• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody buy Crimson Tears? Impressions?

wipeout364

Just wondering, there was some interest in this game pre release but I haven't heard anything. Is it worth a buy or no.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
It's probably worth a buy.... at $20 or less. The reviews haven't been too stellar.

I think it will be $20 by October/November. If you are interested your best bet would be to wait. I am.

Played the JP version and really dug it. As a beat-em-up mixed with random dungeons and looting, it's really solid, and the graphics/animation are stellar. There's a few complaints I could register: the loot could be better in the early game, the combo upgrade system plateaus too damn quickly, the differences between characters are largely marginal, and a few end bosses are stupid cheap, but other than that, I had a great time with it. I'll definitely be picking up the US version for when I get some free time.

User 406

Banned
wipeout364 said:
IS the fighting similar to PSO?

No, it's better. A lot more fluid. I'll second Drinky's post -- I tried out TToB's copy to see if I'd like it, and ended up playing all evening. Very addictive hit people/get stuff game. I'll be picking it up as soon as I catch up on some of the CC sale games I got, but I ended up playing Nethack all weekend so that didn't help. Dammit, life would be simpler if more games sucked. :(

It's nothing like PSO, combat-wise, although the gameplay is a bit cimilar to PSO's single-player offering (for good or aught). It's much more like a BEU or fighting game in combat, and very well-implemented in that regard.

maskrider

Bought it and sold it. Just couldn't get myself into it, beat a few levels and simply put it down, feeling bored. May be not my type of games.

I was a fan of Ehrgeiz's Dungeon mode. It felt very complete, but it was way too short. As it is also by Dream Factory and is a Dungeon/Fighting hybrid, I have assumed that it is quite similar (but I would also assume it is longer, as it is a full game, not an extra) . Could anyone who has played both compare the two?

User 406

Banned
Diomedeskun said:
I was a fan of Ehrgiz's Dungeon mode. It felt very complete, but it was way too short. As it is also by Dream Factory and is a Dungeon/Fighting hybrid, I have assumed that it is quite similar (but I would also assume it is longer, as it is a full game, not an extra) . Could anyone who has played both compare the two?

Yes, if you loved either Tobal 2's or Ehrgeiz' dungeon modes and wanted a similar full game, you should get Crimson Tears, because that's basically what it is.

Top Bottom