• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Does anyone think there's gonna be small world style reveal and Lana's baby is gonna be someone at the firm or someone they know? Young archer doesn't seem like he would be above going to a spermbank, Cyril has a known sex addiction and I could see him getting his rocks off to get more money, and there's outside sources like Conway and Barry who would do something like that.
Krieger would be hilarious.

Does anyone think there's gonna be small world style reveal and Lana's baby is gonna be someone at the firm or someone they know? Young archer doesn't seem like he would be above going to a spermbank, Cyril has a known sex addiction and I could see him getting his rocks off to get more money, and there's outside sources like Conway and Barry who would do something like that.

Guess: Barry (from before he was bionic), who then kidnaps the baby because it's his only reasonable chance at having a kid. Lana goes on a rampage of her own, but Archer ends up being the one that recovers the baby despite his fears that it is a robot.

Shaneus

Agreed. The Archer/Ray/Cyril stuff was pretty good. Everything with Pam wasn't.
Yup. It's just annoying and childish now, but not childish in a good way. Almost makes you wonder if there could be some payoff that'll make it all worth it.

I doubt it, but maybe that's the case. What other explanation could there be?

Hate to trash on the show because the previous four season were amazing., but it's losing my interest badly. Feels like half the show is Pam cocaine jokes and comments about how pregnant Lana is. Show still has tons of potential, but I think Adam Reed is better served creating something new and insane.

Shaneus

The revenge of Brett would be fucking hilarious
I... would actually believe that. He was out of the picture enough that Lana probably had sympathy sex with him one of the times he was shot.

Or possibly a Kreiger experiment gone wrong, and it's just some kind of weird android thing or something?

Red

The pregnancy is supposed to mirror Malory's. Malory does not know who Archer's father is; Lana does not know who her child's father is. If they let us in on who, they destroy the analogy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The pregnancy is supposed to mirror Malory's. Malory does not know who Archer's father is; Lana does not know who her child's father is. If they let us in on who, they destroy the analogy.

Except there was actual speculation on who archers father is among a few men associated with malory. Being from a sperm bank removes that who's the father aspect because it stretches far beyond the potential pool. If we come to find out that a few characters meet the sample profile, then sure.

Red

Except there was actual speculation on who archers father is among a few men associated with malory. Being from a sperm bank removes that who's the father aspect because it stretches far beyond the potential pool. If we come to find out that a few characters meet the sample profile, then sure.
Sure, but the pool of possibles for Archer has expanded as the series continued, and now includes characters who've barely been mentioned.

Zeroth

Finally all caught up on Archer after starting it some weeks ago. All I can say is: I think it's interesting how the first episode is not a reflection of the rest of the season, or the series as a whole. Pam and Cheryl are perfectly normal people, and Archer's relationship with his Mom was far more.... full of incest subtext compared to how their relationship really is. I'm somewhat afraid of showing it to people who may be interested on the series now because it is not really a good reflection of what Archer is.

That said, I liked how the series evolved with time, and although I'm not feeling this season matches the previous ones, there are some highlights. I loved Pam when she was her old character, and her new coke thing feels like it's ruining her (literally and figuratively). Cheryl has also become more... insufferable outside of some moments of brilliance (That is also an interesting aspect: How stupid Cheryl became, though I feel she's slightly smarter now than she was some seasons ago). I would like to see more of Krieger and his virtual girlfriend (she might be one of my favorite minor characters simply on the basis of the jokes that come up just by her presence), but if we get more development on interesting dynamics (like this week's Archer-Cyril-Ray) I'm fine with it. I think there's plenty to come, so here's hoping things will only get better.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Catching up on S4 on Netflix. Goddamn my favorite gags continue to be Archer's oddly specific knowledge of literature and other subjects.

Okay that or things the old gypsy woman said

everyone asked for more Pam last season.

careful what you wish for.

I asked for more Pam, not Coke-Pam. Different personalities and behaviors.

Her recent developments on S4 showed so much promise. More so as a field agent. The pope episode was such a fantastic resume for her possibility.

Yet, Coke-Pam happened.

Red

I asked for more Pam, not Coke-Pam. Different personalities and behaviors.

Her recent developments on S4 showed so much promise. More so as a field agent. The pope episode was such a fantastic resume for her possibility.

Yet, Coke-Pam happened.

Papal Chase has one of the best openers for the show, but it falls apart as it goes ("I killed the pope" is a great scene though). That's not all Pam's fault, but something about the pace between Pam-Archer combos is always off (outside of their season 3 tryst). I ended up disliking the episode overall.

Her career as field agent hasn't lived up to her pleading to Malory in Un Chien Tangerine. Incorporating her into missions had promise, but she's been approaching Cheryl levels of inanity more and more.

Rewatching the last few episodes of Season 4, I'm going to say that Lana's baby really is Archer's from them banging in Morocco during "Un Chien Tangerine."

Odoul

I haven't watched an episode since the premier. How much longer until the finale?

I'm just gonna collect them on the DVR and watch them in one weekend.

As for the baby wasn't there something in the first season where Lana said Gilette and her would make beautiful babies?

I'm guessing it's gonna be his.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just caught up with the Season, its pretty great so far. It caught me off guard but I'm definitely with them on this journey. In the first few episodes Pam's coke/food habit was completely unfunny and annoying but other than that its been spot on. I also realized I hadn't seen S4 which I'm now watching on Netflix and thats great too. Its really fun and awesome watching two different versions of Archer that are both new to me at the same time.

Grisby

Ok, that was definitely one of the best episodes of the series.

Croc attack was vicious and Ray being able to walk was great.
I love it when Archer gets all sanctimonious in high pressure situations like demanding an apology here.
I just love his crazy excitement over all of the action stuff. "Woo! Cannonball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom