• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone on GAF ever deal with chronic nosebleeds? What was your remedy?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My whole life I've never dealt with nosebleeds until recently. Up until the past year I virtually never got them, even when getting hit in the face/nose.

But about a year ago I got a really nasty cold where I was blowing my nose constantly and a bunch of scabs formed in my nose and since then I've been dealing with recurring nosebleeds and recurring scabs. What usually happens is the scabs eventually heal and fall out and I think my nose is healed and then a couple days later I'll sneeze or something and it'll start absolutely gushing blood. I went to an ENT and I don't know what's up with my area doctors offices, but every time I go they just pawn me off to a team of residents in training now, so when I went I couldn't even see my usual ENT, I saw the residents and they stuck a scope up there and said nothing alarming, just spray it with saline spray when it feels dry. Which has done absolutely jack shit.

I look in a hand mirror and I can see the inner walls of each nostril looks inflamed and scarred. Not sure if it's scarring, there's like like white dots in there. Not sure if it has just never healed properly from all the scabs a year ago, but anyway it's annoying. A couple months ago I woke up in the middle of the night and my bed sheets had blood all over them because my nose just decided to start gushing for no reason in the middle of my sleep.

I have an appointment with another ENT, but the wait times are long, so it'll be a bit. Since I don't consider this a "real serious medical issue" I figured I'd see if anyone on GAF dealt with chronic nosebleeds and how you were able to treat them.

bitbydeath

I used to when I was really young. Would constantly get them for no reason. I’m not exactly sure on the connection but it stopped when I got my tonsils taken out.

Edit: I should mention I didn’t have the scabs issue though. Just the cool party trick of getting constant nose bleeds for no reason.

Last edited:

Mistake

Gold Member
I used to when I was really young. Would constantly get them for no reason. I’m not exactly sure on the connection but it stopped when I got my tonsils taken out.
If they were enlarged and making issues with your breathing, I bet you snored like a demon and irritated the hell out of things.

I don't usually get nosebleeds, only if it's super dry for too long maybe. OP, sounds like you're never giving it a proper chance to heal. The nose is sensitive and can take over a week or so before it feels better. If the injury is in your sinuses like polyps or something, that will be even more difficult

Last edited:

Nonehxc

O5bA3O8.gif

Jk OP. They'll probably end up cauterizing the obnoxious capillaries that opens time and again.

So prepare for the absurd pain of having a match stuck up your sniffo. 😤🔥

Nah, it doesn't hurt at all. You'll feel a bit of burning sensation, a lot of burnt pig 🐖 smell of your nosehairs and be a bit sore for a day.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
lot of good fats from nuts and seeds (flax/chia) mixed in with some greens to produce more oily skin and not have dry skin that can break easily and also produce more collagen [collagen powder, legumes with vitamin c and something with copper (chocolate/mushrooms/cashews/nuts)] to make stronger skin

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I did as an kid more but also as an adult. I would get them from washing my face and pressing down on my upper nose area. In the winter when the air was dryer I'd get them almost daily. I finally got them to stop by not messing with my nose at all besides when I need to blow it, and I got a lot more healthy so my blood pressure isn't as bad. How is your blood pressure?

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Yeah as a kid, and sometimes as a grown up, but it was always when I went on a mental super session of picking my nose.

I did as a kid quite frequently. That and fevers.

Then one day they just stopped. I rarely get them now. It has been years.

Was always told to look up and squeeze my nose.

It was annoying cause i went through so many Kleenexes as a kid. (And ex's but that's another story)

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Sounds like your septum never healed and is still irritated which is causing your vessels to tear/bleed. You can gently apply some Vaseline with a q tip to your septum to keep it moist so it can heal

If you have are in hot , low humidity climate, get an air humidifier. The dry air will cause your membranes to dry and crack

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Sounds like your septum never healed and is still irritated which is causing your vessels to tear/bleed. You can gently apply some Vaseline with a q tip to your septum to keep it moist so it can heal

If you have are in hot , low humidity climate, get an air humidifier. The dry air will cause your membranes to dry and crack

looks like we got a doctor over here.

Doctor Surgery GIF

Top Bottom