• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antony Starr (Homelander, The Boys) Accused of Being Abusive and Bullying on Set

Draugoth

Gold Member
antony-starr-the-boys-season-3-1653916470-2048x1155.jpg

While asked on an Instagram Q&A about the bullying on set and one of the cast members leaving the show, they further elaborated that someone from the costume crew had told them that Antony Starr bullied Dominique McElligott to the point that she left the industry and because of him, she would even fly back home instead of being with the cast, calling him a bully and a sexist.

Their contact in the costumes is not the only person that backs up this story, according to Vought HQ, a former actor from the show has also "regularly told them" that Starr bullied Dominique relentlessly and would be very inappropriate towards the female guest stars.

The allegations of Antony Starr’s toxic behavior on set comes two years after the The Boys actor assaulted a young chef while intoxicated at a pub in Alicante. The 21-year-old chef was reportedly punched twice by Starr and was taken to a hospital where they received four stitches above their eyes. Starr publicly spoke up about what happened a few months later in 2022, describing the incident as a ‘personal issue’, he said: ‘You mess up. You own it. You learn from it. You move forward.’

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Isn't this one of those worst kept secret deals? I'm sure he's been notoriously a bit of a prick for years and not even just the chef incident

Neon Xenon

That sucks to read.
But also, it's hard for me to not think that Antony's behavior is entirely suitable to his character...

He was excellent in Banshee but Hoon Lee was the standout actor in that show for me.

antony starr job GIF by Cinemax

Man, I gotta get back to watching Banshee. I saw a few episodes of Season 1 on a recommendation from Friendly Space Ninja years back, and I liked what I saw. Definitely something I would have watched while airing, had I known about it at the time, but it was on Cinemax (and I probably wasn't watching Cable anyway).

jason10mm

Gold Member
Along with Karen Fukuhara.

Does that mean I took a photo with a criminal?

When I met him, he treated me well... But of the famous people, the kindest was without a doubt Karen.
She is so beautiful, and so wasted on The Boys. She is a legit supe and ought to be getting over her past trauma and becoming the leader of the gang. I wish they did more with her.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Wasn't this also something some anonymous person said about Jonathan Majors? It's like someone headed for stardom and anonymous person comes with rumors about "this person was a bully!"

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
She is so beautiful, and so wasted on The Boys. She is a legit supe and ought to be getting over her past trauma and becoming the leader of the gang. I wish they did more with her.
Yeah!! , I met her and in fact she worked on The Callisto protocol game, but i didn't have the physical game, so I brought the Dead space remake and she recognized it, she liked it and she autographed it for me.... Of the actors I have come to know she is the kindest...

Little Mac

Shame if true. Been a fan of Star since Banshee.

As someone who watches The Boys, I don't understand why the writers
faked Queen Maeve's death at the end of season 3 when the character dies in the comics. If the actress who plays Maeve quit the show because of Star, why preserve the the Maeve character? Then again, Stormfront and Soldier Boy are technically still alive too so maybe it's a plot point the writer's will use down the line.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Idle gossip attempting character assassination needs to be proven, not disproven. Or better yet, ignored.

Surely all that'll happen is she'll come out in support of a wrongly accused fellow actor? That's what I'd do if someone at my job was accused of bullying me and hadn't been.

EDIT: I'm assuming this is being discussed quite publicly, given that someone's made a thread.

Last edited:
Man, I gotta get back to watching Banshee. I saw a few episodes of Season 1 on a recommendation from Friendly Space Ninja years back, and I liked what I saw. Definitely something I would have watched while airing, had I known about it at the time, but it was on Cinemax (and I probably wasn't watching Cable anyway).
Shame that the last season of Banshee was weak.

HoodWinked

Are they sure that the costume crew member isn't just retarded?

Seems a bit too on the nose that Anthony Starr would be bullying and sexist to the Maeve actress. Which is a part of the show. Someone that works in costume would be that stupid to equate acting with real life.

Hugare

Dude always seemed weird in interviews and etc.

Not saying that he is guilty of any of these accusations because of that. He could be weird but decent.

Top Bottom