• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold |OT| Thread of Bat-Mite Adventures

Penguin

Platy said:
For the bat mite option do you need to have both games ?

Or just the wii game and a ds ?

I believe you need both versions of the game.

As he isn't in the DS version, just a way to connect to Wii version.

comedy bomb said:
Just in time to get shafted by the 3DS launch. History repeats itself?

Different time, different market.

I doubt the 3DS will launch this Christmas.

I'm also assuming DSiware will be compatible with the 3DS, or else Nintendo is helluva-dumb. Then again, this is the first system to move ahead; so hopefully Nintendo sets an example by allowing download service titles to work across platform. DLC Backward compatibility if you will.

Also since retailers won't be involved to not order copies of the game, this leaves it in the hand of the consumers.

Batman shipped today. Should be here Monday. :3

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Boney said:
what's her deal?
Not quite sure what you're asking so I'll just link her Wikipedia profile.

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm also assuming DSiware will be compatible with the 3DS, or else Nintendo is helluva-dumb.
It damn well better. One of the reasons I'm buying a 3DS is to play Shantae.

Salsa

Started playing with a friend today, currently at chapter 4.

Absolutely loving this game. Combat is way more fun and not as simple as i thought it would be, and the visual style, the animation, and specially the voice work is just amazing, it really feels like playing the cartoon. Just a top-notch job all around, i am pleased.

tim1138

Wrapped up the story chapters on the DS version yesterday--the last bit of the final level was absolutely hilarious. I still have a bunch of the challenge stuff to do, but I've really enjoyed it. Yeah it's short but after playing DQ 9 for the past two months it's nice to have something a little less epic in scale.

Jive Turkey said:
As I said: IT BETTER!

I concur.

tim1138 said:
Wrapped up the story chapters on the DS version yesterday--the last bit of the final level was absolutely hilarious. I still have a bunch of the challenge stuff to do, but I've really enjoyed it. Yeah it's short but after playing DQ 9 for the past two months it's nice to have something a little less epic in scale.

About how many hours did it take to complete? Not using this to quantify the purchase price, just curious as beat'em ups shouldn't take more than a good afternoon to complete IMO.

Penguin

I forgot to mention the last beat of the DS game, an awesome homage to the Adam West series. :lol

About how many hours did it take to complete? Not using this to quantify the purchase price, just curious as beat'em ups shouldn't take more than a good afternoon to complete IMO.

It shouldn't take you anymore than 3 hours. They are generous with checkpoints, and really tough to die as it is

Penguin

McDonalds Happy Meals have Batman : The Brave and the Bold toys.

Included with each toy is a little square flyer

Save $5 on the new "Batman The Brace and the Bold The Videogame".

Manufacturer's coupon, valid from Sept. 7, 2010 till Sept. 16, 2011. Yes, 2011.

Works for Wii and DS versions.

Looks like I'll be going to McDonalds in the near future. :D

Penguin

:O

Nice find!

Me too. Lunch and Batman:B&tB for $19.00? YES PLZ! :D

Was reading some more into it, and it seems like some folks aren't finding coupons. It seems the Aquaman/Plastic Man figures are the most likely to locate the coupon in.

Penguin said:
Was reading some more into it, and it seems like some folks aren't finding coupons. It seems the Aquaman/Plastic Man figures are the most likely to locate the coupon in.

Yeah, just did some Googling. Seems random. :\

May just give Wayforward $24 straight up. ;)

tim1138

I spread it out over the course of the weekend essentially, but you should have no problems running through it in 2.5-3 hours or so.

Game arrived today.

I found a small glitch. I got Batman caught in a crouch position where all I could do was sweep kick and he was stuck on a wall. Calling in attack partner didn't work. Trying super attack didn't work. I was stuck but good. I had to reset the system. :(

Enjoyable despite that.

Is anybody else getting weird white pixels in the backgrounds while playing? I hope this isn't some video issue with my Wii. D:

woodypop

Penguin said:
Thanks for the heads-up. Got my coupon today w/Plastic Man. (I made sure the coupon was there before buying the Big Kids Meal. :lol )

I'll prolly use it on the Wii version.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Game arrived today.

I found a small glitch. I got Batman caught in a crouch position where all I could do was sweep kick and he was stuck on a wall. Calling in attack partner didn't work. Trying super attack didn't work. I was stuck but good. I had to reset the system. :(

Enjoyable despite that.

Is anybody else getting weird white pixels in the backgrounds while playing? I hope this isn't some video issue with my Wii. D:
check your PMs, biznitch

VinZuku

What a wonderful little game Batman: The Brave And The Bold is. I started playing it today so I could have something to play in between Halo: Reach sessions and I'll be damned at how much I'm enjoying it. The game has a lot more moves per character than I was expecting. I've played for about two hours or so and I'm still trying to remember all the moves I have at my disposal. I love games like this: great controls, smooth graphics, great gameplay, deep play mechanics (but not so deep that I get lost in 'em), and some good writing to carry the cutscenes. With this game and A Boy and his Blob I'm really looking forward to what else WayForward has in store for the Wii.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I always got the sense I was playing a kid's game throughout Brave and the Bold, but all that did was blow me away. Wayforward put so much work into the look of the game and the combat, despite it being a kid's game (and one that could have been a straight throwaway).

Truly awesome game.

Badoor

Neo Member
I've been playing it for the past few days between Halo Reach sessions co-op with my brother. It's great. IMO much better than SHANK. The recent influx of beat em ups is strange but I'm not complaining. Batman BATB and Scott Pilgrim both transported me to older times.

Definitely a great pickup and play Beat'em up with modern conventions and old school flavor.

Just beat Catman.
Getting turned into a cat and using the waggle to scratch him
= :lol

Penguin

Think shall wait to see if TRU has their annual buy 2 get 1 free sale, pick this, Shattered Dimension and something else up.

Salsa

Just beat Catman.
Getting turned into a cat and using the waggle to scratch him
= :lol

Yeah i loved the fact that there was a little gameplay twist with each one of the bosses.

Im probably gonna play through this again with a friend over the weekend.

I picked up the DS version of the Brave & The Bold and I think I'll be picking up the Wii version fairly soon as well. The main episodes/missions are fairly straight-forward and relatively easy but they're also well done, particularly the sprites and animation. When you see Aquaman riding Ape-Batman riding a giant whale crushing everything on the screen it really hammers home how well they captured the goofy nature of the show. Also it's honestly quite fun to play a kind of retro throw-back like The Brave & The Bold, being a comic/animation geek kind of helps as well. Compared to Contra 4 this definitely is the kinder, gentler Wayforward, but the character-specific challenges, tough battles and boss rushes that you unlock upon completing one of the main missions have some teeth to them.

All in all this is a pretty fun game.

wazoo

Wii version is a "love-to-2D" work.

I like a lot. Hidden Gem of the Wii library.

Very easy if you do not care about the score.

I'm already half way through the game :lol I've collected all of the capsules in the missions, completed all of the challenges, boss rushes and tough battles.

Beat the DS version this evening 100% and I still somehow haven't unlocked everything in this game. I've gathered all of the capsules, completed all of the tough fights, character specific challenges and boss rushes and there's three suits that I can apparently only unlock with codes(?). This game is so under the radar that even gamefaqs is largely devoid of any information.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/990006-batman-the-brave-and-the-bold-the-videogame

There are codes for one of the extra costumes and a duel mode with
Proto
. How do I gain all of the extras, does anyone even know? Do I have to have the Wii version as well? I guess I'll find out, I picked it up on the way home from work tonight.

Edit: The manual references costumes and challenges that are only accessible through codes but doesn't seem to clarify how you go about acquiring those codes.

Penguin

Finally picked up the Wii version, and really digging it.

Love the humor of the game. And the looks are pretty nice.

This game is amazing, I feel like I stole from Wayforward with buying it for $10. It's a damn shame no one bought it and GAF doesn't care. =(

I'm sure GAF would care if they knew Wayforward designed an awesome beat'em up for the Wii.

Oh aside from the Wii, it's not serious jerkface Batman either. This is fun stuff Batman, which I'm sure hurts the butts of everybody who is all like "BATMAN DOESN'T SMILE!" :p

tim1138

I'm sure GAF would care if they knew Wayforward designed an awesome beat'em up for the Wii.

Oh aside from the Wii, it's not serious jerkface Batman either. This is fun stuff Batman, which I'm sure hurts the butts of everybody who is all like "BATMAN DOESN'T SMILE!" :p

Bu bu bu but Batsman has to be grimdark and mature! It can't be fun and campy!

On topic I enjoyed both the DS and Wii versions--my wife and I had a blast playing through the co-op in the Wii version.

Penguin

You mean

BATMAN DOESN'T EAT NACHOS!

Boogiepop

Any idea if Gamestop's deal lasts till Monday? I've been wanting to pick this up, but I'll be going there and trying to fill up my PS2 collection on the buy 2 get 2 then anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! Picked up a copy while I was out yesterday. There were three copies late afternoon -- according to the online inventory checker they were gone today. I hope this sale boosts the numbers a bit.

Been wanting this game for quite a while now, and yes, there's no excuse at NINE NINETY-NINE! Come on, WiiGAF.

It saddens me to think that after the low numbers for A Boy and his Blob and Batman that there may not be anymore console 2D titles from WayForward :(

SickBoy

I had a lot of fun with the Wii version.

The only disappointment was that it felt like it put its best foot forward with the first episode, and never recaptured that level awesome. In particular, I thought the third episode kinda dragged... but despite my disproportionate love for the first quarter of the game, I never felt like I was grinding through the rest of the game, which is a plus. Even in some of the best blockbuster games I feel there are points where I really have to push.

(Love the episode format. More games should do this. Even the AAA OMG showpiece titles)

Error Macro said:
It saddens me to think that after the low numbers for A Boy and his Blob and Batman that there may not be anymore console 2D titles from WayForward :(

Bloodrayne for XBLA/PSN.

Which will be interesting as Wayforward, to my knowledge, hasn't dabbled with overtly sexual themes in their games. And by that I just mean big floppy titties. There's nothing intellectually mature going on there. :p

I've had this game for awhile and just hand't gotten to it. Finally today I dug into it and I am REALLY digging it. I'm up to the middle of the 3rd episode (how many total are there?) and just having a really good time with it. Shame the game didn't get more attention. It seems like it has some replayability too, since I noticed plenty of areas that were closed off in earlier levels since I didn't have a certain tool to know down their walls. So far I try to play at least a round or two with the other character but I find myself going right back to playing as Bats.

Top Bottom