• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield : Bad Company PS3 GAF Meet up

Jaeyden

Battlefield.jpg

Well I've certainly enjoyed playing the demo and I'm hoping to see a lot of interest from fellow GAFfers. Feel free to add me if your getting the game. :D

PSN ID : Jaeyden

eznark

Banned
I've been in and out of the demo but finally gave it a real shot today...holy shit this game is awesome. With the $10 gift card at Circuit City I am totally picking this up, I need a multiplayer shooter on the PS3.

PSN: thekranz

I might Gamefly it for the online. I ended up playing a couple hours of it last night and it reminds me a bit of SOCOM sans the shitty weapons. Is there voice chat? I heard a couple folks busting out the Espanol last night, but other than that it was dead silent.

Also the setting and presentation remind me of the first Killzone.

Also, hooray for jump button! No more having my uber skilled military dude getting stuck behind a hip high barrier - lulz!

Mrbob

Amazon still has a 10 dollar gift card available for preordering. Just grabbed it on the triple.

MrBob2k7

I'm reporting for duty.

eznark

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
I might Gamefly it for the online. I ended up playing a couple hours of it last night and it reminds me a bit of SOCOM sans the shitty weapons. Is there voice chat? I heard a couple folks busting out the Espanol last night, but other than that it was dead silent.

Also the setting and presentation remind me of the first Killzone.

Also, hooray for jump button! No more having my uber skilled military dude getting stuck behind a hip high barrier - lulz!

I haven't tried the voice chat (mostly because I figured it would be worthless in the demo since no one was using it) but hopefully with the new xmb and stuff people will be more apt to use it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I have the UK Gold Edition pre-ordered. In the demo, I almost exclusively played as Support.

PSN: industrian.

Let's get a GAF clan assembled.

i'm picking this up today.

I'd like to play with you guys, if it's cool.
my psn id is LiquidLynch13

Edit: i have that shoddy warhawk headset, i'll use it if GAF insists, but i typically don't use it in online games, i'm waiting for the SOCOM headset because that's supposedly better quality.

eznark

Banned
I just picked it up, but I have class til 9 this evening. Add me on the ol' PSN...wow, this is the first time since MLB that I've said that.

Jaeyden

Played about 4 matches, then some game breaking 10 second freezes forced me to quit. I hope this doesn't become a persistent problem.

basis

Jaeyden said:
Played about 4 matches, then some game breaking 10 second freezes forced me to quit. I hope this doesn't become a persistent problem.

yeh had that issue a couple of times. you aren't alone.

industrian

Jaeyden said:

I had that problem with the demo. It wasn't a constant issue, but it's annoying nonetheless.

I should get BC on Friday (that's when it's released in the UK). I'll see you then.

Jaeyden

I'm loving it. The freezing seemed like an isolated issue.../x fingers. Doesn't look like there's any clan support so I'll send out some friends requests. :lol

Mrbob

Bad Company has shown up today. I'll try to get online tonight but no promises. But I will be online tommorrow and tommorrow night since I have to head out early Sat I won't be going out!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think my late night sessions the previous two nights caught up with me. I was absolutely dead last night and could not put any thought into the matches. Which illustrates how on the ball you have to be to play this game.

industrian

I noticed the freezing. On the map with the harbour it froze numerous times. But that didn't stop my one-man rampage where I took down two tanks with the power drill.

Jaeyden

Well, that was interesting. Had a game going with eznark and Mrbob then the sound went haywire..tried to play through it but it didn't go away so I quit game and now it says no matches available when I try to rejoin you guys. Did the servers crash for you two?

DenogginizerOS

I cannot emphasize enough how skype has made this game even better. Mr Bob and I used it for 3 hours last night and the clarity was stunning. We had a BLAST. Even if we have a four-man squad, I think we could dominate a match just by having such clear lines of communication. And being able to share in excitement when you see a buddy execute a "battlefield moment" is wonderful.

JB1981

DenogginizerOS said:
I cannot emphasize enough how skype has made this game even better. Mr Bob and I used it for 3 hours last night and the clarity was stunning. We had a BLAST. Even if we have a four-man squad, I think we could dominate a match just by having such clear lines of communication. And being able to share in excitement when you see a buddy execute a "battlefield moment" is wonderful.

How does skype work? What kind of headset do you need to use it?

How sad is it that you have to seek out 3rd party voice communication ...

jesus i just read the site .... use a cell phone and a usb headset connected to your PC to talk to somebody?! I guess it's cool that it's free and all but damn .... I'd rather just keep my 360 on while I'm on my PS3 and talk to people that way lol

DenogginizerOS

JB1981 said:
How does skype work? What kind of headset do you need to use it?

How sad is it that you have to seek out 3rd party voice communication ...

jesus i just read the site .... use a cell phone and a usb headset connected to your PC to talk to somebody?! I guess it's cool that it's free and all but damn .... I'd rather just keep my 360 on while I'm on my PS3 and talk to people that way lol
skype is easy as pie. All you do is download the software for free, connect a headset with a microphone, and make a connection. You don't have to use a USB headset or a cell phone.

I really hope DICE patches this for both the X360 and PS3 version but I have to admit, the clarity of skype is seductive. I may use this from now on.

Mrbob

JB Skype it up!

I plan to wage war around 8:30 central time tonight. Any takers to join me in battle?

I am adding several of you to my friends list. Please feel free to add me, now that we all can have 100 friends!:D

PSN: Filth_Flannigan

I play about every evening.

alterno69

Banned
I added some of you guys to my list, please feel free to invite me to your games whenever you see me online, liquidsnk_mx is my PSN tag.

Wow, okay. Some niggling shit that's really ruining my enjoyment of this game.

If you get killed in mid grenade / RPG - your explosive magically vanishes. FUCKING FAIL EA!

If I have an RPG pointed at the feet of two enemies and I get shot after I fire the round, the fucking projectile is still in motion. Stop fucking robbing me of my posthumous victories! >:|

Such epic bullshit.

Also I'm really appreciating Zipper's sound design with SOCOM 2 over this one. You can hear footsteps where they should be, and sounds are very distinct so you can hunt your prey, or tell when you're being snuck up on, in battlefield - not so much.

And does the headset work in the demo? :\

DustinC

Picked this up last night, definitely enjoying it so far.

Feel free to add me for some games, PSN: Deathrawk.

kitch9

Banned
This is the online console game of this generation for me. I'm looking for co-ordinated squad headset action.

PSN: kitch9

I'm in the uk.

Top Bottom