• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, anyone know where I can find a physical copy of the Australian edition of FFX and FFX-2 HD for Vita new and in stock? I'm happy to pay shipping. Is FFX a physical game and FFX-2 a download code or do you get 2 disks or do they come separately? Thanks!

radaxian

Hey, anyone know where I can find a physical copy of the Australian edition of FFX and FFX-2 HD for Vita new and in stock? I'm happy to pay shipping. Is FFX a physical game and FFX-2 a download code or do you get 2 disks or do they come separately? Thanks!

The physical version only includes FFX on the card, FFX-2 is a download code even for the physical version. Which means - yes it is important to buy the local AU version to redeem on an AU PSN account. Multiple accounts is no problem on PS3/4 but switching accounts is a bit of a pain on Vita. Am still slightly tempted to buy a second Vita for my US account considering my mix of digital games is completely split between the two. Have called myself crazy and held off so far.

Sorry not sure where you can get hold of it.

radaxian

Wolfenstein The New Order on PS4/X1 is $35 at Harvey Norman

Got this for the same price yesterday from a local independent gaming store here in Newcastle. The owner was telling me that he bought up lots of console bundles when they were good around Christmas and split them up himself. Maybe HN did the same?

radaxian

I usually play driving games with on/in car camera but I might have to start playing Driveclub in 3rd person view. Every time I see trailers I feel like it looks much nicer than what I see down on the front bumper. All those reflections I guess.

Kritz

Banned
5VzrIoW.gif

this is basically how I order food at subway

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My area has finally moved to Build Commenced on the rollout map and at this very moment there's a crew feeding green fibre into a pit at the end of my street. No RFS date yet, but being able to ditch ADSL and Telstra Wholesale's ridiculous mandatory active phone line requirement for good would make for a wonderful Christmas present.

My area has finally moved to Build Commenced on the rollout map and at this very moment there's a crew feeding green fibre into a pit at the end of my street. No RFS date yet, but being able to ditch ADSL and Telstra Wholesale's ridiculous mandatory active phone line requirement for good would make for a wonderful Christmas present.

So very jealous.

JaseC

So very jealous.

My area was first shaded on the rollout map as Construction Commenced way back in September 2012 but no actual, physical work started being done until last April (pit maintenance and the like). I've been waiting for this day for so long that it almost feels like a dream, haha.

I've had a horrid evening trying to upgrade my SSD. In the process of moving everything I now can't access my media HDD despite swapping out the SSD with the power off and the cord out.

I can see the drive in Device Manager, as well as the size, but can't access it.

Any help?

EDIT: Feck, ignore me. Forgot to give the drive a letter lol

Rubixcuba

Banned
Got this for the same price yesterday from a local independent gaming store here in Newcastle. The owner was telling me that he bought up lots of console bundles when they were good around Christmas and split them up himself. Maybe HN did the same?

Um. We have a local independent store in Newcastle? Where?

jambo

My area was first shaded on the rollout map as Construction Commenced way back in September 2012 but no actual, physical work started being done until last April (pit maintenance and the like). I've been waiting for this day for so long that it almost feels like a dream, haha.

4071384089.png

Feels good man

So what would be no.1 if only AusGAF chose the hottest 100?
FKA Twigs - Two Weeks got two votes. Everything else equal 47th.

Vote 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I note that Close Your Eyes got at least 2 votes as well.

Pfft learn to count guys

FKA got 3 votes and Future Islands also got 2 votes.

Thanks for posting your spotify playlist and the posts again cods

Since you guys are banging on about FKA Twigs, Future Islands, Rustie etc is anyone going to Laneway?

ooooh I should go.
I probably won't though

Kritz

Banned
Can't wait for this fucking thing.

Have you decided what you're gonna spend all your CBD skrilla on?

serious answer: burgers and milkshakes

boring, "it'll never happen" answer: somehow justify making a second game and upgrade my business to a company

JaseC

4071384089.png

Feels good man

I've long had my eye on iiNet's 500GB+500GB plan (I'd probably opt for a slightly cheaper 250GB+250GB plan if it were an option, though). Smaller ISPs like Skymesh and one-man operation NBNSP have competitive pricing but bandwidth consistency could become a problem in the not-too-distant future (not that iiNet is perfect, but at least it has the necessary deep pockets to upgrade CVC capacity when required).

Edit: Oh, and speaking of iiNet, I signed into my Gmail account for the first time in donkey's years and saw this:

iib5fn6.jpg

Way back when iiNet first offered VOIP there was no monthly fee, so I took advantage of it even though I ultimately never actually used the service. I thought that account got cancelled when I churned away in 2006, but apparently not. I suppose it's a little comforting that I have the same VOIP number from 10 years ago, haha.

jambo

I'm actually with Internode, but technically they are owned by iiNet. 600 GB plan on 100/40.

Still fairly separate, except for getting both ISP's unmetered content.

Steam gets around 9.5MB/sec and Origin gets 10MB/sec. Don't have to worry about pre-loading any more!

JaseC

I'm actually with Internode, but technically they are owned by iiNet. 600 GB plan on 100/40.

Still fairly separate, except for getting both ISP's unmetered content.

Steam gets around 9.5MB/sec and Origin gets 10MB/sec. Don't have to worry about pre-loading any more!

Ah. 600GB would be fine and I had absolutely zero issues with Internode during my ~five years (2006-2011), but $100pm is my limit.

I just checked out my area, and the houses directly behind me can get it. Stupid estate extension, should have to roll it out to me as well!

JaseC

I just checked out my area, and the houses directly behind me can get it. Stupid estate extension, should have to roll it out to me as well!

Haha, I know that feeling. A new estate area was annexed to my town a few years ago and actual NBN construction there began a few months or so before the town proper was misleadingly flagged as CC.

jambo

Yeah the reason we got NBN was building in a new estate that had no pre-existing infrastructure.

Also, we tried 300GB for a couple of months, but Netflix and YouTube in 1080P, plus Steam, Xbox Live and PSN added up to much more than that.

I think Netflix does around 3-4GB an hour when doing 1080P. It adds up.

Shaneus

20 days into unlimited internet: 1062276mb downloaded
Please explain (how you gots them free datas). Not that I'm worried, I'm home only half the time now and download a fraction of what I used to. Just don't have the time, barely use a quarter of my 1TB/m plan.

How come Driveclub didn't automatically download the update? I thought it did that for the last 10 used programs? Is there a setting that got changed somewhere on the PS4?

Please explain (how you gots them free datas). Not that I'm worried, I'm home only half the time now and download a fraction of what I used to. Just don't have the time, barely use a quarter of my 1TB/m plan.

Streaming!

Also Linux. Always, always linuxing.

Quasar

Watched some of the Amazon pilots via the PS4 app (Man in the High Castle and Point of Honour - I liked both). not sure what it is but my video quality is a hell of a lot better now. Dunno what it is. Still on DSL, but its gone from SD to 720p or better. Makes me wonder if its worth my time to pay for amazon Prime just for streaming, esp when I already pay for netflix.

Might just wait till both stan and netflix oz launch before I go sorting out my streaming choices.

Shaneus

How come Driveclub didn't automatically download the update? I thought it did that for the last 10 used programs? Is there a setting that got changed somewhere on the PS4?
I thought so too, then I noticed a setting that was for allowing downloads in rest mode that was disabled. I don't think I would've intentionally disabled it, so maybe it's new?

Streaming!

Also Linux. Always, always linuxing.
I'm asking how he got the uncapped data, not what he used it on :)

Quasar

I'm asking how he got the uncapped data, not what he used it on :)

Yeah. Whilst I don't follow it much (my NBN connection is still in the groundworks phase) I didn't think anyone offered unlimited NBN plans. Just tb plans at most.

Though doing a quick search, I see optus offering unlimited 100Mb nbn plans for 135$, so I guess others are.

Fredescu

Anyone else get an email saying Sim City is 75% off on Origin, only to follow the link to find that it isn't? I thought it might have been because of different store regions, but the email has the Australian rating symbol on it.

Watched some of the Amazon pilots via the PS4 app (Man in the High Castle and Point of Honour - I liked both). not sure what it is but my video quality is a hell of a lot better now. Dunno what it is. Still on DSL, but its gone from SD to 720p or better. Makes me wonder if its worth my time to pay for amazon Prime just for streaming, esp when I already pay for netflix.

Might just wait till both stan and netflix oz launch before I go sorting out my streaming choices.

If you live in Australia, Prime is certainly not worth it over Netflix. Since most of the benefits of Prime are region-locked (a VPN can't get your Blurays to you in 2 days).

Amazon and Netflix (in the US, at least) have a massive overlap in content, Amazon streaming shows you all of this content, most of which is paid and doesn't nicely filter the Prime only material ("oh look, that movie's here, oh wait that's $15). Amazon has a better selection of BBC stuff (some of which was on Amazon before netflix), Amazon also has the older HBO stuff (pre-GoT) and last I had it, it had Bunheads. Netflix had arthouse and indie flix much faster.

I was a DVD/Bluray Hoarder, boarded the netflix train for a while, and now I'm back here, I've gone back to buying cheap discs and cheaper DD and season passes. (in my case US and Au itunes accounts are working out pretty well for me)

the worst thing about Netflix and amazon, the constant staring at the menus looking for stuff to watch, adding things to your watchlist, and then never watching most of it.
But here, I wouldn't bother. T

Fusebox

Banned
I thought so too, then I noticed a setting that was for allowing downloads in rest mode that was disabled. I don't think I would've intentionally disabled it, so maybe it's new?

Ah of course it's in the power management menu >_<

Thanks, yeah they changed the settings when they renamed the low power mode. Have to re-enable USB charging while in sleep mode too.

the worst thing about Netflix and amazon, the constant staring at the menus looking for stuff to watch, adding things to your watchlist, and then never watching most of it.

Sounds like 2014 and Steam for me, I was awful for spending hundreds of hours buying cheap Steam keys and then never playing anything :/

Yeah I got Prime for the streaming and got sick of it very quickly. Thanks for reminding me I should cancel it.

Damn couldn't help myself I had to order one. Might scalp it to pay for my Monster Hunter XL oh no he didn't.

Ah of course it's in the power management menu >_<

Thanks, yeah they changed the settings when they renamed the low power mode. Have to re-enable USB charging while in sleep mode too.

Sounds like 2014 and Steam for me, I was awful for spending hundreds of hours buying cheap Steam keys and then never playing anything :/

http://www.theonion.com/video/netflix-introduces-new-browse-endlessly-plan,35308/

Quasar

If you live in Australia, Prime is certainly not worth it over Netflix. Since most of the benefits of Prime are region-locked (a VPN can't get your Blurays to you in 2 days).

Amazon and Netflix (in the US, at least) have a massive overlap in content, Amazon streaming shows you all of this content, most of which is paid and doesn't nicely filter the Prime only material ("oh look, that movie's here, oh wait that's $15). Amazon has a better selection of BBC stuff (some of which was on Amazon before netflix), Amazon also has the older HBO stuff (pre-GoT) and last I had it, it had Bunheads. Netflix had arthouse and indie flix much faster.

Right. Overlap is one thing I wondered about. Another is whether we'll see Amazon shows on any local services.

I was a DVD/Bluray Hoarder, boarded the netflix train for a while, and now I'm back here, I've gone back to buying cheap discs and cheaper DD and season passes. (in my case US and Au itunes accounts are working out pretty well for me)

Right. For me streaming really just is a replacement for rentals, rather than a replacement for buying. Thought if you look at my buying habits until Christmas sales I had not bought any discs. Seems like that's the only time I buy now. A bit like Steam where I seem to only buy during sales.

Though with video, more and more streaming quality is good enough. So there's only a select bunch where I feel the need to own pristine copies on disc.

But here, I wouldn't bother. T

Heh.

Thats always the way really. Even without streaming. I know my parents have that to a degree. Have a ton of (unwatched) discs but instead in many cases just watch broadcast as its 'easier'.

Me. I have netflix, but if I'm honest I get more value out of Crunchyroll. Netflix is more like a safety net for the most part. And I seem to generally just watch things that percolate to the top of the recommendations rather than search and curate much of a watch list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom