• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AZ GOP Fascists Vote To Debate Bill That Treats Protests As Organized Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this akin to that theory that Steve Bannon believes in?

Could be. The book The Fourth Turning is scary accurate, all the way down to highlighting a Grey Champion (Bernie) that would inspire the younger generation.

Edit: it was written in the late 1990's.

The main problem with moments like this in history, is that there are two directions we can take as a nation. The divisive hateful tyrannical way of Bannon, or the inclusive/fair/just vision of the likes of Bernie. The country is split and each side is entrenched in their particular direction. It's up to all of us to do what we can to guide our democracy towards the better outcome for all.

Literally every protest thread is 20 pages of concern trolling and hypotheticals.
Okay but like, say there's a protest defending trans people rights but like my tire blows up and I'm stranded and all of a sudden Godzilla turns out to be real and pops out of nowhere and it tries to kill me and the protesters are RIGHT THERE like couldn't they protest peacefully?

THIS IS FOR YOU NANA RUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gkgRtfy.png

That was a fun thread.

Glix

Yes, that did not look like violence, but then you watch a protest like this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-inauguration-protests-idUSKBN1540J7

Yes. It is possible for a small number of people with an agenda to take advantage of a protest.

Black-clad activists among hundreds of demonstrators

In the violence, knots of activists in black clothes and masks threw rocks and bottles at officers wearing riot gear, who responded with volleys of tear gas and stun grenades as a helicopter hovered low overhead.

They should be held responsible for their actions. No one else should. When the police work with the protesters and both sides plan properly this almost never happens.

Glix

We're doing the whole "violent assholes represent entire protest" thing?

Its important to know who you are dealing with lol

So we should make sure that they learn the language before anything else as Ive said earlier, and since the school is free of charge they cant say its cause of economic reasons that they dont fullfil them.

and when they've learned swedish, then they can apply for more jobs, and when they get a job, they earn money, and when they earn money they can live anywhere they want.

That is, if they really want to learn swedish. (and if the lack of teachers is a problem, they should get more money into getting more teachers for this, since this can save lots of money further on)

I dont see how this is Trumps fault really.

I only see a man killing himself cause he knew death was a better place than go back to Mexico which is really tragic!.
So the real people to blame is the people in charge of how Mexico is to their people imho.

Cause if Mexico is such a bad place to live in, then think of all those people still living there, and how they fare in their lifes.

If something is going to stop people killing themself, you have to change how Mexico is for their people, not change the president of united states.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Yeah ive read that too, but it dont think its true.
The cost for air force one is around 180k an hour according to http://www.ntu.org/foundation/detail...april-snapshot

So 12million / 180k is 66 hours of flight for Obama in a year. Sounds a bit little.

New york to south africa is 16hours flight so 2.8million dollars in cost for the flight trip and then you meed to go back also.

It's only entertaining if you support a fascist regime though...

Though watching the courts shut down Trump and the GOP time and time again might be the only silver lining.

There's some schadenfreude involved here. Considering most of the people that would be affected by this are old white folks.

GOP gonna GOP. Definitely not sure about that bit in the op with all repub voters being one issuing of orders away from full on nazis though

Not a snowball's chance in hell this goes through. It's absurd that a bill to treat protest as organized crime is even being debated, but there's no way this holds in court.

You have to love how evil the right makes the left out to be, and yet the left does nothing like this once in power, while the right does what they were supposedly afraid of in the first place.

I hope shit like this makes people realize that Trump and the rest of the GOP really aren't that different at all and should be tied together.

Got

Banned
You have to love how evil the right makes the left out to be, and yet the left does nothing like this once in power, while the right does what they were supposedly afraid of in the first place.

I hope shit like this makes people realize that Trump and the rest of the GOP really aren't that different at all and should be tied together.

I mean look at someone like chrislowe. He voted for Trump. He's a conservative, but he still thinks the behavior of the right is okay and better than the left. his face is slapped with facts but he persists. most of them are hopeless. no need to try and rationalize and hope that he changes. he's a lost cause.

I mean look at someone like chrislowe. He voted for Trump. He's a conservative, but he still thinks the behavior of the right is okay and better than the left. his face is slapped with facts but he persists. most of them are hopeless. no need to try and rationalize and hope that he changes. he's a lost cause.

Definitely. I'm hoping for independents and certain moderate Democrats to get a wake up call, though.

Salmonax

They are 100% the party of projection, and somehow it fucking works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom