• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any GAF Osaka people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Gonna be spending the weekend (starting friday returning monday) in Osaka.
So couple of questions.
Anything I should do? Interests don't really matter, tell me cool shit.
Anything I should avoid?
Anywhere I should definitely eat?
Any of you people currently there? I smell GAF meet up.
Thanks for all the info, you lovely bunch.

bjork

osaka-2.gif

Pull the chopsticks apart from the bottom to get a clean split.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm in Kanazawa at the moment. Gonna be here til july 17th.
And I totally get owned by separating chopsticks, but I can use them fine.

Draff

It depends, there's Universal Studios I guess, shopping at Shinsabashi (Namba parks just opened). It's too bad the other forum closed.

There's also den den town. As for food, seeing as how I was cheap, I stuck with the 450 yen kitsune udon all the time :p

RevenantKioku

Ah Bobster, how hilarious you are.
Aren't you from Rochester too?

I'm about an hour north of Osaka, and maybe a good 30 minutes outside of Kobe. Namba Parks is pretty cool - but also somewhat remeniscent of any large north american mall. Shinshaibashi is a pretty happening area, especially on a Friday / Saturday night - lots of cool night life...Club Underlounge probably being the largest / most well known club (though it is a bit pricey). I guess you should try out the Osaka Okonomiyaki / Takoyaki. It's apparently a bit different from other parts of the country.

America Mura and the love hotel district also can be amusing. Also, the all you can drink / eat beer garden on top of the big yodobashi camera building near Osaka station can be a real treat (haven't been there yet this year, but it's undoubtedly already open). Osaka definitely has its dirty spots as well, but overall, it's a really enjoyable city. Have a good time, it's a fun (but expensive) city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom