• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARGH. Anyone else having trouble opening threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

In firefox (only here at work, home this almost never happens) some threads today just freeze the browser. If I leave it alone for like 5 minutes eventually the page will load and the browser unfreezes.

I open the same threads in IE, and the page freezes after a couple of posts and again the browser won't respond for a few minutes.

Today it seems that most of the bigger threads are like this, and the only thing I can think of is how my profile space here at work is messed up so I have to have very small caches for my browsers, but how can that hurt anything?

One example is slick's "Anyone besides me see a real deal terrorist event happening in Athens?" thread. If I click it in Firefox, the whole page freezes. If I open it in IE, the first couple of posts show up (Belfasts is the last) and then it stops dead. If I leave it a few minutes another few posts will render (again Belfasts is the last new post) and it freezes again.

Is this happening to anyone else??? God it's annoying. :|

Isn't it counter effective to get a response about not loading threads...in a thread?

My only guess is it has to do with the avatars or something...

yoshifumi

Banned
this happened to me for a little bit for some reason, but then it went away on its own. i don't know if it's the exact same problem or anything and i don't know what fixed it, so i guess i'm not of much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom