• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow and The Flash will cross over once a year! open to a crossover with Supergirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

The CW is already looking to expand its Arrow/The Flash universe, with a third potential series in development. The network, it seems, is taking a good thing and running with it. CW President Mark Pedowitz is even open to a crossover with CBS' upcoming Supergirl series if Arrow/The Flash producer Greg Berlanti - who is also behind the CBS series - can "figure out a way to make it work."

In press tour he told reporters that he foresees limiting any future Flash/Arrow crossovers to an annual event, "in the vein of a Doctor Who Christmas special."

Supergirl Casting And Flash/Arrow Crossover Potential

IGN's Eric Goldman had the chance to speak with Berlanti with a small group of reporters to clarify the producer's plans to unite the two series. When asked if -- in addition to the massive yearly crossovers events -- we may see more single character crossovers, such as Felicity and The Clock King have already done on The Flash this season, the producer replied, "Yes, we’ll do that."

Adding, "We’ll do that a bunch in the back half [of this season]. That’s also the exciting thing. We do it with writers, we do it with the casting people, we do it with stunts, sometimes we do it with visual effects houses. That’s the benefit of it in a lot of ways too. It’s really fun too for some of the writers to be like, ‘Oh, I’m going to go write on Flash this week!’ or vice versa. All of that always enlivens and makes things better because you get new perspective all the time so we’re going to do that with the characters as well."

As to which characters may cross over next, Berlanti quipped, "We’re just starting to book them so I can’t say or else they can drive their price up!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

tumblr_ng1amrjApz1tgcum7o1_400-1417703172.gif

marrec

Banned
The two crossover episodes are the most fun I've had with a TV show(s) in quite some time. This is very good news.

Fireblend

Banned
The crossover episodes were super good. I can see myself looking forward to them if they turn them into some anual event. The Doctor Who specials analogy makes it sound perfect.

They say there are "very early talks" and a "very general idea" of a TV series based on Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer character and his superhero alter ego The Atom from the current third season of "Arrow". Should it go ahead, it would share the same on screen universe as "The Flash" and "Arrow".

The Atom is essentially the DC equivalent of "Ant-Man," a character with a suit that allows him to shrink and expand himself - in the Atom's case he can do the same to other objects too.

CW President Mark Pedowitz admits it's still only early talk and advises caution: "Could there be another hour in that universe? Possibly. As long as there’s no audience fatigue."

Sounds pretty boring to me.

I'm hoping they allow their villains and supporting characters to cross over pretty much constantly even if the heroes don't overlap so much. Gimme some Project Cadmus plz.

Malvingt2

Sounds pretty boring to me.
I think Atom could work plus gives Felicity more freedom to move around the Arrowverse.

I'm hoping they allow their villains and supporting characters to cross over pretty much constantly even if the heroes don't overlap so much. Gimme some Project Cadmus plz.
I agree.

I haven't gotten into Gotham simply because a show set in Gotham City that doesn't involve Batman doesn't appeal to me.
that too.

Penguin

I wonder if they will continue to crossover like now where it was the same week or we could see like Ep 8 for the Flash then ep 15 for Arrow or something.

Oregano

I think Atom could work plus gives Felicity more freedom to move around the Arrowverse.

I agree.

that too.

Maybe Felicity can stop being the super hero communities bike at some point and stop dragging the shows down. Seriously she's the worst character this season.

Ollie's going to be the left one out when it comes to Kara and Barry. What can he realistically bring to the table if shit goes down between the two or there's a super meta to tackle?

ReiGun

Ollie's going to be the left one out when it comes to Kara and Barry. What can he realistically bring to the table if shit goes down between the two or there's a super meta to tackle?
Something something prep time something something experience something something.

You know how it is. They always find a way for the street heroes to keep up even though they shouldn't.

Future

Don't they already deal with this with characters like batman and green arrow in the comics and cartoons. No physical feats of strength to win. Prep time. Fancy arrow tips

I was under the impression that Supergirl wouldn't be an Arrowverse show. If it is, I'll have to watch it.

I'm not investing in multiple universes unless it's animation.

munchie64

Yes. The Arrowverse will soon control our TV screens
Well he's this universes Batman so...

maxcriden

Sounds neat. I thought they planned for another crossover later this year, and since I'm dropping Arrow I'm glad there won't be one. Flash >>> Arrow at this point for me, despite that symbol's similarity to an arrowhead.

Intelligence.

Boxing glove arrow.

Something something prep time something something experience something something.

You know how it is. They always find a way for the street heroes to keep up even though they shouldn't.

Don't they already deal with this with characters like batman and green arrow in the comics and cartoons. No physical feats of strength to win. Prep time. Fancy arrow tips

Strategy is pretty important in battle.

Well he's this universes Batman so...

All fair points. I guess it won't bother me as much if it's only happening once a year, but it'll still a bit ridiculous to have him and BC fighting alongside Supergirl and Flash.

Sephzilla

yeah but they are hamstrung at the moment i think they have restrictions on certain places and people they can mention , which is strange because the floodgates are bursting open for them.

Yeah, it does kind of suck. I'm worried that the DC movie universe is going to restrict what Arrowverse is able to do. I still straight up think it's a mistake for the DC movie-U to not include Arrowverse (granted if Batman/Superman sucks I guess Arrowverse dodges a bullet)

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yeah, it does kind of suck. I'm worried that the DC movie universe is going to restrict what Arrowverse is able to do. I still straight up think it's a mistake for the DC movie-U to not include Arrowverse (granted if Batman/Superman sucks I guess Arrowverse dodges a bullet)

The big misfire i see happening is if the Flash keeps getting more and more popular, theres a chance to make a bonafide pop culture icon with tv and movies but they cast a different actor for the films...what if people view tv flash as definitive Barry and dont accept movie version?

Another things is the whole dont mention other JLA chars to keep Arrow the big draw makes no sense. "The Hood" was dying a slow death until Slade of Teen TItans fame showed up. Clearly people don't mind the guest appearances and big time stars popping in from time to time.

Sephzilla

The big misfire i see happening is if the Flash keeps getting more and more popular, theres a chance to make a bonafide pop culture icon with tv and movies but they cast a different actor for the films...what if people view tv flash as definitive Barry and dont accept movie version?

Another things is the whole dont mention other JLA chars to keep Arrow the big draw makes no sense. "The Hood" was dying a slow death until Slade of Teen TItans fame showed up. Clearly people don't mind the guest appearances and big time stars popping in from time to time.

I was really looking forward to the episode of Arrow where Queen enters some partnership with Wayne Enterprises :(

Wiktor

Easy: brutality and ruthlesness. Flash is complete boyscout and Supegirl won;t be much different. No criminal will ever be truly afraid of either one. Oliver can get results and informations that neither metahuman will be able to get.

Plus Oliver will propably soon regain his true superpower, the one he shares with Batman - which is billions of dollars :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom