• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Kusagari

What is Becky Lynch's gimmick? She dresses like Steampunk Edge, comes out and does a weird pose, is hyper in her mannerisms, is called a "Lass Kicker" like she's a tough brawler....

Fuck, this Divas Revolution really needed to wait, I dunno, 6 months or so until Becky and Charlotte had their goddamn gimmicks figured out.

I don't think anyone's ever been able to figure out what her gimmick is supposed to be.

The most interesting thing about her on NXT was the fact Corey Graves hated her guts.

Savitar

The problem with the Diva revolution is after the whole give divas a chance twitter thing happened it took the WWE months to react and when they finally decide to do so the whole thing is extremely manufactured. It's a lot like how they tried to push Roman, it's just so damn transparent instead of natural.

But lets face it, when it comes to divas what's natural tends to get inflated fairly regularly.

What happens if HHH's daughter googles that?

IWLP0yF.png

brb.

dream

Just wait until Becky Lynch and the "genetically superior" blue-eyed, blonde-haired Charlotte Flair of the SS reveal their final solution for dealing with Alicia Fox. Christ.

krae_man

Is she really worse than the Bellas tho? I think not.

I feel like she just does random moves without any rhyme or reason and everything is just clunky. Throw in "Remember I'm Ric Flair's daughter, please remember I'm Ric Flair's daughter" so yeah she's she's worse then the Bella's. They can at least get heat and have the slightest bit of flow between what they do.

I don't think anyone's ever been able to figure out what he gimmick is supposed to be.

The most interesting thing about her on NXT was the fact Corey Graves hated her guts.

Well what's weird is they just keep adding things. She did an Irish jig in her debut, then she was just kind of a bland face, then she turned heel and became some kind of 80s hair metal fan, then she just kind of became good for no reason, then she debuted on Raw with this weird mish-mash gimmick. Like, any one of those qualities she has is sufficient to get someone started as a character, but they were just insecure in her abilities as a performer (not without cause, perhaps) and so gave everyone a whole bunch of marketing points to cover up those deficiencies, resulting in this awkward mishmash. She's a good wrestler, but fuck, when you spend all your time doing something, how do you stall out on something so basic?

I feel like she just does random moves without any rhyme or reason and everything is just clunky. Throw in "Remember I'm Ric Flair's daughter, please remember I'm Ric Flair's daughter" so yeah she's she's worse then the Bella's. They can at least get heat and have the slightest bit of flow between what they do.
X-Pac heat is bad tho, and that's what they get.

But then again, I'm prejudiced against "models turned wrestlers" in favor of girls who actually got into the sport taking bumps and shit. Trish Stratus was the one exception because she worked her ass off into one of WWE's best female workers ever.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
How do Victor and Connor still have jobs with the WWE? They make the Bashams look like the Steiner Brothers.

WWE isn't typically in the state of firing wrestlers anymore. They usually let the contracts run out or the wrestlers quit before the contract expiration.

This divas revolution is so dull. It's so forced upon us and it's not even interesting.

The promos before the match were cringeworthy to say the least.

And every week we getting the same boring tag team matches with the same wrestlers and no storyline. Just because it's a divas revolution.

dream

I like how the "anti diva" spent the entire match standing outside the ring as a valet, while wearing less than ever.

I like how the "anti diva" spent the entire match standing outside the ring as a valet, while wearing less than ever.

She hasn't been the "anti diva", at least as an active and promoted part of her gimmick, for like a year. Her gimmick is mainly just that she has been wrestling forever and so kicks ass.

This divas revolution is so dull. It's so forced upon us and it's not even interesting.

The promos before the match were cringeworthy to say the least.

And every week we getting the same boring tag team matches with the same wrestlers and no storyline. Just because it's a divas revolution.
Because this is the best the diva's division has been since Stratus's days. By a longshot.

I like that they're giving it attention and actually trying to make it relevant. This is the best the WWE's shitty writers can do, I think they've established how lousy they are.

krae_man

X-Pac heat is bad tho, and that's what they get.

But then again, I'm prejudiced against "models turned wrestlers" in favor of girls who actually got into the sport taking bumps and shit. Trish Stratus was the one exception because she worked her ass off into one of WWE's best female workers ever.

You overestimate the WWE Audience. If you're attractive, they will like you. Also that's pretty much all WWE will let you be.

Top Bottom