• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomfall - Gamescom Trailer | Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, PS5 & PS4

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Delve deeper into the foreboding world of Atomfall and the mystery of Windscale with a look at its new trailer, hot off the heels of Gamescom.

Opening in the style of a classic 1950s news reel, this latest trailer offers a closer look at Atomfall's setting in the North of England. Atomfall is inspired by the real-life events of the 1957 Windscale disaster and the story picks up five years later in a fictionalised quarantine zone that encompasses rolling countryside, valleys, caves and even a picturesque English village.

But this picture-perfect postcard setting is a hostile landscape that hides a dark mystery. To get to the bottom of what happened at Windscale, you will need to navigate military encampments, delve through abandoned bunkers below ground, and risk your life in Pagan ruins. Your trusty metal detector will also help you uncover a few secrets buried beneath the surface!

Central to the dark mystery are the host of eccentric characters and cryptic organisations that inhabit the quarantine zone. These individuals have been cut off from the outside world for years and left to their own devices, so are anything but normal. Your interactions with them are important and will shape your journey. But be careful, they aren't all friendly and you will need to get to grips with an array of ranged and melee weapons if you are to survive!

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
isn't there already a Fallout London game or mod? I coulda swear I remember hearing about it. or is this more like Atomic Heart?

Markio128

Gold Member
I like the look of this one, and I noticed the nod to the original Wicker Man film. Pretty decent timing too, with all of the recent interest in Fallout.

Rat Rage

"....fall"

As a video game naming expert, I can tell you, they fucked up!

If they really wanted to be "cool" and "hip", they should have named their game either:

Bornfall

or

Fallborn

Screw these amateurs!

Roberts

I still have memories of how dull Godfall was.

Anyway, this looks kind of cool and I usually like stuff made bu Rebellion.

The_hunter

Gamescom gameplay, it's looking real rough. This game is shipping in half a year.

I think it has potential. I like this style of game a lot.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Judging the gameplay, i dig this. It definitely isn't going to have world-class visuals, but it looks good enough.

And, along with Dying Light: The Beast, it is telling that these relatively high budget games are still coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Imagine buying one of those at launch, in November 2013... and you are still getting to buy a new game for in March 2025. Some insane mileage this hardware has, even more than the PS360 generation.

Seeing as i have a PS4 Pro (I bought one for 100 bucks 1 year ago, i figured that was a killer deal), i am more than fine with these new games coming.

CherryFalls

Banned
Gamescom gameplay, it's looking real rough. This game is shipping in half a year.

I think it has potential. I like this style of game a lot.

Damn, this completely sunk my hype. The animations and AI look extremely dated, and nothing feels like it has much impact behind it, just a kind of flat feeling.

At 13:15 the npc gets stabbed in the side, then turns around and says ''is somebody there?'' AFTER they've been stabbed lol.

Top Bottom