• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar Tonelico Qoga |OT| - Singing the Song that Ends the World

Cheska

Rarutos said:
Yep, there are 4 phases. I didn't find any of the phases to be particularly longer than the other, except maybe 4 if you drag it out with Cosmospheres and stuff. (I Platinum'd the game twice, I should know!)

Oh wow. I assumed only two since there's only a trophy for beating phase one and phase two :/ Thanks so much for that info!

Rarutos

Cheska said:
Oh wow. I assumed only two since there's only a trophy for beating phase one and phase two :/ Thanks so much for that info!
No problem!

Basically, Normal Ending trophies are for Phase 3, and True Ending trophies are for Phase 4, which is probably why they didn't get individual PHASE BEAT trophies methinks. (Although I do think 3 should have gotten one at least...)

Rarutos

Cheska said:
The game has frozen on me like three times. Rage mode gauge filling up.
It's frozen on me a few of times too... Once in the Governorate, another going up to the Kuu and one right before
fighting Harvey for one of the Normal endings

Never froze on me when I was playing the Japanese version though, oddly enough.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
luka said:
Clusternia Governorate claims another victim.

LOL, once you go to it like 3 times it becomes second nature.

I can draw the freaking thing from memory and I haven't touched the game in quite a while.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Rarutos said:
It's frozen on me a few of times too... Once in the Governorate, another going up to the Kuu and one right before
fighting Harvey for one of the Normal endings

Never froze on me when I was playing the Japanese version though, oddly enough.
I remember it freezing once on me during one of my 4 or 5 playthroughs of the Japanese version. Nothing major.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Cheska said:
The game has frozen on me like three times. Rage mode gauge filling up.

Odd, Ar Tonleico 3 was probably THE only major NISA release of a Gust game that I didn't have any freezing or crashing problems.

Cheska

This is probably because I havent played either of the earlier installments, but Ar Tonelico 3 is literally the most suggestive game I've ever played. I had to close my window because I didn't want my neighbors to get the wrong impression lol.

Cheska

OH MY FUCKING GOD. Game froze on me during the last boss battle.

On the verge of breaking this disc in half.

Cheska said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD. Game froze on me during the last boss battle.

On the verge of breaking this disc in half.

The last boss and the length it took me to complete it is a factor of why Ive not been compelled to play it again. So time intensive.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
It's funny because usually games get less buggy when they are localized several months later.

Oh, NISA.

Cheska

Dedication Through Light said:
The last boss and the length it took me to complete it is a factor of why Ive not been compelled to play it again. So time intensive.

Exactly why I was so mad. After retrying again, I finally beat the boss, but it's still incredibly frustrating to have had to go through it another time because of an internal issue.

Gvaz

Banned
Do I need to play the older Ar Tonelico games to understand this one? Is this the ps3 rpg everyone suggests?

Coxy

Gvaz said:
Do I need to play the older Ar Tonelico games to understand this one? Is this the ps3 rpg everyone suggests?

It adds a lot to the experience to be sure, there's no real reason not to play the first 2 first, you'll be glad you did. This is my joint top PS3 rpg with Valkyria Chronicles so yeah, I'd say it's a must have

Yuripaw

Banned
Coxy said:
It adds a lot to the experience to be sure, there's no real reason not to play the first 2 first, you'll be glad you did. This is my joint top PS3 rpg with Valkyria Chronicles so yeah, I'd say it's a must have
Well I can think of a reason to not play the first two...simple fact that they're actually kinda hard to find.

The reason I bring this thread up again though was I got the SE of this fairly cheap from a second hand store in town in good shape, so I decided to pick it up cuz it does seem to be one of those hard to find games.

I never played the first two myself, does this game at least stand well enough on it's own that it's playable and coherent without playing the first two? If I could find the first two easily enough I'd get them, but no idea when I'd find em.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Coxy said:
videogamesplus.ca has both of them still in stock, not too pricey either :)

Nice, do they ship to the US? I never picked up a copy of the game and the only place I've seen CEs they have been $100+.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hcoregamer00 said:
LOL, once you go to it like 3 times it becomes second nature.

I can draw the freaking thing from memory and I haven't touched the game in quite a while.

Same here. Weird. Ah well. Oh actually wait, it did freeze up, but that was my refurbished PS3 suffering from YLOD. No count. :p

Coxy

djtiesto said:
Nice, do they ship to the US? I never picked up a copy of the game and the only place I've seen CEs they have been $100+.

yeah they ship worldwide, I use them all the time =)

Top Bottom