• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any word on the AKI Wrestling Games appearing on DS?

WarPig

Aki has a game called "Mikke!" on the DS third-party software list, but I'm not sure if they've said what genre it is. Yuke's, meanwhile, has a "sports" game on the DS software list that may or may not be a wrestling game.

DFS.

Pimpbaa

Wrestling on the DS could be a good idea. You could control your wrestler around with the d-pad and then have like a bunch of icons on the touchscreen for all the different moves that you could just tap to use.

Another great thing about the touch screen would be for even more customization for the CAW feature. Design your own shirt, your own logo, your own mustache more easily. It would be awesome.

TheDiave

Banned
bouncyavatar1.gif

Heh heh... She pumps her first high! :lol

And yeah, an Aki wrestling game for the DS would be sweet. Although I think we may be shit outta luck, seeing as how THQ uses Yukes for their WWE games, and Aki has been wearing an EA money hat as of late (Def Jam Vendetta).

Memles

Personally think THQ is dumb if they don't attempt to port No Mercy and make new models. I mean, really. The code is there, the engine is there. Just map a few things to the touch screen and be on your way, raking in some money.

I don't think the touchscreen idea works at all. You need more than a touch screen for an AKI wrestling game and you can't use the buttons and the touchscreen at the same time in the middle of a match. It's too much hassle. I think it would be better if the second screen was used to show the other wrestlers fighting away from you in a multiplayer match so that the camera soesn't pan out so much that you can't see what you're doing and maybe for instant replays in a single or 2 player match. Or maybe you could have JR and The King calling the match on one screen and you could hit them with your stylus. :p

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys forget that they lost the WWE license? EA/AKI would be wise to swoop this one up quick.

Top Bottom