• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

Spiderman's a Sony movie technically

I got this marvel blu ray set in some ozbargain deal for like $40 last year sometime and I just finished an assignment so I figured I'd treat myself... Iron Man was pretty fun. Pretty dumb but also pretty fun.

Kritz

Banned
So tired today. I've had a black coffee and a litre of energy drinks yet feel like I'm just falling asleep. Not sure if it's a caffeine crash, which I seldom get... or if I just spent too long playing dota last night.

In less boring news, but still kinda boring,

j9EBc2lh.jpg

Got a new board game. Turns out OzGameShop UK are faster than Amazon US. Ordered on the same day, both shipped the day after. I also realised that I ordered an ameritrash game from a UK retailer and two eurogames from an American one and was amused my the knowledge.

It's also photos like those ^ that make me really want a camera. I get so jealous at some of the amazing photos (mostly by Danoss) that get posted here I always feel like an asshole with my grainy iphone shit.

Danoss

Ah, Battlestar Galactica. One of the first board games I bought and still haven't played it either. Yep, done with that hobby, if you can call it that when you never actually participate. :(

Iron Man
The Hulk
The Avengers
Iron Man 3

Thor was stupid, Thor 2 looks even worse. Same goes for Iron Man 2.

Capt. America was boring.

Just watch The Avengers 3 times and you can skip the rest.

I get more and more nitpicky with The Avengers every time I see it. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Feel like rewatching the Spiderman trilogy now! Might hit up The Rock though. Wash the taste of last night's Bad Boys 2 out of my mouth.

Now you're rubbing it in. :'(

I would be totally keen to play it some time. I'm not very good at it though, mostly because of the bluffing. I guess it would be hard to play online because of that, but if people are interested we could try and get something going.

I get more and more nitpicky with The Avengers every time I see it. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Me too. The first few times I saw it was magical. Now Samuel L Jackson and ScarJo's acting just makes me cringe. I'm not really a fan of any of the shield stuff.

Jintor

Feel like rewatching the Spiderman trilogy now! Might hit up The Rock though. Wash the taste of last night's Bad Boys 2 out of my mouth.

Yeah, could feel myself fading second time I watched it. We were playing a drinking game at the time though so that made it a heap more enjoyable

Rahk

Spiderman's a Sony movie technically

I got this marvel blu ray set in some ozbargain deal for like $40 last year sometime and I just finished an assignment so I figured I'd treat myself... Iron Man was pretty fun. Pretty dumb but also pretty fun.
I'd say they're all worth watching as long as you only expect dumb fun. Captain America was pretty boring and Iron Man 2 was kinda bad though. I enjoyed Thor even though most people seem not to.

Gone in sixty seconds gets my vote if your in a nic cage mood.

Actually, if you haven't seen layer cake watch/get it instead.

Got a new board game. Turns out OzGameShop UK are faster than Amazon US. Ordered on the same day, both shipped the day after. I also realised that I ordered an ameritrash game from a UK retailer and two eurogames from an American one and was amused my the knowledge.

It's also photos like those ^ that make me really want a camera. I get so jealous at some of the amazing photos (mostly by Danoss) that get posted here I always feel like an asshole with my grainy iphone shit.

BSG is an amazing board game. Always good to stab your friends in the back too.

Danoss

I would be totally keen to play it some time. I'm not very good at it though, mostly because of the bluffing. I guess it would be hard to play online because of that, but if people are interested we could try and get something going.

It's a big time commitment online and needing 5 people makes that even harder. It'd be like trying to organise a raid in WoW.

If enough people turned up for SydGAF one time, we could have a single game of The Resistance or Resistance: Avalon which is pretty much the same thing distilled down to its simplest form. 5 people is the minimum for that game though, but at least it's short.

There's also Coup, which I and maybe Clipper backed on Kickstarter. Bluffing and whatnot also, but I haven't seen much of it, I kinda backed it blind.

Perhaps, once my brain starts working like it should (4 weeks exactly until my appointment, please hurry up) we could maybe have an RPG thingy instead like I promised. I'm backing a game called Torchbearer on Kickstarter which looks unbelievably awesome. Like old school D&D but with modern game ideas and concepts. I'm super excited.

Axiom

Myself and a friend or two have been wanting to try Battlestar Galactica for a long time, but we're all Melbourne.

Oh and I also love Swiftkey as an Android keyboard.

What's the best keyboard on Android that has iOS like auto correct?
The stock ICS keyboard with swipe support is great. You might try SwiftKey which many like. I'd love to try out the latest BlackBerry one which moves keys slightly if you keep making errors.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Perhaps, once my brain starts working like it should (4 weeks exactly until my appointment, please hurry up) we could maybe have an RPG thingy instead like I promised. I'm backing a game called Torchbearer on Kickstarter which looks unbelievably awesome. Like old school D&D but with modern game ideas and concepts. I'm super excited.

As much as I would like to say, Hurry up 4 weeks, It's going to be a long road before your brain starts working as it should.

I've spent the past 10 years self sabotaging myself and going by my Psychologist it's going to take me many many years to undo all the damage.

But as long as you step into the room and talk honestly, It's going to help from day 1, No doubt about it.

Just a shame it's never a quick fix ... I fucking love quick fixes.

Dead Man

I've found it's much easier to shit out an assignment the night before/the day it's due and get a pass than to spend any meaningful amount of time with it and still get a pass (Or in that one case I somehow managed a distinction for a three hour effort).

I know that's a terrible mindset to have but I doubt I'll change.
Same. That's part of why I abandoned my second degree. Just wasting my timing shitting out P's and C's.
Any of the Marvel movies besides Iron Man and The Avengers worth seeing?

Iron Man is the only good one. Cap Yankee is okay. Thor is fun but shit.

Danoss

As much as I would like to say, Hurry up 4 weeks, It's going to be a long road before your brain starts working as it should.

I've spent the past 10 years self sabotaging myself and going by my Psychologist it's going to take me many many years to undo all the damage.

But as long as you step into the room and talk honestly, It's going to help from day 1, No doubt about it.

Just a shame it's never a quick fix ... I fucking love quick fixes.

ADD/ADHD is a little different. The right medication can clear the mind and allow somewhat straighter train of thought. Whatever comorbid disorders I have, if any, can affect what medication is given and such.

Obviously the other numerous things that are wrong with me will take a much longer time to fix, but at least one thing should be able to get out of the way rather quickly. If the anxiety could fuck right off, I might slightly resemble a normal human being.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
ADD/ADHD is a little different. The right medication can clear the mind and allow somewhat straighter train of thought.

Obviously the other numerous things that are wrong with me will take a much longer time to fix, but at least one thing should be able to get out of the way rather quickly.

Yea for sure.

I took anti depressants and they didn't seem to really make all that much of a difference. Maybe a little bit, The initial kick was sickening though, knocked me around like crazy. I guess there was a slightly better mood but it seemed to pass as time went on. I should have increased the dose but I got lazy!

So now it's just my head, Psychologist and I fighting it out for supremacy.

Danoss

Yea for sure.

I took anti depressants and they didn't seem to really make all that much of a difference. Maybe a little bit, The initial kick was sickening though, knocked me around like crazy. I guess there was a slightly better mood but it seemed to pass as time went on. I should have increased the dose but I got lazy!

So now it's just my head, Psychologist and I fighting it out for supremacy.

I know it well man, I've been seeing psychiatrists and psychologists on and off since I was a young boy. Most of that was never going to take when it was just me listening to my mother carry on about what a little cunt I was, and me too scared to say anything about what was really going on.

In my own previous case and others that I know of, anti-depressants generally don't do shit. If you're incredibly depressed they help to take the edge off while the underlying cause is treated with therapy, but they're not a solution at all. They take weeks to build up in your system before they're effective and the initial side effects can be absolutely terrible. The first lot I was recently put on had me laying down because my equilibrium was so fucked I could barely sit or stand, I felt like I'd had 15 beers. I was changed to something else which is less severe in the interim until I see the psych.

It's a long battle man, breaking all those mental habits is very hard, especially if they've been there a long time. Be thankful you don't have childhood abuse to deal with, holy fuck I'm not looking forward to dealing with that, some of that shit no one knows about. I wish you all the best mate.

Iron Man 3 is also worthwhile if you enjoy the first.

Other than that Thor is enjoyable. Captain America isn't.

Non Marvel Studio movies but Marvel comic characters:

Spiderman 2
X-men 2
X-Men: First Class
Blade 2 (First Blade is ok too)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I've found it's much easier to shit out an assignment the night before/the day it's due and get a pass than to spend any meaningful amount of time with it and still get a pass (Or in that one case I somehow managed a distinction for a three hour effort).

I know that's a terrible mindset to have but I doubt I'll change.

I'm a perfectionist so I prefer having it done beforehand. So I can look over and over it before the due date.>_< it's what I did for my first ever written assignment and I got a HD 96%!

My last assignment on the other hand didn't end up being like that unfortunately. Mainly because I wasted too much time trying to be creative with the umm "creative' piece.

Ang Lee Hulk is seriously underrated. Worth a watch if you have the time. Other then that X-men 2 + Spiderman 2 are perfection. The first movies of each are merely okay.

Are they talking about sales of devices or sales of their software in that graph? Why do they assume phones and tablets are going to grow at the same rate? Are they their numbers or based on someone else's?

Are they talking about sales of devices or sales of their software in that graph? Why do they assume phones and tablets are going to grow at the same rate? Are they their numbers or based on someone else's?

They basically want to say, "Dear shareholders! We lost money because we made console games! All the money is/will be in smartphones! We will be printed money in no time rest assured! Please be excited!"

(while piping in subliminal messages not to sell shares in the company)

jambo

Do micro SD card speeds matter when it comes to phones? Looking at either a 16GB or 32GB for my S3 and the Class 2 and 4 cards are so damn cheap.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Curious if there's any hubbub over in Aussieland regarding Andrew Bogut given how well the Warriors are doing in the NBA playoffs.

Top Bottom