• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleship |OT| Real time fleet command + FPS

Hell I don't know if the title is accurate at all. Anyone pick this up?

Bnrsw.jpg

After watching this quick look it doesn't look half bad.

I figured instead of just having a "hey is anyone playing this" thread I'd just make a shitty ot since no one called it and I'm sure no one cares!

I'll buy it and play it as soon as it hits bargain bin I 'spose.

Here's some pictures!

ouuCd.jpg

nURo0.jpg

W3kC6.jpg

And I guess this is what the wii version looks like?

yQ0B3.jpg

So before you go see this summer's hit blockbuster movie, you should go and buy this and tell me how crap it is.

Also for those who care it looks like it has mad easy achievements.

REVIEWZ: 40/100 on Metacritic for the 360, 44/100 for ps3, only one review each for the wii and 3ds but they're a more promising 50/100 and 70/100 respectively.

It's damn near impossible to find shit about this. Let the bad reviews fly under the radar and let dumb parents buy it for their kids I guess is what they're going for.

A bunch of bad reviews (and one really strange user review with a 10 claiming it will revolutionize video games and board games forever, uh huh...) for the console twins have turned me off on those versions.

Now the 3ds, wii and ds seem to have a completely different version which is just an advanced wars clone.

uGz8W.jpg

I can only find one english review here and then if you can read Italian there's this one. The good news is, it's an advanced wars clone. The bad news... It was developed by Magic Pocket games which has made such hits as: Imagine: Wildlife Keeper, Tigerz, Antz Extreme Racing, Imagine Teacher and Imagine Teacher : Class Trip. So yeah, no clue if that's any good.

Radogol

The reviews are crushing but the gameplay I saw was intriguing. It does indeed seem that you remotely command your fleet while shooting aliens on the islands from first person perspective. I have no idea how it works in practice, though.

FStop7

Banned
I'm interested. Any good strategy game is welcome, even if it's based on an abomination like the Battleship movie.

I still don't under why the studios needed the board game license to make a film about alien invaders fighting against the military. Can't someone help me out here?

Xander51

After watching that quick look, I was reminded of Raven Squad. This seems like it's a little better than that.

It's damn near impossible to find shit about this. Let the bad reviews fly under the radar and let dumb parents buy it for their kids I guess is what they're going for.

A bunch of bad reviews (and one really strange user review with a 10 claiming it will revolutionize video games and board games forever, uh huh...) for the console twins have turned me off on those versions.

Now the 3ds, wii and ds seem to have a completely different version which is just an advanced wars clone.

uGz8W.jpg

I can only find one english review here and then if you can read Italian there's this one. The good news is, it's an advanced wars clone. The bad news... It was developed by Magic Pocket games which has made such hits as: Imagine: Wildlife Keeper, Tigerz, Antz Extreme Racing, Imagine Teacher and Imagine Teacher : Class Trip. So yeah, no clue if that's any good.

why did they make it more convoluted than the board game?

I have to admit I felt the movie was in a kind of weird way, actually loyal to the board game. (5 vs 5, units, that kind of thing) So why change a winning formula? Why make a 'quick cash-in' when you spend so much on a movie about your license?

I just don't get business logic, I guess.

Also: "details" is misspelled in the first picture.Don't tell me this screen happens all the time during the game, because I am that much of a grammarnazi. (not that I would play this anyway, but hypothetically speaking)

wait

WAIT

WHAT?

THIS SHIT IS ON THE MARKET FOR SIXTY BUCKS?
Holy cow, I thought it was an XBLA release. Holy moly, the nerve. 7 missions with exactly the same objective and gameplay? sixty fucking bucks...*tiny voice* sixty.. *end tiny voice*

No wonder Joe did a review about it. People deserve to know.

I actually spit out my drink when he mentoined it was easier to just pick up the next plentiful alien gun than wait for the gun to reload. Mother of god: what the hell were they thinking?

And the ship battles! .... not even evil abed would be this cruel.

Top Bottom