• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow and The Flash will cross over once a year! open to a crossover with Supergirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
gfJpDWs.gif

edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA :D

This is exactly what I was hoping for. They won't overdo it with the crossovers, which was a slight fear of mine. Because every once in a while is fine, but having it happen multiple times in a season would kind of diminish the impact.

Hope the same happens with Supergirl. I don't even care about the cinematic universe anymore. Arrowverse is killing it.

Easy: brutality and ruthlesness. Flash is complete boyscout and Supegirl won;t be much different. No criminal will ever be truly afraid of either one. Oliver can get results and informations that neither metahuman will be able to get.

Plus Oliver will propably soon regain his true superpower, the one he shares with Batman - which is billions of dollars :D

Isn't he broke right now? I guess he might grab Merlyn's millions or perhaps raid Ra's warchest...

You do make a good point. He is the most brutal of the bunch, but then I still think Kara could achieve the same without hurting anyone. Just fly them up really high, really fast. Could work?

Yeah...I'm reaching.

Vastag

Wait, wait, supergirl? I had no idea. Who is playing her?

Also arrowverse is great. Best thing that DC has right now.

Wiktor

Isn't he broke right now? I guess he might grab Merlyn's millions or perhaps raid Ra's warchest...

You do make a good point. He is the most brutal of the bunch, but then I still think Kara could achieve the same without hurting anyone. Just fly them up really high, really fast. Could work?

Yeah...I'm reaching.
I think he will regain his fortune and company sooner or later.

And Arrow actually set up this nicely, because this clearly is a man with a blood on his hands. Who killed by dozens and might do it again if pushed, plus he's open to torture. Supergirl might scare somebody weak, but harded criminals will quickly learn about her goodness. It's the same problem Batman already ran into in Dark Knight, everybody knew he wasn;t a killer.

Oliver already tortured one guy in crossover. And in comics there was this beautiful Prometheus bit, where the villain bassicaly blackmailed the heroe to setting them free. All of them were all about "no-killing" rules and Oliver even helped to convince them they didn't have a choice. And then he secretly went into villain's lair and when the Prometheus showed up he straight up executed him.

In a way Arrow actually fits more naturally into team ups with Flash and/or Supergirl than Batman does in JLA. Because to make it work in comics they always have to severly boost batman's intellect to the levels he just doesn't usually display in his solo stories. Meanwhile Olie just needs to remain the adorable sociopath we all know from Arrow :D

Wiktor

You are missing out on the best versions of Alfred and Bullock.
Alfred isn't even close he was killing it on Gotham.
Yeah. Also..Gotham By Midnight just started and it's another excellent comic set in Gotham and Batman is barely there. He has like two or three panels.
Gotham is such a fascinating setting it can easily survive without Batman

I think he will regain his fortune and company sooner or later.

And Arrow actually set up this nicely, because this clearly is a man with a blood on his hands. Who killed by dozens and might do it again if pushed, plus he's open to torture. Supergirl might scare somebody weak, but harded criminals will quickly learn about her goodness. It's the same problem Batman already ran into in Dark Knight, everybody knew he wasn;t a killer.

Oliver already tortured one guy in crossover. And in comics there was this beautiful Prometheus bit, where the villain bassicaly blackmailed the heroe to setting them free. All of them were all about "no-killing" rules and Oliver even helped to convince them they didn't have a choice. And then he secretly went into villain's lair and when the Prometheus showed up he straight up executed him.

In a way Arrow actually fits more naturally into team ups with Flash and/or Supergirl than Batman does in JLA. Because to make it work in comics they always have to severly boost batman's intellect to the levels he just doesn't usually display in his solo stories. Meanwhile Olie just needs to remain the adorable sociopath we all know from Arrow :D

Goddamn.

I do agree he'll regain his millions, not so sure if he'll regain the company if Atom is going to become a real thing with his own spin off.

And yeah, that does make sense. Kara would really only be able use that trick a few times before criminals get wise. I guess there will always be a place for Ollie...

never say never

flash.png
I'd imagine the deal would go down with Lucius Fox or some other director. At this point, it feels like only direct references to Batman and Superman are forbidden, and everything else might be okay.

I hope they go the multiverse route and just let everything slide, though.

Wiktor

I'd imagine the deal would go down with Lucius Fox or some other director. At this point, it feels like only direct references to Batman and Superman are forbidden, and everything else might be okay.

I hope they go the multiverse route and just let everything slide, though.

I think they should make it clear there's no Batman an Superman. Have a tv memorial about 20th anniversary of the day Wayne family got killed with their son Bruce. Have similiar news about mystery object that got shot down by american missle defense system right before it could cause destruction in Smallville.

Joni

I wonder if they could end the Arrowverse with the Queen/Wayne fusion where it is implied Bruce Wayne is becoming the Batman.

I still think it's a missed opportunity by DC to not use these shows as a build up to a Justice League movie. You have a clear group of dedicated followers and using cheap TV stars to fill out an all-star cast seems like the perfect fit on the big screen.

The big misfire i see happening is if the Flash keeps getting more and more popular, theres a chance to make a bonafide pop culture icon with tv and movies but they cast a different actor for the films...what if people view tv flash as definitive Barry and dont accept movie version?

Another things is the whole dont mention other JLA chars to keep Arrow the big draw makes no sense. "The Hood" was dying a slow death until Slade of Teen TItans fame showed up. Clearly people don't mind the guest appearances and big time stars popping in from time to time.

I really don't think the mainstream audience will care one bit. If they can get that Affleck's Batman is different to Bale's, they can get that TV Flash is different to Movie Flash. People aren't stupid, it's not confusing.

Personally, I like that they're separate universes. It gives the shows a lot more freedom (letting A list villains appear on the shows, like Ra's Al Ghul) and means the movies aren't held down with too much baggage. Continuity is fine but it can easily lead to giant clusterfucks (see: both Marvel and DC's comics) that actually turn people away.

Yeah. Also..Gotham By Midnight just started and it's another excellent comic set in Gotham and Batman is barely there. He has like two or three panels.
Gotham is such a fascinating setting it can easily survive without Batman

Should've been a proper Gotham Central show, with the occasional Bat Family cameo. The fact that Gotham isn't that (and will probably prevent it from ever happening) makes me resent it for even existing.

MisterHero

All this world-building without the World's Finest better pay off damn it. I watched 10 years of Smallville for less!!

Wiktor

I still think it's a missed opportunity by DC to not use these shows as a build up to a Justice League movie. You have a clear group of dedicated followers and using cheap TV stars to fill out an all-star cast seems like the perfect fit on the big screen.

Meh. You want Flash canceled? Because it would have to be. No way to shoot both tv and movie at the same time. Also...forget about Ra's on TV. No Suicide Squad episodes either, since there's movie incoming.
While seeing those actors in cinema would be amazing, it's not worth the limitations this would bring.

Wiktor

Should've been a proper Gotham Central show, with the occasional Bat Family cameo. The fact that Gotham isn't that (and will probably prevent it from ever happening) makes me resent it for even existing.

Meh, I think it's better than Gotham Central tv show would ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom