• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Balatro coming to iOS & Android Sept 26 - Included in Apple Arcade

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Coming September 26th to iOS and Android app stores. It’ll also be included free for anyone with an Apple Arcade subscription. No word on the standard cost of the app, but I’d guess it’ll be the same $15 it is everywhere else.

And just like that, my productivity has gone down the toilet.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Great game. I didn't play it after the big patch as I got burnt out playing it for weeks straight. One of my best Steam buys even at regular price!

Game has sold more than 2M units. Has a 90 metacritic score too. Well deserved. A game that looks like could be made on Windows 3.1 with VGA graphics (borderline EGA) put to shame 95% of games out there.

Last edited:

Hookshot

Gold Member
I made it to Gold stake on of the decks but fell off. It’s fun for sure but only certain jokers let you get to the high scores and when you don’t get them you realise it’s just wasting your time that run.

noobdoomguy8658

Neo Member
I made it to Gold stake on of the decks but fell off. It’s fun for sure but only certain jokers let you get to the high scores and when you don’t get them you realise it’s just wasting your time that run.
Very true.

Still very fun and inventive in my opinion, although not exempt from the widespread roguelite mistakes.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Very true.

Still very fun and inventive in my opinion, although not exempt from the widespread roguelite mistakes.
It's a great game for what it is. It takes a long time to get up to gold stake and unlock the good jokers.

I'm currently playing "Peglin" a Peggle RPG roguelite and some of the combinations of relics you get can allow you to murder a boss in 1 turn or some of them can make it so it's impossible for you to do any damage a turn, literally 0 each ball. I get that balance is difficult but Balatro is all about the X multipliers.

ThesaurusRex

Neo Member
Such a good game. I do wonder how fiddly the touch controls will be since you're often selecting individual cards from a pool of options. It's a no brainer to install if you've got Apple Arcade though.

calistan

I thought this would be perfect for Steam Deck but I managed about 30 minutes before hitting the refund button. Can't understand what anyone sees in it, it's stunningly dull.

finalflame

Such a good game. I do wonder how fiddly the touch controls will be since you're often selecting individual cards from a pool of options. It's a no brainer to install if you've got Apple Arcade though.
I thought this would be perfect for Steam Deck but I managed about 30 minutes before hitting the refund button. Can't understand what anyone sees in it, it's stunningly dull.
MtZ9N.gif

GymWolf

Gold Member
They just have to make it like heartstone where you needed a second tap confirmation to chose a card.

Converted my steam version to an android apk awhile back. Works fine on phone, touch screen and all.

I'm surprised it took so long to come to mobile officially.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Coming September 26th to iOS and Android app stores. It’ll also be included free for anyone with an Apple Arcade subscription. No word on the standard cost of the app, but I’d guess it’ll be the same $15 it is everywhere else.

And just like that, my productivity has gone down the toilet.
£9.99 on the IOS store in the UK. I’ve watched a video and it looks interesting, I will pick it up when it eventually discounts.

bender

What time is it?

This isn't true at all. You don't even need Jokers to get high scores.

Top Bottom