• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bahaha... guess who's playing GREEN LANTERN in the upcoming GL movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

No sooner have HEAT got Hal Jordan back as Green Lantern than... well... this happens.

Oh you have to feel sorry for the poor guys.

Not only is the planned "Green Lantern" movie featuring the Kyle Raynor Green Lantern character, but the executive in charge of making the Green Lantern movie wants to make it a comedy. The choice for the ring bearer?

Jack Black.

And, naturally, people at DC may wish the comic to resemble the film when it's released...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

This is what Mark Millar is saying...

A friend of mine is working on the GL movie and he says Adam Sandler is already signed up. Jack Black and Adam Sandler would be equally bad, of course.

Annoyingly, I have a really, really good pitch for a GL movie. It's a high-octane sci-fi trilogy and, if the movie goes ahead and my pitch goes nowhere, I'll eventually post it online.

MM

http://www.millarworld.net/index.php?showtopic=31163

Adam Sandler or Jack Black as Green Lantern?! Either way, WE LOSE!

mattx5

Yup, some guy on the old forum gave us the inside info, but now that it's getting closer to being official........

Scary :(

Willco

Hollywood Square
I posted that awhile ago (the Sandler news), with this now classic mock poster...

nightmare1.jpg

mattx5

Ah, now I remember, and it was me who guessed it!

Too bad I wasn't happy for guessing it right :(

Hollywood = creatively stoopid

Willco

Hollywood Square
nomoment said:
Dude, nobody believed you. Not even me!

Goddamn. Even Ben Affleck as GL sounds pretty good right now...

I can't believe you'd actually doubt me, an actual employee of Warner Bros.

DMczaf

Willco said:
I can't believe you'd actually doubt me, an actual employee of Warner Bros.

Catwoman (2004)

Directed by
Pitof

Writing credits (WGA)
Bob Kane (characters)
Federman (story) and
John D. Brancato (story) (as John Brancato) &
Michael Ferris (story)

I knew it!

FoneBone

G4life98 said:
Warner Bros. once again proves how much they hate DC and its fans.
Batman Begins looks set to be really, really good, though. I can't say I'm optimistic about anything else.

SD-Ness

XD

That's so bad.

Didn't Warner Bros. make the original Batman though?

I regard that as my favorite superhero movie...

Hopefully, when Catwoman bombs, it'll make WB start thinking twice about making DC-based movies that go so far afield from the comics. But I'm not counting on it.

Edit: I meant WB. Corrected.

G4life98

DC has no control, since they are owned outright by aol/time warner and that means the WB are free do whatever the fuck they want to any DC character.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Cartman as Awesome-o: "It's a movie with Adam Sandler, as a guy who gets a ring and gets magic powers... then eats Popeye's chicken."

MASB

Time Warner needs to be dive bombed or something. :p These ideas for a GL movie are so stupid, it's amazing that it's being approved. But upon seeing Catwoman trailers, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I just hope TW doesn't force DC to somehow turn the comics into a resemblence of the movie.

To Federman: I hope you don't have anything to do with these sections of TW. Even though you wouldn't be making these kind of decisions, the taint of association alone would cancel out your Bruce Campbell coolness. ;)

Really, this news is kind of dishearting. If we start having comic book movies like Catwoman/GL too often, it may drag the whole genre with them. I don't think even Spiderman, etc. can combat that brand of mediocre. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom