• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else obsessed with any old game? Me personally can't stop playing Halo 3

RAIDEN1

I would have mentioned Full Throttle, but the problem is going through it time and again, makes you wish there were more to it than just that "one-off" game....hell they should have made a day of the tentacle 2

Brigandier

c8ideCd.gif

Xenogears... the best RPG on PS1 that I desperately want a remake or 2DHD remaster of.

I mentioned this the other day was it with you?? When the random battle music kicks in as you're about to jump in Babel Tower 🤣

Also I can barely see Fei and Bart in the Stalactite caves when they're outside their gears they're that small my sight isn't what it once was 🙈

Yeah it was me, Tower of Babel with platforming sections and random battles in the middle of a jump was just

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Battlefield 3 on xbox multiplayer.

But honestly I can't tell who's cheating or not anymore. Takes the fun out of it. You see dudes blatantly float in the sky and one shot kill you when you spawn - the obvious cheaters - then you start to question what about the cheaters who are just a little more subtle.

damn didn't know this was still active. Thats incredible. BC2 and BF3 were peak battlefield IMO.

simpatico

Gold Member
Had a run in earlier this year with Alien Soldier on Gensis. Was pretty locked in for a couple weeks. Still have no idea how Treasure pulled that off.

I always thought this was bananas for Gensis. Check out ~30 minutes in.

Last edited:

POKEYCLYDE

I recently beat Dark Souls 1 which got me back into Elden Ring, had never beat either but recently beat both. Working on Elden Ring DLC now.

But I'm feeling the Megaman Legends bug. Want to jump in for a replay but I know if I do, I won't beat the Elden Ring DLC.

Vyse

Gold Member
Just finished Elden Ring and the DLC and was suggested I start up Dark Souls 3. My new obsession and it’s 8 years old.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Me get it OP, me play MegaMan X 1 through 4 so many times that me memorize games of fun. Me no regret, you no regret too.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
From time to time I put Sonic 2 or 3, and Metal Gear Rising

Maybe Metal Gear Rising speaks louder in recent times because of politics, but this game is with me since day one

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I’m playing Mass Effect Trilogy on Deck for a week now.

It’s a terrific fresh perspective for me, HDR OLED is flawless, especially paired with low resolution on Deck. Everything looks so crisp.

rm082e

Maybe if you're 12 years old.

ninja-gaiden-black-button-crop-1642652382207.jpg

Back when this game was new, there was a forum where a bunch of the top guys on the leaderboard would hang out and nerd talk details on how they got high scores. I think the guy who ran it had the alias "Shinober" (maybe - that was 20 years ago). This was before YouTube was a thing, so they had an FAQ on how to use a DVR box to record footage from games and upload it to LimeWire so we could learn new strategies for getting high Karma scores. I learned enough tricks from that crew to get through Master Ninja difficulty with a Master Ninja rating on every level. I felt like I had climbed a mountain.

Those were good times. :messenger_smiling:

I play Command and Conquer: Generals a couple of times a week. I just play that twilight flame map and see how many brutal armies I can defeat. Been doing it for twenty years and still not bored.

Laptop1991

Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas but to be honest they are all modded not Vanilla, and now Fallout London will be added to the list, i haven't stopped playing it, also Dishonored 1 and 2, i often replay them too.

Last edited:

Kindjal

I just logged off from playing Phantasy Star Online.

KK34OFQ.png

I came here to say Phantasy Star Online too.
I used to play in it's heyday on Dreamcast, and about a month ago started playing again, this time on Ephinea.
From the moment I started until now, I haven't played anything else, and my PS5 became an expensive USB charger for my elite controller.
I even bought a wireless keyboard and mouse so I could connect my laptop to the TV and sound system to be fully immersed, lol.

It's old and clunky, but there's just nothing like it, and I love it.

BlackTron

I just logged off from playing Phantasy Star Online.

KK34OFQ.png

Every 5 years or so I jump back into a fan server for my fix. Are there any other online action RPGs with dungeon crawling in a party? Monster Hunter has similaries but isn't really dungeon crawling.

PSO spoiled me and made controlling my character with a mouse and clicking spells seem boring and annoying.

I was recently thinking of playing Shining Force 2 again. Sometimes I just get tired of games with grim settings and violence and need something a little light hearted.

Kindjal

Every 5 years or so I jump back into a fan server for my fix. Are there any other online action RPGs with dungeon crawling in a party? Monster Hunter has similaries but isn't really dungeon crawling.

PSO spoiled me and made controlling my character with a mouse and clicking spells seem boring and annoying.
I've been looking high and low for something to scratch that itch, and for a moment, Destiny 1 seemed to fill that void, but in the end, it just wasn't the same (obviously).

I've also played different instances of Monster Hunter, and I really like it, but as you said, it isn't really dungeon crawling.

Remnant 1 had some similarities to the way PSO is organized, and I really enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit... I don't know, I don't want to say low budget, but I guess it's something like that. Still fun though!

Roberts

I am not obsessed with them or anything but I replay Grim Fandango, Monkey Island 1 and 2, Day of the Tentacle once in 5 years or so. Just makes me happy for the same reason I rewatch a lot of older movies. I don't think it is even nostalgia - just good stuff that is fun to revisit.

TheUsual

Gold Member
If you call Fallout 4 old at this point, then yes.
Playing on PC with only a few mods (the unofficial patch, high fps fix, and weightless junk) and having a better time with it now than when it came out.

Top Bottom