• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone know how Dog's life is?

After playing Uoh I'm in the mood for some more random type games. I love dogs and can watch them for hours, its weird I know. This game seems to be right up my alley, and you can take dumps!

Anyone know?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I think the fact that you can take a dump on a police car (as evidenced by the OPM screenshot) makes this an early candidate for Game Of The New Millennium.

Dekajelly

bishoptl said:
I think the fact that you can take a dump on a police car (as evidenced by the OPM screenshot) makes this an early candidate for Game Of The New Millennium.

Not only that but you can pick it up and throw it at people...

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
The fact that you included a disclaimer that you love dogs puts you way into the "really probably should own Dog's Life" category. Judged solely as an adventure game, it can stray into gratingly repetitive territory as you're aimlessly wandering around searching for your 115th elusive bone or 200th 'smell', but from the standpoint of a canine simulator, it's fantastic stuff.

It stops just short of being GTA or Spiderman-2-web-slinging sandbox type fun, but regardless I spent more time than I probably should have running around in circles, tossing rubber balls around just to fetch them myself, jumping into ponds to see if I could land on ducks, and pooping down steep hills.

The IK system Frontier developed and utilized for the dog animations is in itself quite impressive -- have a look at the downloadable pc demo for a taste.

I'd have a hard time giving a glowing recommendation to the mainstream set, but to those that can appreciate charming and loveably flawed games that are doing something a bit different, I will say that it's one of the few games this year that I've been compelled to 100% complete.

And on top of all that, it's totally punk rock:

punkdog.jpg

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Hah, that tech demo on their site was pretty neat. It was impressive how naturally the dogs transistioned between their various animations - not at all jerky or sudden.

White Man

I like my quirky high concept games. For instance, I was all about Cubivore, which this game reminds me of vaguely. I think I might have to give this a try.

From what little one can glean from the forum it's going well for him. He's a dad now, his boyfriend is moving back soon...

Other than that - still up to his same old hijinks, I'm afraid. If he isn't spooning nintendo hate to chronically ill children like a nourishing soup, then he's shoveling poo batteries down the gullets of tragically named retail jockeys like some kind of Captain Smirk on a journey to escrow where no man has emoted before.

He poops uphill (verbally) like a champ.

FoneBone

Mermandala said:
From what little one can glean from the forum it's going well for him. He's a dad now, his boyfriend is moving back soon...

Other than that - still up to his same old hijinks, I'm afraid. If he isn't spooning nintendo hate to chronically ill children like a nourishing soup, then he's shoveling poo batteries down the gullets of tragically named retail jockeys like some kind of Captain Smirk on a journey to escrow where no man has emoted before.

He poops uphill (verbally) like a champ.
Wrong thread?

Doug's life, Dog's life - yeah I'm pretty pathetic.

Hey though, this game isn't. I lurve it. If your on the fence, jump down and buy it.
It's only the price of a good sit-down meal so have a sandwich and sniff some tail.

Top Bottom