• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ape Escape (PSP) screen

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Nope.

Pics?
Prepare yourself...

ren-goku-the-tower-of-purgatory-20040928015625241.jpg
ren-goku-the-tower-of-purgatory-20040713075213187.jpg

...looks like a low budget N64 game. :/

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It ain't pretty, but it is starting to at least look a little interesting on the gameplay front, based on the videos released around TGS, IMO.

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Though, I think it would look great for an N64 game...
Great for a mid-level Acclaim/Midway/Konami N64 game maybe. :p

Polycounts and texturing look on par with most of their N64 stuff actually (Forsaken, Castlevania, etc)... but it doesn't approach later gen 1st party games generally, or high budget 3rd party stuff like Rayman 2 or Turok 2-3.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
Great for a mid-level Acclaim/Midway/Konami N64 game maybe. :p

Polycounts and texturing look on par with most of their N64 stuff actually (Forsaken, Castlevania, etc)... but it doesn't approach later gen 1st party games generally, or high budget 3rd party stuff like Rayman 2 or Turok 2-3.

Yeah, it looks great for a common 3rd party game...

Still pretty damn awful. Who the f*ck thought it would be a good idea to make something like THAT?!

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Yeah, it looks great for a common 3rd party game...

Still pretty damn awful. Who the f*ck thought it would be a good idea to make something like THAT?!
Hudson evidently... in a way it reminds of From Soft's early PS1/PS2 throwaway dungeon hacks. It's a confirmed JP lauch title also btw.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
AtomicShroom said:
Nice! It looks like it has a PS1-like polycount, but with texture filtering. Still looks impressive for a handheld.

Get used to this quote, because I have a feeling that this is exactly how we're going to feel about most PSP games (for the near future at least).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doom_Bringer said:
is that the racing game? I think it looks average.

Yeah, it has nothing on RR-PSP...

924640_20040925_screen001.jpg

shutokou_screen019.jpg

Looks kinda like the DC game. That screen is too bright, though...

Soul4ger

Looking at that image you posted, dark, it seems like there's going to be some nasty track draw-in. I didn't look closely. I don't think it looks as good as RR, never said I did, but I still think it looks pretty good. Really good, for a portable racer.

Top Bottom