• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone upgrading/buying the Lego Harry Potter Collection upgrade on 8th October?

cormack12

Gold Member
Additionally, Warner Bros. Games, TT Games and the LEGO Group announced LEGO Harry Potter Collection is launching digitally on Oct. 8 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Steam). This remastered compilation brings together LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 along with two previously released downloadable content (DLC) packs in one fantastical package.

>> Players who already own the PS4™ digital version of LEGO Harry Potter Collection can get the PS5™ digital version for a discounted price.
>> Players who already own the Xbox One digital version of LEGO Harry Potter Collection can get the Xbox Series X|S digital version for a discounted price.
>> Players who already own the LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 OR LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for Steam can get the LEGO Harry Potter Collection for a discounted price.
>> Players who own both the LEGO Harry Potter Years: 1-4 AND LEGO Harry Potter Years: 5-7 for Steam can get the LEGO Harry Potter Collection for an additional discounted price.

LEGO Harry Potter Collection also includes two previously released DLC packs, including a Character Pack featuring Godric Gryffindor, Harry (Yule Ball), Helga Hufflepuff, Lockhart (Straightjacket), Luna (Lion Head), Peeves, Hermione (Pink Dress), Ron Weasley (Ghoul), Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin, as well as a Spell Pack featuring Cantis, Densaugeo, Ducklifors, Melofors, and Tentaclifors.

TimFL

I'd love to be a fly in the room of the execs who thought this is a great idea. The way I see it, this has literally nothing changed from the PS4 remaster.
Wish they would've gone the extra mile and at least combined both games into one.

I wonder if we ever see the rumored Skywalker treatment for the Harry Potter franchise?

Quasicat

I might, but just depends on what that discounted price will be. It still plays really well on my Series X, and with internal storage being at a premium right now on that system, I’d rather just play the Xbox One version off of my external hard drive.

cormack12

Gold Member
I might, but just depends on what that discounted price will be. It still plays really well on my Series X, and with internal storage being at a premium right now on that system, I’d rather just play the Xbox One version off of my external hard drive.
Smiths has it for £28 retail

So maybe £15, but hopefully £10?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does the remaster include voice-overs? It was jarring going back to this one a few years ago and just having them gesticulate everything.

keefged4

I might, I have them on steam so depends on what the "graphical updates" are, if its just 4k for the console peasants then there's absolutely no point in "upgrading" the PC version

I played these with my kids, at staggered times as they got into Harry Potter years apart. So, I have fond memories of that, but they were buggy, so I hope that's been fixed.

- Years 1-4 had issues with audio, controllers would often bomb out requiring a restart of sorts, and generally had a low texture look to it.
- Years 5-7 had some wild memory/CPU spikes and also had a kind of dark lighting model to it. It did have a much higher texture set in use.

Played both on PC. A re-release that fixes a bunch of bugs would be welcome.

Quasicat

I might, I have them on steam so depends on what the "graphical updates" are, if its just 4k for the console peasants then there's absolutely no point in "upgrading" the PC version
I Want More GIF

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Out now. $40.

-25% per original game you own. So $30 if you own one, $20 if you own both. Still honestly pretty steep.

Last edited:

Allandor

Do I see this correct, they want me to pay another 20€ (discounted price) for the series x upgrade that only includes the a few dlc characters?
The game came late to xb1 (Sony had a deal, also was the only not compatible x360 lego game because of this deal) so it should already be xb1x updated. So resolution should already be about 4k and they didn't change anything else as far as I can say. Did they change something in this "new" collection?

Last edited:
This is little more than a cash grab to sell the game on the new consoles which can already play the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the previous remaster via backward compatibility anyway! This could easily have just been a next-gen patch for the last-gen games in my view, and offered as a £5 or £10 "upgrade".

Having tried the PC version and compared it to the original on Steam, the only real improvements I can see is a crisper looking UI and text (as well as clearer text on the loading screens) and a slight improvement to the lighting and textures, but the difference is not that huge in my opinion. The game looks 98% the same and still has the same crude edge-based anti-aliasing that is worse even than FXAA. The game also still shows keyboard prompts, such as press F2 for a second player, while playing even though I am using an Xbox Elite V2 controller, although the rest of the controls and icons displayed are correct.

The game has FEWER graphics options on PC, is locked to 60 Hz and has no support for DLAA, DLSS, FSR or XeSS. Also, in switching from DX9 to DX12 the game now has noticeable stuttering that appears to be shader related as it only happens once and does not appear on a second playthrough which you can see while watching the the TT intro during loading and the cinematic that plays on the main menu for Years 1-4.

Yes, this is a remaster but it's a barebones effort, clearly targeted at the consoles rather than PC.

Last edited:
If you're going to "remaster" your game and charge a lot even for people that own it already ....at least do something tgat significantly improves it you greedy cuck bastards!

Sony been doin this too all gen, albeit only chargin $10 upgrade, but the actual improvements to graphics have been pathetic. Remaster used to mean something!

I swear this industry has become greedy, stingy, and lazy. Look at Sony too charging $800 for the Pro and not even updating all their own games! The games they are updating are adding pssr to performance modes lol ...not even to Fidelity mode in most cases ..wtf

Famipan

I actually bought the PS4 version some month ago along with another LEGO game only because they are 60fps on PS5. Since I prefer DS4 over DualSense I won’t bother getting the PS5 version unless it is 4K 120fps

Last edited:

nikos

I'll probably grab it on sale at some point, even though it's technically on "sale" already. You can get the first two games on PC for less than $2 each, then presumably upgrade for $20. Too much to play at the moment though.

I was reading that they increased the upgrade cost from $10 to $20 just before release. $10 would have been an easy sale.

Top Bottom