• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

attn: BuddyChrist - Bubble Bobble Old and New released and shipping

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
bubbob.GIF

Talk about under the radar, I went on a little hunt the other night and found three | separate | listings for the game -- all with incorrect or missing developer/publisher information -- and ordered it on a whim, just to see if they actually had it in stock.

Something just shipped which I can only assume is Old and New -- thought I'd give you & everyone the heads up.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=160591 was the product page I used.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This game is VERY fun. Then again I was a huge sucker for the original (who wasn't). I really enjoy how you have two viewing options in the original game available at any time. Just a quick press of the L-button and you can see the entire screen instead of the pixel perfect port which doesn't exactly fit into the small res of the GBA's display.

BuddyC

YES! Thanks brandonnn! The trick is finding it at my local Gamestop. Too bad I used my Amazon.com gift certificate last night :(

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
My local Fry's (Concord, CA) had a couple dozen or so in stock on Monday for $20. I picked it up, and yes, it's crazy good fun.

I still think that the Bubble Bobble music is some of the best videogame music ever.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Well, I gotta hand it to GameStop, Destination was in fact the publisher. No mention of BAM.

I honestly had no idea about the L-button zoom in/out, super slick. Love the fact that it allows you to continue at any level you've already completed in both modes, too.

It's an essential GBA pick, guys.

I take it you can get the real ending with just one player in this version.

It'd be awesome if you could do two-player on the GBA Player. Games have to start implementing that.

BuddyC

Picked this up earlier today. Apparently my Gamestop received two copies yesterday, and they both sold within five minutes of each other this morning :D

Old mode brings back many, many memories of my brother and I wasting days playing Bubble Bobble. And while I'm not too fond of the new artstyle in New, the remixed music kicks so much ass that it makes up for any qualms I have with the graphics.

Also - major props to Empire for that nifty zoom in/out trick with the L button. It's the perfect way of making sure people can't bitch about how they utilized the GBA screen.

I've already wasted an hour goofing about with the cart. This is my new pack-in title for my GBA SP. That is, whenever I'm unable take a few carts with me, Bubble Bobble will be the one. Thanks again brandonnn!

snapty00

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
This game is VERY fun. Then again I was a huge sucker for the original (who wasn't). I really enjoy how you have two viewing options in the original game available at any time. Just a quick press of the L-button and you can see the entire screen instead of the pixel perfect port which doesn't exactly fit into the small res of the GBA's display.
Eh, that's what I hate most about the GBA. I so wish they would've stuck some more vertical pixels in the screen of the GBA.

Ranger X

WTF???? sorry to be late but i've never heard a remake of Bubble Bobble or something was coming out?!??? remake or new? what console?

BuddyC

Basically, yet another another port of Bubble Bobble. Old is a "near-direct port" and New is a remake with new graphics/sound. It was originally supposed to hit the US in early 2003, heh.

edit: Game Boy Advance, sorry.

Top Bottom