• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Wow, I'm surprised they aired that sex scene. The tranq gun was a good gag.

Add me to the group that was pretty surprised at the sex scene

Yeah the sex scene was more "graphic" than things they have done in the past. It was kind of surpising

Tranq gun really was a good gag this episode. I was waiting for it run out of ammo for a while. Also thought the "auditory erections" were a pretty good gag as well.

Link

The Autumn Wind
"It's like the danger makes it that much hotter."

"Yeah... yeah... that. Plus your dick."

I was also a little surprised at how graphic that sex scene was. It is basic cable after all. Mad Men couldn't get away with showing something like that with two live people. Loved the "getting hard" sound.

Zubz

Banned
Wow... I can't believe they went that far; I guess maybe they got off easy because it was animated, but still.

Also, with Ray's crazed reaction... Maybe him being a cyborg-who's-
getting-an-upgrade
is going to be a major part of the next episode? It's something they can do off-camera, but they made a big deal of it, and we know
Katya's back next week, too.

vypek

Wow... I can't believe they went that far; I guess maybe they got off easy because it was animated, but still.

Also, with Ray's crazed reaction... Maybe him being a cyborg-who's-
getting-an-upgrade
is going to be a major part of the next episode? It's something they can do off-camera, but they made a big deal of it, and we know
Katya's back next week, too.

It could be done the same way they did it with
Conway Stern's replacement hand in a cut-away

This is from last week's, but Lana's mother's name being Claudette meant nothing to me until I discovered she was voiced by CCH Pounder. I didn't realize it until I saw the repeat after tonight's episode.

kirblar

Last two eps have been much better.

The stock "case of the week with a b-plot for the office gang" stuff just doesn't have anywhere interesting to mine at this point, the non-standard eps have been the standouts this season.

- Onion A|V Club review
Stray observations:

- Pretty excited about this new runner of just hearing a dude’s pants tighten as he gets an erection, even if it’s going to make me about 24% more aware/wary of my surroundings at all times.
- Another week, another devastating lack of Malory. At this point I have to assume Jessica Walter had a scheduling issue, which is fair, but again: devastating.
-Love ya, Archer, but “Lana Cougar Mellencamp” is weak and you know it.
- Ray, on his new nemesis Audrey Jr.: “easy, boy…or girl…or however you self-identify…”
- Archer to the tranquilizer gun, probably because Babou was nowhere to be found: “Oh yes. You just became my new favorite thing.”
- “Well slapped, sir.”

- Warming Glow: The Best Moments And Most Repeatable Lines From This Week’s Tranquilizing ‘Archer’

w9B4A64.gif

TssgOS6.gif

(Yes, they gif'd that scene, but you'll likely take a ban if you post in on GAF...)

Jackpot

Banned
We should talk about what a great addition Slater is to the team. He's a badass spy but in a different way from Archer and gives a new authority figure to have conflicts with.

We should talk about what a great addition Slater is to the team. He's a badass spy but in a different way from Archer and gives a new authority figure to have conflicts with.
I agree, though it has been at the expense of Malory to some extent. He's fun to have around, but I'd like more Jessica Walter if possible.

I was also a little surprised at how graphic that sex scene was. It is basic cable after all. Mad Men couldn't get away with showing something like that with two live people. Loved the "getting hard" sound.

Yeah, in one episode of Black Dynamite the one where the whores go to Jamaica for vacation, they forgot to censor one of Honeybee's nips

great episode! the tranquilizer gun sure is useful. poor Ray though, keeps getting injured from all the field work lol, hope he gets a new hand soon. but if that happenes that means Ray would be the only one Archer can go to for help if Berry comes after him again. maybe he'll finially get some respect from Archer if so thou.

I do kinda wish Archer had "finished his master piece" and bang the queen somehow lol wonder if screwing up this mission would have any long term consequences later on...

and hot damn that sex scene!
I can hear myself having a hard on!
lol

I agree, though it has been at the expense of Malory to some extent. He's fun to have around, but I'd like more Jessica Walter if possible.

agree, I wish they'll do more with Malory. she's been doing nothing but headquarter scene. I miss those episodes where she tag along to the mission to oversee or because of personal interes... wait is she still married to what's his name with the Cadillac dealership?

So Ray is totally going to be all cyborg before the show ends, right? I feel like they are playing the slow game and the final scene of the final episode will be Archer getting into the lift with Cyborg Ray and screaming...

And the sex scene was hilarious...

vypek

agree, I wish they'll do more with Malory. she's been doing nothing but headquarter scene. I miss those episodes where she tag along to the mission to oversee or because of personal interes... wait is she still married to what's his name with the Cadillac dealership?

I miss those episodes too. We've had an airship and train where she tags along so I'd love to see more. The guy was Ron I think. Holds the name of the voice actor who is her actual husband. I believe they are still married or working it out.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
great episode, i rewound that punch three times, animation so good

Savitar

Seems Archer was right some time ago. Krieger will make a gay terminator. Definitely good episode, it had that Archer feel to it. Wonder if Slater might become a full part of the show eventually ala Krieger did. Any one notice the show if it has sex seems to enjoy it from the rear position. Seems like a constant thing throughout the seasons.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Poor Ray. "Backdoorothy" was hilarious, and I liked the tranquilizer gun gag. Good episode. I think at this point I prefer the episodes where everyone is involved in the same plot.

Hamlet

Great episode and put in the group that was surprised at just how explict that sex scene was ha. Poor Ray with his hand, not too long till now he's a full blown cyborg. The Tranq gun also never stopped being funny.

Red

Was the sex scene that graphic? It wasn't any more explicit than the Archer and Lana flashback in season 1.

Bladenic

People considered that graphic?? Did I miss something? Seemed par the course if not even more tame than stuff shown above.

I too am missing Malory. And no Babou this episode :(

So Ray is totally going to be all cyborg before the show ends, right? I feel like they are playing the slow game and the final scene of the final episode will be Archer getting into the lift with Cyborg Ray and screaming...

And the sex scene was hilarious...
The gay Terminator is coming.

vypek

People considered that graphic?? Did I miss something? Seemed par the course if not even more tame than stuff shown above.

I too am missing Malory. And no Babou this episode :(

Hm, I thought it was relatively graphic compared to the previous sex scenes. The show hasn't been shy about the actual nudity though. I think previous scenes were slightly more obscured than this one.

arumisan

The sex scene in this episode surprised me a bit - not because of the nudity but I think the attention to the er... bouncing kind of added to the "graphic" nature of the scene.

Still, a great episode!

mm04

I thought the funniest moment was when Pam said "I'll see you both later" as she took the phone pic. It took me a second to realize she meant she was going to masturbate to the pic of them and I blurted out laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom