• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astrobot Launch Trailer

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Did you miss astros playroom or astro vr that now you say they stole from mario?

And thats from 6 years ago for the vr game.

And so what. Now you have a reason to buy a ps5
I don't need a reason... I have a Ps5 .. that still doesn't change the fact that 90% of that video has all been done before in various mario 3d games.
and I am still going to get astro bot and even just ebayed an overpriced astrobot controller. lol

just because someone points out the obvious doesn't mean that person is totally against it. I even stated its a good strategy. 🤷‍♂️

bundylove

Banned
I don't need a reason... I have a Ps5 .. that still doesn't change the fact that 90% of that video has all been done before in various mario 3d games.
and I am still going to get astro bot and even just ebayed an overpriced astrobot controller. lol

just because someone points out the obvious doesn't mean that person is totally against it. I even stated its a good strategy. 🤷‍♂️
HOw paunful was the price on that?

I was looking everywhere ans the cheapes i found was 160

Wow. Looks great! Probably will be my GOTY and I’m not even a platformer guy or a PlayStation fanboy.

Something I’m really interested in is that they seem to be doing cool physics stuff and fluid sims all over the place. Which in itself combined with the dual sense features will make this feel like a next gen platforming experience.

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

bundylove

Banned
So excited

fNRgrrt.gif

Reactions: Isa

JusticeForAll

Gold Member

There is nothing wrong with doing something that has been done before if you do it right.

Take a band like AC/DC: every record they made is in itself a variation of the previous record they did. And that's fine, because they all rock.

One could argue that loads of rock or metal bands copied something that came before in one way or another, but in the end it doesn't matter if it's good.

I couldn't care less how much this game is like another one, as long as it's great. And it seems like it will be.

Everybody wins.

Oof85

Banned
I am not denying that, at all. Just saying that Nintendo has definitely been a watcher outside of its bubble in the past, and that goes beyond BOTW.
Oh of course.

Nintendo prides itself on taking established concepts and then turning them upside down with novel twists.

But they're also imo the most inward gazing of the console publishers by far.

So your assertion just seemed strange, as it's pretty much widely accepted that Nintendo tends towards insular.

Ozriel

M$FT
The music in this launch trailer is so fucking upbeat
This game will be in the GOTY conversations, I’m sure

Top Bottom