• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banpresto confirmed Super Robot Taisen GC

Totakeke

1091603861370.jpg

sca_002.jpg

sca_003.jpg

AniHawk said:
So... what is this again?

Figures. This series is never coming over here. Too many mechs from animes no one's heard of over here to really find enjoyment. I love the series quite a bit, but have only been able to enjoy it on the GBA as I lack modded systems.

Oh well, does anyone know what Gundam suits are in this one?

Alcibiades

DarthWufei said:
Figures. This series is never coming over here. Too many mechs from animes no one's heard of over here to really find enjoyment. I love the series quite a bit, but have only been able to enjoy it on the GBA as I lack modded systems.

Oh well, does anyone know what Gundam suits are in this one?

from what I can tell, it might be something like Custom Robo, which has sold modestly (surprised me at least, I'd thought it would bomb) well here in the US...

cvxfreak

Winter 2004 release?

Nice, this should be able to help the GameCube out with the absence of biohazard 4. (BH4 is due out a little after the U.S. release)

GDGF

Soothsayer
I played the Playstation version of this years ago in Japan. It's like your normal strategy game, but it uses licensed mechs and characters from anime old and new. It's really badass.

No way is it coming to the states. The licensing issues would be too difficult to work out. It's a shame.

Lost Weekend said:
No way is it coming to the states. The licensing issues would be too difficult to work out. It's a shame.

So true, I love series mainly because it's nice for the nostalgia for mech fans. Plus it's not that bad of a turn based strategy either. I personally enjoy them over games like Fire Emblem, only because I know the characters, the mechs, and it's a fun experience. Though, I doubt many others share such feelings over here. So even if they managed to bring one over, it probably wouldn't sell that well.

efralope said:
from what I can tell, it might be something like Custom Robo, which has sold modestly (surprised me at least, I'd thought it would bomb) well here in the US...

What are the total numbers for Custom Robo? Robot sex is always hot!

Alcibiades

huzkee said:
What are the total numbers for Custom Robo? Robot sex is always hot!

I think it's at around 80,000 after two months... (my Best Buy, in the games department I work in), keeps on selling out, it's popular with the kids, but it's not like we get that many copies in...

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Nintendo's winter lineup continues to look better for JPN. Exclusive Naruto 3 & now this. There was a question whether the GC would even reach a million consoles sold in the Land of the Rising Sun this year, popular 3rd party exclusives like this ensures it IMO. (coupled with Nintendo's own lineup)

tenchir

I remember a version of SRW that had evangelion and Gundam Wing characters, can anyone tell me which version had them?

Pellham

Banned
this isn't anything like custom robo. it plays like any standard SRPG, except it uses characters from various anime mecha series. there's a version for practically every major system.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
efralope said:
I think it's at around 80,000 after two months... (my Best Buy, in the games department I work in), keeps on selling out, it's popular with the kids, but it's not like we get that many copies in...

Custom Robo LTD=96,424

And around 200k in JPN iirc.

Top Bottom