• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else like very spicy chicken wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

I've recently gotten into the habit of going to the local chicken wing place with friends for 25 cent wing night.

I always order the general alarm wings, which are as hot at they come at this particular establishment. It's a habanero sauce, and it's very spicy, but it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'm sure I could eat hotter wings.

Anyhow, does anyone like etremely spicy wings becides me?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, but I'm an idiot so wash it down with Pepsi. That burns like hell...

I haven't been to a good wing place in Austin, really haven't been looking though. I've only gotten wings from Dominoes or Hooters. I like hot wings, but I dont know if I could handle the ones your talking about.

marsomega

Ecrofirt said:
I've recently gotten into the habit of going to the local chicken wing place with friends for 25 cent wing night.

I always order the general alarm wings, which are as hot at they come at this particular establishment. It's a habanero sauce, and it's very spicy, but it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'm sure I could eat hotter wings.

At applebees I love their boneless wings. I order them HOT not mild and with a side of their nacho cheese which is basically spicy nacho cheese with jalapenos right in the cheese for an extra kick. They bath them good in hot sauce, so much that the smell stings your senses. Its hot and it burns but man is it good. I also love their sante fe chicken salad. That spicy salad ROCKS!.

B'z-chan

Banned
If there just fingers instead of wings hell yeah. I'm all up for those. I usually get the hottest i can find that are crusted and cried and then i put some habanero hot sauce on them i also do this with my eggs. Good stuff but i usually have some ranch dressing to go with it. But crap man i cant take it anymore. Such goodness i know its just killing my ulcers i have in my stomachs.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
No I do not. I had them at a bar tonight and I FUCKING HATE THEM. But they were the only food option I had to fill my stomach with some eats for the drinking. I told her not to order theose fucking spicy chicken wings. I HATE SPICY SHIT. But it was aright the place we went to next had pretzels and prezlesl aren't spicy.

Dyne

Grizzlyjin said:

I haven't been to a good wing place in Austin, really haven't been looking though. I've only gotten wings from Dominoes or Hooters. I like hot wings, but I dont know if I could handle the ones your talking about.

Nah, whats worse than pepsi is any citrus-flavoured drink. Especially orange pop. Burns like a bitch.

I myself like to make wings at home. I use a special local sauce with a mix of peppers and it's really tasty AND hot.

Ecrofirt

Grizzlyjin said:

I really enjoy Dominoes hot wings. They've got an awesome taste.

When we get the wings, we like to order as cheap as possible, so that usually means most of us get water. We've got one or two guys that get two or three damn bottles of rootbeer at a dollar a bottle, though. I'd like to smack them upside the head.

Oh, back on subject... Yea, the water with the habanero wings doesn't even bother me. I don't know if my tastebuds are dead from the heat or what. I mean, I know the wings are hot, but my nose parely even gets runny, and I've got friends who cry like a baby eating one of those lovely wings.

Ecrofirt

Dyne said:
Nah, whats worse than pepsi is any citrus-flavoured drink. Especially orange pop. Burns like a bitch.

I myself like to make wings at home. I use a special local sauce with a mix of peppers and it's really tasty AND hot.

I love making my own wings. Here's the basic outline of my sauce:
1) always about a tablespoon or so of butter
2) a cap full of vinegear
3) Franks RedHot sauce, until I enjoy the flavor

Those three are the backbone of my sauce. I always add different stuff to it. Here's some of the things I like in:
Honey
Honey-French Dressing
Honey-Dijon Dressing
French Dressing
Parmesean Peppercorn Dressing
strained Italian Dressing (for tangy sauce)
Maple Syrup
Mountain Dew (you'd be suprised.)
Ketchup
Wine
Sugar (to take out the overly vinegeary taste you get sometimes from too much hot sauce)

And I usually add some combonation of these seasonings to the sauce/(and all of those to the wings) before I cook them:
Paprika
Garlic Salt/Powder
Curry Powder
Cajun Seasoning

I don't make my own sauce super hot, but damn is it ever flavorful. I've had a bunch of people tell me it's the best stuff they've ever had. I always mix and match with the ingredients, so it never tastes exactly the same.

Good god, do I love wings.

demon, I don't know you, but I feel obligated to tell you this...

SLOW DOWN WITH THE FUCKING DRINKING!!!!

Every fucking time you post you're drunk, preparing to drink, just got back from a bar etc etc. I'm not trying to be preachy, but the frequency with which you drink really bothers me despite the fact that I know almost nothing about you. I consider myself a semi-regular drinker (about twice a week, give or take), but you are on a whole other level. Seriously man, try and ease up...occupy your time with other things and don't make the booze such a priority..

demon

I don't drink a LOT man. Like seriously, I get really-buzzed-to-moderately-drunk likei once a week. And I was just bar hopping wtih this girl and her friends because it was her 21st, so it was a good excuse. I think for being out from 9 to 2:30, my alcohol intake was pretty low. Plus, I'm not really drunk, just really buzzed. If I were drunk I'd probalyt be tyypingh ike thiss.

Also, I tend to feel like posting when I drunk more than othe rpeople probably do, so it just looks liks I get drunk more than normal.

Plus, YOU'RE NOT MY MOMMY! I'll drink as mcuh as I damn please! Now here's my jacks....(just kidding).

miyuru

25 cent wing night? Dude, you're getting ripped off. I get wings from 10 cents to 15 cents on Wednesdays! And that's CDN (but I think you're in Canada right?).

demon

Fuck man, I paid 5.95 for four fuckign wings, with RANCH sauce. OMG RANCH SAUCE that shit's so expsensive.....not.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
god, this really makes me want some chicken wings right now. i wish i had some crappy microwaveable ones just to get rid of the hunger.

Ecrofirt said:

hell yeah i always go for the hottest wings in any hot wing spots i go to...

i used to LOVE Village BBQ that was at 1st & 10th.. the it closed :-/
atomic wings, which is like on the next block isn't as hot, or as tasty :-/
though on the west side, there's pluck u chicken, at around 50th & 9th, that's pretty good..
but i miss village bbq, best wings ever

i like 'em when there hot. like when it feels like they're burnin the skin off of your face... only if i'm drinking beer with 'em though. hot wings and beer go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Vandiger

I don't eat anymore hot spicy foods, I found that when I do the next day I'll regret it if you know what I mean. I don't know how people can tolerate that type of thing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I've never actually tried chicken wings. It just doesn't seem to be anything edible on them. :|

There is a place in College Station, TX called Wings & More that has some pretty good and hot chicken wings. I don't know how far Wings & More stretches across the nation, but everybody should give them a try.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
I always order "SUICIDE WINGS" or the hottest the restaurant has.... but I'm always disappointed :(. A number of places have great deals around here though... $10 CDN and you get 20 wings :D.

bjork

"Shut up, why don't you go gnaw on a bone like a gorilla, Lazlow... our ancestors didn't eat chicken wings! They lived in harmony with their environment subsisted on a diet of leafy greens and berries!"

"Yes, and they also threw stones at their own shadows, and died of fear at age 24."

"Lazlow, the soul is eternal. But let me answer the question..."

chimpychi

main_logo.jpg

oh god I love BLAZIN hot wings...the pain last about half an hour...feels like your lips and tongue are bruised...

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
chimpychi said:
main_logo.jpg

oh god I love BLAZIN hot wings...the pain last about half an hour...feels like your lips and tongue are bruised...

You said it, my friend. When i was in school i got up to 25 blazin wings. Those things put me on cloud 9. I am a freak when it comes to spicy food and i'm never afraid to push myself. About a month ago i bought a habenero pepper and ate it to see if i could handle it, and i was fine.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I love me some chicken wings. We go out about every second week and hurt ourselves. But hot is good. Well at least hot is good on the way in. On the way out is a whole nother story.
Flaming Hoop is never a good time.

Gruco

Banned
There's this place in Pittsburgh, Quaker Steak & Lube, that has an all you can eat night. Back in high school me and my buds would have eating contests like, every other week. Usually topped out somewhere in the lower 50s. Good fun.

One time I decided to go quality over quantity, and just ordered the absurdly hot Atomic wings. I managed to have like 15 of them before giving up. I sure don't plan on trying that again....

Anyways, hot wings are awesome.

Grifter

I had a Jamaican friend who would down Blazin BWW wings like they were nothing. I recently found something worse at this local tavern with "award-winning" wings, I haven't tried their hottest, the "wise guy" sauce, and had the "catatonic" instead, it was pretty much purely big jalepeno chunks in a bit of thick sauce and they owned me.

There's another local place that has big meaty wings with a buttery, cheesy, cajun sauce. Damn thread is making hungry and I just ate.

I love really hot wings. There's this chain called Buffalo Wild Wings that makes great, really spicy wings.

Hot wings are like sex: If you're not sweating and shaking, it's not hot enough.

aparisi2274

Ecrofirt said:

I went to a place once when I was on vacation down in Orlando, and I ordered wings, and I got them the hottest there, which was NUCLEAR. They were hot, but not that bad.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Before my friend went to Japan, we all went and had wings at BW3. We all had Blazin', I was nearly in tears. Where the sauce contacted the skin around my mouth, it burned for about ever. Not too bad, though.

My friend's dad makes hot wings, and when my friend still lived here and we were over there, it was like heaven. He mixed about 3 or 4 different barbeque sauces together, and then chopped up like 2 habanero peppers and then slow cooked them on the grill. Holy fuck, they were so good. But if, say, 3 of us were eating them, we would take down about a half gallon of milk with them. His dad made all sorts of awesome shit, they would always wake us up and feed us French toast in the mornings, or cook about 30 hamburgers. Once for Christmas they made a 15 pound turkey and a 15 pound ham for about 10 of us. And then there's the time I tried his legendary, mythical (he never cooks them for guests) ribs. YUM.

Jim Bowie

I like hot wings, but I'm more of a BBQ'd man myself. I get BBQ'd wings and then dip them in Ranch dressing. BBQ wings are probably the best reason to get fat, IMO.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh man... I *LOVE* chicken wings. I swear this was like one of the biggest reasons why I wanted to go to college in Buffalo (UB). But damn, once I actually went to Buffalo and had the wings there (Duff's and The Anchor Bar, the original wing place), I can't eat wings anywhere else, they're just no where near as good. I love them really spicy, except when they get to the point of ridiculousness (Dave's Insanity Sauce). Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty good, I like their discount wing nights... isn't it a Minnesota chain or something? (they have locations all over suburban Buffalo though) God... I need to go back...

LakeEarth

Greenpanda said:
"No, Brian! Those chicken wings are really spicy! Don't eat those!"

I've never seen a man eat so many chicken wings!

One time my friends and I went to a restaurant that had like 6 different kinds of wings, and we ordered the Suicide Wings, and it wasn't so bad except I had a cut on my tongue which made them hurt so bad. Then we found out that they weren't even the worst once. There were deadly wings that were a dollar a wing that were supposed to 'ruin your meal' if you ate them. Next time!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
While I haven't hit Buffalo yet, I'm in Rochester, and these are definitely the best wings I've had.
Damnit, now I'm gonna go buy some. Fuckers made me all hungry.

Pellham

Banned
BWW is great.
I always order the hottest on their menu, but I'm getting old and starting to suffer from the "aftereffect" if you know what I mean, more and more. Really sucks, I wish we could get stomach/intestine implants or something.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
RevenantKioku said:
While I haven't hit Buffalo yet, I'm in Rochester, and these are definitely the best wings I've had.
Damnit, now I'm gonna go buy some. Fuckers made me all hungry.

What's a matter, got sick of garbage plates? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom