• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody do Amazon Flex?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Howdy. I was looking into doing some deliveries for Amazon on my days off to earn some extra cash. Does anybody here have experience with it? I'd probably only do about 10 hours a week in total. Like most of us, I could use a little extra and this seems minimally invasive to my schedule.

Winter John

Yeah. I had a customer who tried that. He said it was tough getting bookings or jobs or whatever they call it. Apparently they give out a schedule once a week and if you ain't there right away you're pretty much fucked for getting the good hours. The main drawback he said was the fuel costs and the wear on his truck just from having to drive way out to the warehouse then deliver the shit. So you're probably gonna need to work out where your nearest warehouse is and if them costs are worth it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Yeah. I had a customer who tried that. He said it was tough getting bookings or jobs or whatever they call it. Apparently they give out a schedule once a week and if you ain't there right away you're pretty much fucked for getting the good hours. The main drawback he said was the fuel costs and the wear on his truck just from having to drive way out to the warehouse then deliver the shit. So you're probably gonna need to work out where your nearest warehouse is and if them costs are worth it.
Luckily I have a warehouse about 25 minutes from my house. It's right down the road from my regular job.

Last edited:

Winter John

Luckily I have a warehouse about 25 minutes from my house. It's right down the road from my regular job.
Well shit, that’s probably great. I don’t know how they do it but I guess it means you could pick up more stuff. Maybe they got a preferred driver system or something based on proximity to their warehouse.

Top Bottom