• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARRRG! MY DOG GOT HOLD OF A SKUNK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, that smell doesn't go away. I mean, like ever. It never goes away. Ok, you may be able to soak in a tank of tomato juice and hope that the acids dissolve the smell within a month, but that's about it. Burn your clothes. And your house, if you deposited the smell anywhere within it. You have to burn your house down to get rid of the smell.

Dyne

Tomato Soup! Except it ruins the taste and you can never taste it again without being reminded of it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
we don't have skunks here, how bad is it really? can the odour be described?

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
If you pet has had a run in with a skunk then this recipe will help you remove the smell:

1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1 teaspoon liquid soap / dishwashing detergent

Mix all the above in a bucket or bowl. Thoroughly wet your pet with the solution. Knead it well into his coat being careful to keep the formula out if the eyes, nose and mouth.

You can use a sponge to carefully wipe it onto his face. Once finished rinse the animal thoroughly with clean water.

OR

1) "Skunk-off" aerosol; get through Vet Clinic, dog supply stores, dog kennels or pet shops.

The smell is that bad...it's so thick you can taste it. From a distance it just smells bad but at point blank it's gag inducing.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I had always heard about how bad skunks smell. The thing is, I smoked 'skunk' weed WAY before I ever came across actual skunk smell. Therefore skunk smell smells like weed to me, doesn't turn me off at all. I like the way a skunk smells, but I don't necessarily want to be sprayed by one. I'm sure the smell 'lingers', but driving past a run over skunk basically just gives me flashbacks ;)

Jim Bowie

Oh well. You know the old adage: When life gives you lemons, fucking kill yourself.

I suggest the Skunk-Off aerosol, as previously stated. It worked in my car when my brother hit one. I'm sure it will work for you.

mint

Banned
My friend got sprayed by one once with 2 other friends. Even the tomato stuff didn't work lol. gawd he didn't had to go to school for like a week.

Thaedolus

haha, I remember when we left our dog at my grandpa's house for a week one time, we got hime back and he was a smelly mess. He looked like he had swam through a river of mud and smelled like a thousand skunks jizzed all over him. He was a shaggy huskey too.

Off to the groomer he went!

Ecrofirt

DJ_Tet said:
I had always heard about how bad skunks smell. The thing is, I smoked 'skunk' weed WAY before I ever came across actual skunk smell. Therefore skunk smell smells like weed to me, doesn't turn me off at all. I like the way a skunk smells, but I don't necessarily want to be sprayed by one. I'm sure the smell 'lingers', but driving past a run over skunk basically just gives me flashbacks ;)

Why the FUCK would you smoke skunk weed?

aoi tsuki

Skunk smell is like the disgusting sulfur smell of a fart, mixed with the heavy scent of burnt rubber, amplified five times.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
Why the FUCK would you smoke skunk weed?

Gets you high? I'm sure it only remotely represents the smell of a full on blast. Like I said earlier, I've only smelled "skunk" when we passed a dead/sprayed skunk on the interstate. The whiff we got reminded me of some good ass weed, and I understand why people call that brand 'skunk'.

Tenguman

It's permiating through the house right now :/ I can't let the dog outside cause of the skunk, and I can't lock her in the laundry room cause then she starts gagging after an hour (she's a little dog). I let her out because the house smells like skunk anyway so she can't do any more harm (after like 4 baths, the stuff is gone -- it's just the smell....). She got hit in the face, point-blank, multiple times.

My hands have a terrible smell now. At least it keeps me from picking me nose

*sob*

the smell is so fucking terrible. Luckily it's not *on* me too bad -- just my hands and it's faint. The house though...*sob*

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
miyuru said:
lol wtf!

BTW, what's skunk weed?

weed that smells really strong.

stoners tell you that its a type of weed. but I'm sure thats bullshit, everytime i ever bought some "mad skunkies" it was just particularly good looking and strong smelling weed. I pretty much class any really terrific smelly weed as skunk.

Vgamer

Trust me if you go out at all today everyone will smell the skunk on you even if its just on you a little. At work a few months ago a ladys dog got sprayed and the next day she walked in and we all smelled her from a mile away. We where trying to figure out where it was coming from. She didnt even know she smelled when we finally pin pointed her. She said her dog got sprayed and she cleaned hin up th enight before and she had taken like 5 showers. Anyways needless to say she went home for the day :)

I used to live on a state park, and my dad was the guy in charge of keeping the place running. Skunks would come in a tear up the grass in front of all of the buildings, so he'd have to go out at night and hunt skunks. You think a skunk spraying a dog is bad? Imagine a skunk that just lost control of it's body fluids and releases everything in one foul blast. the smell would fill our house for hours on end, it was horrible. and I was the one that had to dispose of the bodies! ugh.

Tenguman

lol @ stories

well woke up in my room this morning, and the smell was almost gone! WHEW

Opened my door and

WOOOSH!! The smell knocked me over like I was a hooker who forgot to pay her dues.

We washed our dog in tomato juice, didn't work. We're getting some special shampoo and see if that works. She got sprayed so many times in the face at point blank that I really don't see anything working :/

This happened to my friend here at work. There's some stuff called "Natures Miracle" that works extremely well. You need to go to a pet feed store to pick it up though. I recommend you pick some up pronto. It'll kill the smell on you, your dog and all fabrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom