• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else miss Meteos from DS?

jigglet

Banned
Lumines went on to get new releases and remasters but this faded into obscurity.

I played some DS games designed for stylus ported to (finger) touch screens and they sucked so I get why some can’t be ported even on phone or Switch. But PC would be such an awesome format for it due to the precise pointer (Switch pointer isn’t good enough for this game imo).

Would anyone else like to see this return?

Last edited:

plip.plop

Hell yeah, that game was so much fun. On one of my deployments, I bought a DS, and the only game the little store AAFES had was Meteos it was very addictive.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
HA HA! I got really good at this game. I would like a version for my phone.
I liked the planet with the high gravity because the blocks fell faster.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
HA HA! I got really good at this game. I would like a version for my phone.
I liked the planet with the high gravity because the blocks fell faster.
The gravity element is what made this game genius. The fact it’s not an ongoing franchise is a travesty.

Bragr

Banned
There is a ton of awesome games on the DS that has been forgotten. Nintendo has a whole ocean of games they could potentially make for a rather small budget.

Deerock71

clint eastwood punk GIF

Well NOW I do!

Vandole

Awesome game. I predicted a hundred times it would show up on the Wii U.... So the lesson here is don't listen to any shit I say.

jigglet

Banned
Yeah, and Meteos War on Xbox Arcade.

Was even better in my opinion.

what the fuck. I didn't even know this existed. How did it play without a touch screen?

I'd love to see a Tetris Effect level of polish and production values applied to a new 4k Meteos. OMG

acidagfc

I miss DS in general :(

I destroyed so many screen protectors playing Osu! games.

EDIT:

Fuck, this just made me order a refurbished 3DS.

Last edited:

Mistake

The music was very unique to the game and fit well. Didn’t you only need one cartridge for multiplayer? It was a gem

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yep, played a ton of that. Probably my most played DS game. Wouldn't really work with fat finger controls though I think, you really need the precision of a stylus.

jigglet

Banned
Yep, played a ton of that. Probably my most played DS game. Wouldn't really work with fat finger controls though I think, you really need the precision of a stylus.
yup it totally wouldn't work with a finger. I think PC would be the best platform.

Top Bottom