces of shit can still show a little sympathy)- the lack of confidence within the victim's self repulses me so much that it overshadows that sympathy and gradually turns it into indifference.

I've seen people who went through much worse than having billions in the bank and their faces on the covers of a magazine or having to spend high school as the hottest girl in class. I'm probably one of them. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't have a mental disorder. But there's a whole other level to it, which Stallion realizes too. Are there any cases of anorexia in Somalia? I would be very much interested in hearing about one. But they're trying to survive, god bless them. They don't have women's magazine glorifying the loss of a few goddamn calories in their upper thigh. Their priorities weren't fazed by some fuckers who are exploiting every inch of our society's insecurities in order to make a few bucks. In any case, they grew some balls. We grew some balls. And Stallion's post could be summarized in just that sentence : Grow some balls, and stop taking your life for granted. That's probably the most absurd, criminal thing you could do (criminal really does have other meanings.)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Leon said:
To clarify : I disagree with Stallion on some parts, but the majority of his post is understandable to me. The disorders are real, I have never denied that. But I have little sympathy towards them, (saying no sympathy would probably be pushing it), just as I have little sympathy towards chain smokers with lung cancer or crackheads who OD'd in the bathroom.
You're talking about apples and oranges. Most bona-fide cases of anorexia are manifestations of a mental disorder or psychological dysfunction. Doing crack or smoking is not the result of any medical illness.

Leon

human5892 said:
You're talking about apples and oranges. Most bona-fide cases of anorexia are manifestations of a mental disorder or psychological dysfunction. Doing crack or smoking is not the result of any medical illness.

Most or some? In any case, if it were, it's a dysfunction that makes the victims perceive themselves as "never thin enough". So it's kind of a vicious circle. I say they shouldn't feel fat, but you say that they can't help it, because they feel fat. And apples and oranges are both fruits.

calder

Leon said:
I don't mind being insulted, I'm used to it. I just see the irony when I'm insulted for judging others prematurely.

To clarify : I disagree with Stallion on some parts, but the majority of his post is understandable to me. The disorders are real, I have never denied that. But I have little sympathy towards them, (saying no sympathy would probably be pushing it), just as I have little sympathy towards chain smokers with lung cancer or crackheads who OD'd in the bathroom. As Solid said, it's probably because they inflict it on themselves. Assuming that Olsen girl was anorexic, she knows what the average girl looks like. But she still refuses to eat, even though she's well under the healthy average weight. And to me, while there will always be sympathy -as there inevitably was for a close acquaintance of mine in high school who was also "afflicted", (believe it or not, pieces of shit can still show a little sympathy)- the lack of confidence within the victim's self repulses me so much that it overshadows that sympathy and gradually turns it into indifference.

I've seen people who went through much worse than having billions in the bank and their faces on the covers of a magazine or having to spend high school as the hottest girl in class. I'm probably one of them. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't have a mental disorder. But there's a whole other level to it, which Stallion realizes too. Are there any cases of anorexia in Somalia? I would be very much interested in hearing about one. But they're trying to survive, god bless them. They don't have women's magazine glorifying the loss of a few goddamn calories in their upper thigh. Their priorities weren't fazed by some fuckers who are exploiting every inch of our society's insecurities in order to make a few bucks. In any case, they grew some balls. We grew some balls. And Stallion's post could be summarized in just that sentence : Grow some balls, and stop taking your life for granted. That's probably the most absurd, criminal thing you could do (criminal really does have other meanings.)

You said of people with eating disorders that "it's true that their attitude is criminally absurd and idiotic". That's a ridiculous statement, and your attempts to 'clarify' the topic into what Black Stallion said or some meta-discussion about compassion has nothing to do with the flat out wrongness of saying that having an eating disorder is an "attitude". If that's the case, then any number of illnesses could be considered self inflicted just the same. Hopefully one day people with bipolar disorder or obsessive compulsive behaviour (or, to expand it just a bit, learning disorders) can grow some balls and snap out of it huh.

The Black Stallion said:

HEAVILY CO-SIGNS. TWO THUMBS UP.

andthebeatgoeson

MrPing1000 said:
Woah your an idiot. Anorexic's are criminals? Who would have known!

IAWTP. My original post got lost by a power outage but it went something like this.

The first post reminded me of a online rant I read criticizing our current society as declining because of a trend the author noticed. In his view, the decline was related to political correctness and somehow renaming disorders. He believed that we were not advancing science and knowledge and it was just a ruse to dupe ourselves to believe we were. For instance, post traumatic stress disorder = shell shocked and there was no difference to it all. I don't know how he could miss the advancement that shell shocked war veterans were no different from kids how have seen their parents murdered, victims of terrorism, car crash victims, etc. 'Shell shocked' victims are not exclusive to the men who landed in Normandy and it's possible our original discovery was still a lil ignorant. I thought of it because I see a similar theme.

It's almost as if you believe anorexia is a fake...a conspiracy by meat manufacturers to eat burgers. Anorexia isn't some disease you can 'walk off'. Your an idiot to believe that. I know it fits perfectly into your master theory on how society is a slave to excess in these time but you're overlooking some key facts. Many have and will die from this disorder and I can't make that leap of faith that they somehow wanted or choose it. Isn't the lost of life the ultimate validator? If someone is giving up their life, don't we usually take them more seriously?

There was another thread recently on depression. A few people posted what amounted to 'just walk it off'. Depression, anorexia nervosa/bulimia, smoking and all other addicting drugs, suicide, etc are seemingly 'bad' diseases. Diseases where the lost of life isn't as bad. Well, under the pressure to be thin, Mary Kate changed her attitude and thought in a way that will threaten her life. This ain't like your decision whether to eat chicken or beef last night. This ain't the same as deciding whether to take the parkway or 5th street into the city. It's a mental disease. And it threatens her life the same way heart attacks threaten your dad's life if he eats too much or smokes too much. It threatens her life the same way being a woman threatens your mom's life with breast cancer. So to suggest that this is somehow manufactured is absurd and idiotic.

Anorexia isn't something this girl will be able to walk off. It changed her way of thought that made some irrational and illogical things true and real to her. This same problem has happened in the past and will happen in the future no matter how rich and excessive this country is. It has nothing to do with the parents or Mary Kate's irresponsiblity. It has everything to do with her warped self-image.

EmSeta

This is the most retarded thread I've ever encountered on GA. And that says alot.

You really think people are just "making up" mental disorders? Have you ever known someone with anorexia?

andthebeatgoeson

drohne said:
i'm not reading your tiresome internet rant, but i agree that anorexia and indeed most diagnosed mental illnesses are symptoms of privilege, and that their "victims" are generally deserving of contempt. you da illest.

2nd most retarded statement I read today. Diagnosed mental illnesses and let me konw which are 'symptoms of privilege':
Depression
Schizophrenia
Psychosis
Suicide
Panic disorder
Posttraumatic stress disorder
Personality disorders like avoidant, histrionic, narcissistic, antisocial, borderline, obsessive-compulsive
ADHD
Anorexia
Drug use

Name one which you think is a symptom of privilege?

The true problem is society inablity to accept these illnesses as a disease. Some have been found to be caused by true chemical imbalances. Some we have no idea of what causes them. But they are labeled as 'crazy', unfortunately. These people have the same unfortunate luck as the guy who got a heart attack.

Others in this thread contend that you won't see anorexia in Somalia. Well, you probably won't. Anorexia is distinctly a disease where the afflicted have an altered self image. They believe they are fat even when emaciated. So, self image plays a large part. Using Somalia, where we would believe that the self image of the average Somalian teenager if different from the American proves nothing. This disease has crossed all cultural, geographical and economic borders. It would be one thing to say this is exclusive to the US. But you will find this disease in China, Japan, Russia, Europe, other countries in Africa, India, US, South America, etc. How could you explain that? God, the ignorance in this thread is pissing me off. Let alone the armchair psychiatrists.

darscot

The initial post is on the extreme side but I have had similar thoughts run around in my melon before. It seem so absurd to think that such a massive vanity complex can actually become a disease. The whole ADD thing is a joke it basically means "difficult" when you talk about children. I don't agree with how over the top the post is but he has some valid points. The way they justify everything with some kind of disorder is absurd some kids just need a good swift kick in the ass.

Leon

calder said:
You said of people with eating disorders that "it's true that their attitude is criminally absurd and idiotic". That's a ridiculous statement, and your attempts to 'clarify' the topic into what Black Stallion said or some meta-discussion about compassion has nothing to do with the flat out wrongness of saying that having an eating disorder is an "attitude". If that's the case, then any number of illnesses could be considered self inflicted just the same. Hopefully one day people with bipolar disorder or obsessive compulsive behaviour (or, to expand it just a bit, learning disorders) can grow some balls and snap out of it huh.

Lookit, I 'clarified'. If you don't want to understand, fine, but get off my case and stop putting words in my mouth.

Skinnyrattler, maybe the reason why some have a hard time grasping the seriousness of anorexia contrary to other disorders is because it's "unnatural"?
Manufactured may not mean that it was created. Just that it's a disorder that stemmed from unnatural (manufactured) sources, namely marketing and a certain image promotion. Traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia...these are all relatively natural, in that they occur without any control from the victim's part. Maybe the reason why anorexics are scolded in this thread by Stallion and me is because we believe that to at least a fairly certain degree, it is ultimately them who hold the power to end their ordeal. And not being able to get through to them leads me to believe that at some point, they had to choose to shut the door to common sense and go along some weird mental, instinctual path to anorexia. It's that choice that bothers me the most. A choice that they had, contrary to other disorders, etc...

And I welcome anyone who knows more about the subject than I do to prove me wrong. I'd actually appreciate it more than someone just coming in and throwing pointless tantrums and insults directed at me without clarifying their point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom