• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH GOD @ the Spook line...

10/10 for the situation it occurred in.

Lana taken out by an elbow, really?

It was either the AV Club or Slate that talked about Malory doing side business with crooks and how Isis, which is incredibly low staffed these days, isn't the well-meaning entity that everyone thinks they're supposed to be.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
The eps are being aired out of order - at least to some degree.

There was a reference in a previous episode (I believe it was in "Once Bitten") to Bilbo being dead.

Another joke in an earlier episode sort of ruined as well by the episodes being out of order. When Lana was looking in the air vents she makes a comment about there really being nerve gas, which should have been setup by Mallory's comment in this episode.

Also one of my favorite minor moments this week was at the end in the flashback when Mercedes and Chewy are looking at Archer from the truck and you seem him stacking rocks.

Gifs!

iQ976rQMwug0u.gif

i3Q1kQvllyR7l.gif

Marginally NSFW Pam at the milk farm gif

iboBSCpkhtHENB.gif

ibwiHxTxayCEX4.gif

ikP24m5nUZqxG.gif

ib15zR855OGr1v.gif

igBUKbconWG1v.gif

iszRELWTNVWbk.gif

Demon Ice

Banned

Oh man. I absolutely died at this part. That and "So what, I'm spooning a Barrett .50 cal" had me rolling. And Archer's reaction to Lana accusing him of being autistic.

"How is a Lorax-blowing tree hugger like you anti-immigration?!"

Best episode this season, easily.

BigAT

Another joke in an earlier episode sort of ruined as well by the episodes being out of order. When Lana was looking in the air vents she makes a comment about there really being nerve gas, which should have been setup by Mallory's comment in this episode.

Also one of my favorite minor moments this week was at the end in the flashback when Mercedes and Chewy are looking at Archer from the truck and you seem him stacking rocks.

Great callback joke, I didn't even notice that when I watched it. This show is so dense with jokes sometimes it's exhausting.

systematic

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a reason the episode was shuffled up?

According to executive producer Matt Thompson:

“Coyote Lovely” was actually the first episode we did for the season. Adam wrote it while he was taking a break from writing the Bob’s Burger crossover episode. It was designed sort of as a bottle episode, so hopefully if something happened to one of the characters later on, this wouldn’t hurt us down the road. And in fact there is one thing in there that winds up hurting us continuity-wise, but I’m not telling what it is.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/03/this-weeks-obscure-archer-references-with-matt-thompson.html

Earlier in the episode when Lana called him autistic, Archer makes a sarcastic comment about how he is busy stacking rocks in order of descending size.

Just earlier that episode when Lana said Archer was probably autistic, and then he sarcastically said he was too busy stacking rocks by their sizes to shoot the oncoming truck.

Edit: Beaten like Cyril

Oh! Fucking duh!!

This is like this week's Justified when I was like "Wait, who's this Hunter everyone's talking about?"

Demon Ice

Banned

This show has been on a serious roll for a while now, Once Bitten, Live and Let Dine, and now this week's episode have all been phenomenally good.

And I love that they keep bringing back gag about how Archer's the only one that keeps track of how many bullets have been fired. And then the "Shit...maybe I AM autistic."

I think these have already been explained and discussed here:

- This Week’s Obscure Archer References Decoded: FX Friends and DOM Rock
Continuing our ongoing Archer series, executive producer Matt Thompson gives Vulture the low-down on each episode’s origin stories and obscure references. In last night’s installment, “Coyote Lovely,” Archer goes to the border to track down a notorious coyote. Here, Thompson tells us all about recruiting more of his FX friends to do voice work and the hidden hat-tip to Fandango.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just watched it so good. The whole autistic was so good. Then seeing him later on counting the rocks. Classic Archer.

Demon Ice

Banned
I know what it should be...

...MULATTO BUTTS!!

I'm so sad that's not his ringtone anymore. Though I guess there's some humor in him having his mother's ringtone programmed to be the Imperial March.

holy fuck, this didn't even occur to me for some reason. fuuuuck.

I bet that's their mini-continuity screw-up!

Yeah, they mentioned the network had aired the episodes out of order. This week's was actually supposed to be the 2nd episode of the season, I believe.

Mazre

I'm probably reaching a bit here... but the first shot when Lana starts narrating at the start of the episode is of a scorpion that moves and animates a lot like the one that Murphy befriends in the Sealab episode when he's trapped under the soda machine.

Sadsic

I'm probably reaching a bit here... but the first shot when Lana starts narrating at the start of the episode is of a scorpion that moves and animates a lot like the one that Murphy befriends in the Sealab episode when he's trapped under the soda machine.

theres a frisky dingo episode that has a scene like this too (scorpion in a desert) so i think its intentional

I just got the email from Netflix that Season 3 is now available for streaming. Heart of Archness! Space Race! The Limited! Lo Scandalo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom