• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here watch movies just because they want to stare at hot gals/guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuccoo

I'm kinda into korean movies (mostly the comedies) these days because they know how to capitalize on cute girls. The plot/action/jokes become secondary all of sudden.

Anyone in similar situation?

LakeEarth

Anything with Rachel Leigh Cook in it. And I actually watched 10 minutes worth of the godawful Bullwinkle movie because I have a thing for the chick... but honestly, who names their daughter Piper!?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i sat through a good bit of daredevil on hbo just to look at jennifer garner. now, keep in mind that i'd never really seen jennifer garner before that. she's fascinating to look at. fucking awful movie. but jennifer garner's beautiful.

Of course. DO you think "Honey" made $30 million because of the script?

jessica004.jpg

NO.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I never do that. Too much of a waste of time. If I want to get a boner from looking at a hot actress, I'll hit the internet. Life's too short to waste two hours waiting for your favorite hollywood hottie to let a titty loose for two seconds in some piece of shit movie.

Mugen

Banned
cuccoo said:
I'm kinda into korean movies (mostly the comedies) these days because they know how to capitalize on cute girls. The plot/action/jokes become secondary all of sudden.

Anyone in similar situation?

Just to share... a friend of mine recommended me this korean movie called My Sassy Girl like 2/3 years ago or something. He talks about how the girl is a goddess and all that... you know. I'm not into watching non-Hollywood movies then. But he finally convinced me when he said to imagine it just like watching an anime. I was new to anime then also and I was afraid that I might not understand it as much without a dub. But even then I would be hesitant to watch it.

Then eventually I finally said yes, and surprised me a lot that the movie while has a very cliched plot is also very well executed. It's simple but really well made IMO. The girl that my friend was talking about is preety cute I guess but that's JUST a plus to watching this great movie.

Right now, I have preety open mind when it comes to movies than before. Foreign movies doesn't scare me as much as before as long as it's good (I get read imdb reviews, lol). It doesn't matter whether it's Korean/English/Italian/Indian as long as it's a good movie I'll watch it. And having hot actresses in it is just a plus. :)

Troidal

Not so much with movies, but more for TV shows I guess.

Well, most Japanese cute idols dont show up on movies until their career takes off anyhow...

Miguel

Anything with Eliza Dushku in it. I was watching some movie with her in it. Robert DeNiro was in it too, came out in like 2002, I forget what it's called. Some cop movie.

hobbitx

LakeEarth said:
Anything with Rachel Leigh Cook in it. And I actually watched 10 minutes worth of the godawful Bullwinkle movie because I have a thing for the chick... but honestly, who names their daughter Piper!?

Likewise, I sat through The Highline, Antitrust, and Get Carter just to watch Rachael. God is she the cutest.

Matlock

Banned
Miguel said:
Anything with Eliza Dushku in it. I was watching some movie with her in it. Robert DeNiro was in it too, came out in like 2002, I forget what it's called. Some cop movie.

dushku.gif

XS+

Banned
Miguel said:
City by the Sea.

I am guilty of this.

One that comes to mind is A Few Good Men.

And that movie is great with or without Kevin Bacon and Tom Cruise.

I'm kinda influenced in what I see, depending on who's in it, but I never watch a movie just for an actor. Although if Josh Hartnett's in one, I'll definitely at least think about seeing it more than I would if he weren't in it. Same goes for Paul Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom