• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another *possible* case of mad cow in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Possible case of mad cow disease found in US

WASHINGTON -- A possible case of mad cow disease has turned up in the United States, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) said Friday.

"At approximately 5:30 this evening (2130 GMT) we were notified that an inconclusive BSE test result was received on a rapid screening test used as part of our enhanced BSE surveillance program," Deputy USDA Administrator John Clifford said in a statement posted on the USDA website.

[...]

"Inconclusive results are a normal component of most screening tests, which are designed to be extremely sensitive so they will detect any sample that could possibly be positive.

[...]

Clifford did not specify where the animal in question was located, but stressed it "did not enter the human food chain nor the feed chain."
INQ7

Nonono. It's because of KANADA. With a K. Because we all know Kanada is spelled K, A, N, A, D, A. KANADA. We damn Kanadian.

Oh wait, there a beaver in my bath! Brb.

Desperado

Littleberu said:
Nonono. It's because of KANADA. With a K. Because we all know Kanada is spelled K, A, N, A, D, A. KANADA. We damn Kanadian.

Oh wait, there a beaver in my bath! Brb.

I coulda swore it was Canadia.

way more

"Because this test is only an inconclusive test result, and because of the chance the confirmatory results will be negative, we are not going to disclose that information at this time."

Thanks for protecting me USDA. Seeing how they test less then 1% of all cows, a positive result would mean many other infected cattle. But the USDA would rather not let us know where the cow is, lest there be a drop in beef consumption.

fart

Savant
basically. it's a shame i can't keep myself away from beef without the imminent threat of death either. :/

we're all going to die in about 30 years or so. fuck

basik

I havent eaten beef since the last scare last year or whenever that was. Alot of people came forward then and said the usda was protecting the beef industry and not forcing them to test the animals and they STILL grind up the retarded lame cows that cant walk. Also, Bush said the beef was ok and I dont trust anything he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom