• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone been to Warped Tour so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
About how long do the bands play? I've heard from 30-40 minutes, but I found that a little ridiculous...I'm going on Saturday for like 5 bands, all not very popular.
So just wondering how long I should expect to see them...

and if you wonder why I'm going to seemingly shitty concert, the bands I want to see are:

My Chemical Romance (I want to see them again so fucking bad you have no idea. Great fucking band that is just awesome live. Basically if they weren't there I wouldn't be going)
Fear Before the March of Flames

Those are my main reasons for going. other bands I will be checking out:

Scatter the Ashes
From First To Last
Alkaline Trio
Single Frame
Bear Vs. Shark

and actually, me and the people i'm going with compiled a list with all the bands and their rankings, not that you guys care, but I found it amusing we took the time to listen to all these bands:

New Found Glory - horse cock
Coheed & Cambria - sex
Taking Back Sunday - meh
Flogging Molly - no, that's just fucking awful
Anti Flag - this is why I used to not like punk
Bouncing Souls - pop punk gotta go
Bad Religion - nope, fuck you
NOFX - horse cock
Simple Plan - horse cock
Yellowcard - horse cock
Story of the Year - horse cock
Atmosphere - hip hop?
Sugarcult - some people get thursday and we get this?
Tiger Army - mildly entertaining
Billy Talent - surprisingly not terrible
Lars Frederickson and the Bastards - couldn't make it through 5 seconds
The Vandals - people like this. why?
Rise Against - hey guys let's hit the snare a lot
The Casualties - 2 seconds, stop. SNARE SNARE FUCK
Rufio - horse cock
Allister - generic punk, as somehow expected
Avenged Sevenfold - pretty sexy
Matchbook Romance - not awful, but not good either
From Autumn To Ashes - promising
Jackson - ouuuuch my fucking ears
The Revolution Smile - blah
Single Frame - interesting yet poppy electronica jizm
Another Damn Disappointment - look at the name of the band
A Faith Called Chaos - oh snap, this is rockin' (like the bronx)
The Briggs - what I read about them = shit
Fear Before the March of Flames - hot sex
Letter Kills - sexifyable
Bleed The Dream - pretty sexy - finchy
The Beautiful Mistake - I don't even know - perhaps
Motion City Soundtrack - pop shit
Truth In Fiction - pop punk NOOOO
Scatter the Ashes - hot sex
Big D and the Kids Table - ska GO AWAY
Killradio - not bad, but ROCK AGAINST BUSH = wtf
Break the Silence - angry generipunk
Number One Fan - I've heard this band before (no)
Melee - nah
The Academy - not all that special.. but angry
The Break - interesting "powerpop"
From First To Last - sex
Dynamite Boy - jesus christ shoot me
Hidden In Plain View - I think I've heard this band before (no)
Over It - no, fuck it
Yesterday's Rising - promising
A Thorn For Every Heart - sex
Underminded - I enjoy it, melodious hardcore sex
Abstract Giants - not good music
Last Annual - could you bitch some more? jesus
The Phoenix Rising - hot sex
Split Habit - piece of shit
Bowling For Soup - punk rock 101; blink 182; simple plan
Quietdrive- singer sounds like incubus, not bad
Bear Vs. Shark - hot sex
Haste The Day - nice and angry, hittable
Emanuel - meh, not awful
Amity - promising
The Matches - pop punk no no
Noise Ratchet - not bad, but slightly unacceptable
Days Like These - pretty good
Lightweight Holiday - pretty generic, not horrible
Staring Back - mememmeme blah fuck
Nor Am I - slightly generic anger, but not bad

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Warped Tour 2 years ago to see The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and stuck around for Quarashi (who kinda kicked my ass), NOFX (ugh), and Bad Religion (who were great). The bands played like 30 minute sets, and like most festival shows, it kinda sucked horse cock. Especially for the hours of trying to find bands I could stand, and failing miserably at it, in the heat, with no water.

If you get tickets cheap or there's no other shows to see I guess you could go. Single Frame fuckin' rules.

yoshifumi

Banned
are these ratings based on the bands overall, or just their live performances? because i like a lot of the bands you shit on but a lot of them suck live.

2 guys from Another Damn Disappointment came down to my Dairy Queen the other day.

Apparently they're on this "warper tour"...

Matt Dillon also came the night before(filming a movie with Marisa Tomei just blocks away from the DQ). I wasn't working that night though.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
yoshifumi said:
are these ratings based on the bands overall, or just their live performances? because i like a lot of the bands you shit on but a lot of them suck live.

a mixture or what we read/heard from reviews/people who share a lot of our tastes, and small samples of each band we downloaded.

but no one's been to this years yet?

Went to Warped Tour in Fullerton earlier this month for a music tv show I work on. Didn't get to watch much of the performances, since we were interviewing bands. We did get to interview some of the bands like Juliette Lewis and the Licks, Go Betty Go, My Chemical Romance, Bouncing Souls, IMA Robot, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, The F-Ups, and some other bands. The 2 guys we interviewed from My Chemical Romance were really cool. So was Juliette Lewis. We're still editing the footage, but hopefully we'll have some clips up on our website soon. Not really my type of my music though.

Nah, we have 3 girls that we rotate to do the hosting for our show. I work on just the shooting, editing, and other behind the scenes stuff. Right now our website is just a teaser website with a few clips of some unsigned Los Angeles bands.

http://www.musicplustv.com

But we're working on our first episode right now, which includes both unsigned and signed artists.

Here's a link to the mockup of the front page of our website. One of our host girls is going to be in FHM next month. Can you guess which one?

http://www.musicplustv.com/images/beta version.jpg

You scored a lot of points with your rating of Coheed then you immediately lost them all with your rating of Taking Back Sunday.

And I'm going to warped tour on the 2nd I believe.

Thanks. One thing that was cool about going to the Warped Tour even though it was hot and crowded, was all the scantily clad good looking women.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Azwethinkweiz said:
You scored a lot of points with your rating of Coheed then you immediately lost them all with your rating of Taking Back Sunday.

And I'm going to warped tour on the 2nd I believe.

TBS are decent, but nothing special imo. I've seen them before actually. They held my attention. just nothing spectacular.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I went to the Warped Tour in 2002 to see Bad Religion and hated it. 99% of the bands there were fucking terrible. From your list, I see that this year is no exception.

I would've seen Bad Religion and Thursday (whom I didn't see on your list, but I think they were scheduled to play at least a few dates), and that's all.

In conclusion, BOOURNS TO WARPED TOUR!

For all you Coheed fans, did you hear about their Toronto Warped Tour appearance?

Haha.

They were booed off the stage because Claudio was piss drunk and was yelling at the audience. According to reports I've read, he could barely remember any of the words to the songs and was playing like shit. He continually insulted the audience claiming the U.S. was better than Canada, and then told the crowd to throw stuff at them. They eventually had to leave cause there was too much stuff being thrown.

On the Coheed message board, there are a ton of fans pissed considering this was Coheed's first stop in Toronto ever.

Richiban

Idle Will Kill said:
For all you Coheed fans, did you hear about their Toronto Warped Tour appearance?

Haha.

They were booed off the stage because Claudio was piss drunk and was yelling at the audience. According to reports I've read, he could barely remember any of the words to the songs and was playing like shit. He continually insulted the audience claiming the U.S. was better than Canada, and then told the crowd to throw stuff at them. They eventually had to leave cause there was too much stuff being thrown.

On the Coheed message board, there are a ton of fans pissed considering this was Coheed's first stop in Toronto ever.

It was the Calgary date where that happened.

I refused to go this year. The Salt Lake City lineup is horrible. No Fear Before The March of Flames, Alexisonfire, The Bled, The Kinison, or Saosin. Only bands I really wanted to see were Coheed, and My Chemical Romace.

Richiban

I went to the Calgary date for a lot of the 'crappy' bands that Eminem listed. I don't care what you call it, but The Vandals, Bad Religion and NOFX all rocked my socks off.

Coheed And Cambria was utter fucking shit. I went to see them based on high opinions of friends and was thouroughly disappointed.

Of course, there could have been a lot of other influences for the leads performance, so I'm not gonna judge.

I'll catch them again when they come back to Calgary.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I have a couple of the groups on the warped tour on my buses, and they have said that the shows have been decent and if anyone is planning on going to the warped tour or see that they are in your area , let me know maybe I can get you some tickets and all to get in or get backstage... also musicplustv how do you go about with your distribution... do you put your shows on DVD?? or straight to network??

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Malleymal said:
I have a couple of the groups on the warped tour on my buses, and they have said that the shows have been decent and if anyone is planning on going to the warped tour or see that they are in your area , let me know maybe I can get you some tickets and all to get in or get backstage... also musicplustv how do you go about with your distribution... do you put your shows on DVD?? or straight to network??

haha, well can you do anything for this coming saturday at the Tweeter Center in Chicago? =p

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
scatter the ashes is a local band here and i went to their first show ever and man they were awful. i noticed they got signed to epitaph recently and i shuddered. just checked them out and they've definetely improved but they're still nothing special imo.

the pink spiders are doing a few dates on the warped tour (i think just the southeast stuff), check them out if you get a chance.

Malleymal said:

Yea, if you have tickets to the Pittsburgh show, I'd love to go.

I'm going in two days to the indianapolis warped tour... and i absolutely can't wait to see guttermouth, the Vandals, and NOFX...and some others but those are some i really want to see. I'll post how i thought it was when i get back

malleymal, at first we are going to air in the southern california region on cable, leased access (not public access), eventually we want to expand to a whole cable network and increase our coverage area. Probably expand up to the Bay Area, and then maybe northwest and southwest. And farther down the line, in major cities like New York City, Boston, Washington DC, etc.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Malleymal said:

Malleymal, do you own a fleet of tour buses?

fart

Savant
Cyan said:
Heh. So totally incorrect. Bad Religion destroys you. Great albums, great live band. These guys rock.
STRANGER THAN MOTHERFUCKING FICTION

QED

oh, and a historical note. that was the first cd i ever copied!

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Been to the vans warp tours 3 times from 1995 to 1997 in montreal, havent been there since.

I disagree with many of your rankings..

From all the shows i've seen, not just the warp tour, i would say that the best live bands i've seen are 1) Guttermouth, jeebus the singer is crazy 2) the Vandals, :eek: 3) Good riddance, 4) AFI, Davey Havok is the shiznit, though that was a while ago, havent seen their concert since their 2 or 3 recent album releases.

Honoroble mention, Pennywise, never been a big fan but in concert they're pretty damn good.
Biggest disapointment after seeing them, strung out, damn i couldnt believe how lifeless they were on stage.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I went.. it was decent..

Coheed was not very good (I love the band), Claudio was about to pass out in the Texas heat.

Yellowcard was good, the Vandals were really awesome, everything else was pretty forgetable, I guess taking back sunday, alkaline trio, bouncing souls were good but not great.... last years show was better.. Tsunami Bomb bitches!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
dskillzhtown said:
Malleymal, do you own a fleet of tour buses?

Yea... 12 of them....

12 bunks with tvs in each bunk
front and rear lounge with Dvd Players, Ps2's , Xbox's
all the amenities, Kitchens, bathrooms and all
some have Bedrooms in the back.

I will post some pics if you would like to see them.

and for the people who asked for tixx, I will contact my drivers and see what their comp situation is.......

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
musicplustv said:
malleymal, at first we are going to air in the southern california region on cable, leased access (not public access), eventually we want to expand to a whole cable network and increase our coverage area. Probably expand up to the Bay Area, and then maybe northwest and southwest. And farther down the line, in major cities like New York City, Boston, Washington DC, etc.

ALright cool, well let me know if ever you get the need for CD/DVD duplication, I would love to work with you. I also help out a production company in NYC We are actually flying out to LA next month to pitch a couple TV shows that we produced... Maybe I will catch your show while out there.... or even work on some future projects...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Eminem said:
haha, well can you do anything for this coming saturday at the Tweeter Center in Chicago? =p

PM me your name or post it in here, I will let you know if I can get you on the list..

Malleymal, what kind of productions are you working on? I don't think our show will be on yet though when you get out here, we're shooting for an early September launch. Shoot me an email when you head out here to LA.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
musicplustv said:
Malleymal, what kind of productions are you working on? I don't think our show will be on yet though when you get out here, we're shooting for an early September launch. Shoot me an email when you head out here to LA.

We have a couple TV shows that we produced, a couple reality show Pilots, and also a Music/Club show, we have gained interest from some networks that are looking to work with us, so we are going out there in August to meet with some of the people, as well as a couple agents. I will definately let you know when we make it out there, it should be for one week at the least looking for maybe 2.

Eminem how many people are trying to go with you.... ???? I definately can get you in, but how many are you trying to go with.....? PM me.

StoOgE said:
I went.. it was decent..

Coheed was not very good (I love the band), Claudio was about to pass out in the Texas heat.

Yellowcard was good, the Vandals were really awesome, everything else was pretty forgetable, I guess taking back sunday, alkaline trio, bouncing souls were good but not great.... last years show was better.. Tsunami Bomb bitches!

Oh fuck yeah! +1,000,000 for Tsunami Bomb. Just saw them this past weekend for their "Album Release" show...or lack there of...at the Troubadour. IT ROCKED!

Oh and Warped sucked. The sound was terrible and there was fuckin dust everywhere. I couldn't breathe for days. And i love many of the bands that were there. I'm speaking in reference to the Cal State Fullerton show.

The Fullerton show was the one we shot at, luckily we got to stand in the press area just outside the entrance, so we didn't get too much dust inhalation, just sunburn. We did get to go shoot on stage for the Bouncing Souls performance though, they were really cool.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Eminem said:
done and done. i await further instructions =p

Hey just get your ID ready and go to the will call or whatever... you have the tixx and Backstage passes waiting for you....

Enjoy....I will also send u a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom