• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Modern Combat delayed a YEAR, single player planned

Redbeard

Banned
From TeamXbox.

"We are very pleased with the decision to add single player to Battlefield: Modern Combat. It is strategically important for Digital Illusions, and gives us greater opportunity to establish the Battlefield trademark on the consol market before the launch of the next generation's consoles," said Patrick Söderlund, CEO at Digital Illusions.

"The postponed launch of Battlefield: Modern Combat means lower royalty incomes during 2004. On the other hand the potential for better royalty incomes during 2005 will increase prominently," said Patrick Söderlund, CEO at Digital Illusions.

"Adding more time to the development cycle of the game will result in a stronger feature set and more compelling product," said Greg Richardson, General Manager, EA Partners. "We are confident that this decision will result in a stronger product and increased sales."

TEH SUXX0RS! Why do they even need single-player in BF games...If it's anything like BFNam's single-player, I don't see why they would bother. Well I can but...Err...

Slo

Ha! So this:

battlefieldmc_041504_03_1082048414.jpg

is coming out after this:

battlefield2_042804_001.jpg

:D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think that was a bad move, the game could have sold well this year but I don't know if I'll even want it in 2005.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Stupid move if you ask me. I just want some BF style multiplay on my xbox, and Im not touching that Star Wars crap.

I was hoping to get this to tide me over until the wait for BF2. Oh well.

It's a nice excuse to justify delaying it another year, but does anyone who's played BF1942 or BF:V really expect single-player to not suck big time?

Slo: Funny post. As much as BF:V has pissed me off, the new BF does look sexy (especially some of the new game features).

Newduck

I'm all for a delay of it, since it was too soon, but to hell with single player, theres enough of that sorta stuff with FSW PC, and an eventual FSW and Call of Duty sequal. Other games have the military single player covered.

SKluck

Banned
Seriously, no one should release any games at all this fall. Halo 2 is all I need. Everyone else should just wait til next year.

Ozchin

TEH SUXOR!!!11

I wish for either of the following:
1) Multiplayer-only version for cheap
2) Multiplayer + LevelEditor&MappingTools for regular price

...the whole fun of BattleField is the multiplayer experience. I'd rather not see DICE spend extra time AND MONEY (which I will end up paying for) on a single player game I won't really want to play and won't really be excited about.

Top Bottom