• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise |OT| Another Nintendo rhythm game no-one will play

Firemind

Welp I did my part.

I'm not too optimistic though. The clerk didn't even know they had it in stock or even heard about the game.

ghibli99

Is the scoring system as bad as it sounds?

Sounds identical to the situation in North America. :/

Sigh
But it's still maintaining its MSRP... I know it's Nintendo and all, but impressive (I guess) given that it's been out since February.

Just got up to love rap, I can't say I feel much rhythm in this one minigame.
But I swear that sets 4, 5 & 6 (excluding the love rap) are much easier than sets 2 & 3, basically the difficulty curve seems backwards at times, or maybe my rhythm has improved.
Well whatever the case i've greatly enjoyed most of the games from these later sets.

And the perfect system is still silly, I perfected the baseball one but it doesn't count as a perfect because it's not time for the perfect chance, boo I say! A retry system would also be nice for those occasions were you know you've buggered up.

Vhalyar

Anyone know if all regions have all text translations? I'm in Germany but don't actually speak the language, I need it in English :(

LeleSocho

Banned
japanese soundtrack too? damn that's a godsend for me that have an immaculate wii and hate the english soundtrack
suck it NOA we might have waited but at least we have the definitive version

Shiggy

Anyone know if all regions have all text translations? I'm in Germany but don't actually speak the language, I need it in English :(

Don't worry, the game includes German, French, Italian, Spanish AND English texts. I believe it's based on your system settings. All languages are on the disc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nice to see a new OT up for the European release. Hopefully Tesco gets it to me tomorrow. Was surprised to see HMV online didn't even list it so I could take advantage of my usual 10% discount.

Due to the fact it isn't being stocked everywhere I thought this was the safer purchase and will get Theatrhythm at a later date. Two rhythm games on the same day would be too much and I have been so looking forward to this.

Firemind

Holy fuck, the stories about Monkey Watch are true! It's bad enough that the monkeys are offbeat, but they also obscure your view in several ways! This isn't funny!

Subscribed to marvel at everyone getting frustrated by Monkey Watch again for reasons I will never understand.

(On the other hand, that dancing shrimp one took me for-fucking-EVER.)

zroid

Banned
(On the other hand, that dancing shrimp one took me for-fucking-EVER.)

Dancing Shrimp one was interesting. It took me longer than any other game to beat the practice. But once I finished the practice, I got through the game in my first try, and proceeded to medal it soon after.

It's just really hard to figure out, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

Monkey Watch is always hard :(

ASIS

Is this game worth a purchase? It looks like a good multiplayer game even though the IGN review says it isn't..

what do you say GAF?

Firemind

Okay, Air Rally is fucking impossible. Once you miss you're straight out of the rhythm especially with the clouds obscuring your view. This game makes me feel so incompetent.

Great games this and I would like to think it will do well in Europe however I doubt that will be the case.

I am really struggling with my imported US version though - the level with the dogs in the chairs that spin round? I can never get it right!

Its almost like the sync is a little out - although all the other levels so far have been OK.

Any suggestions to get past this?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How is the difficulty compared to the DS game? I hit a wall really early on in that, but this looks more accessible (at least in the videos). Does it have any settings to adjust audio lag for HDTVs or receivers?

And is the multiplayer any good? Always on the lookout for games to play with my kids

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is this game worth a purchase? It looks like a good multiplayer game even though the IGN review says it isn't..

what do you say GAF?

It's a great multiplayer game inasmuch as it's well-suited to having one person play while everyone else watches, gives directions, etc but it's not really made for simultaneous play with other people.

PKrockin

You think you should stop taking drugs because you somewhat remember already playing this game ages ago? Some may now say "What's wrong with you?", I just say "Calm down". You are just one of the seven NeoGAF users who bought either the American or Japanese version of this game, which is also known as Rhythm Heaven Fever.

It wasn't even popular on GAF? I bought it... :|

So, when you guys complete the game, you'll have to say "I beat Beat the Beat," right?

I'm stuck on Monkey Watch, too. I really need to play this game on a CRT, input lag screws me up so bad.

Jazzem

Saw this for £35 in GAME, will try and pick it up soon but funds are low :(

Absolutely love this series, put so many hours into the GBA/DS games. Will likely do the same with this, alternating between the Japanese and English soundtracks :D

I can't say I enjoyed the tap dancing and shrimp games I just did, something about them just wasn't that fun for me, fortunately Cheer Readers looks to redeem this set of minigames.
So I just tried the police phone minigame or whatever it's called, I have no clue what the hell this is all about!

Having got this far I travelled back to Monkey Watch and i'm still awful at it, the pass rankings in this game are all over the place, I stumbled my way through the rocket launch and tap dancing ones on the first attempt despite playing like ass, meanwhile some games like the office pigs and Shrimp games seem to have a very small allowance for blunders.

Katsuragi

just received my copy of the game. To be perfectly honest, I'm rather bad at rhythm games, but for some reason I always end up coming back to them. I guess I love their quirkiness and charm.

Grumble, Grumble at Remix 7, I feel like i've done well enough numerous times for at least a bare pass. Those bloody tapdancers, I swear my guys legs do the same as my cpu buddies yet they keep glowering at me in disgust and presumably putting in the vote to deny me passage to what lies beyond.

Firemind

Is it just my disc or does Remix 3 have horrible flickering when transitioning between the parts? It's super distracting. The other remixes are fine. Can you guys be kind enough to check if the issue lies on your copies as well?

Is it just my disc or does Remix 3 have horrible flickering when transitioning between the parts? It's super distracting. The other remixes are fine. Can you guys be kind enough to check if the issue lies on your copies as well?

I didn't spot anything off with my one, just a very brief black screen between transitions like the rest of the remixes. It's a long remix that one, too much figure fighter as well.

Unfortunately by making me check this I just had to try remix 7 again, nailed pretty much everything except tap troupe, ARRRGH! it's unusually trickier than the standard version, faster tempo I'm thinking.

Mlatador

Banned
Just played the game today and it's fantastic. It's so much plain fun and genuinly funny. Haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally got my copy. It took a whole week to get here. What were the post doing during all this time. THey deserve a beating alright.

Flipped on Japanese audio and haven't looked back.

Scoring is still as weird as usual.

Nemesis_

Everyone here says it's good. Hope you're all right as I may be DIVING IN soon.

Is it a good multiplayer game?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So wait have you just been blitzing it over this one day then? I have yet to return to Figure Fighter 2.

Well it's a pretty addictive game. Been feeling a bit under the weather so this was a nice game to relax with since I was basically only pressing one button most of the time.

I have just gone through most of the game with OKs, though the game does seem to give you Superb on the most random of occasions.

Well it's a pretty addictive game. Been feeling a bit under the weather so this was a nice game to relax with since I was basically only pressing one button most of the time.

I have just gone through most of the game with OKs, though the game does seem to give you Superb on the most random of occasions.

The rules for me tends to be superb when you think it was OK, try again when you think you've done OK.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So there are secret words to use with the police walkie talkie toy.

Apparently one is found in this trailer:
STAFF
And I found two myself
Mr Upbeat:
MATCH
Munchy Monk:
BIRDS

Is there a list for where the words are hidden without giving away what the words are?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Strange that the english translation has been completely redone for this game. Seems NoE went for a more formal approach whereas NoA's is more liberal from the few videos I've seen. Now I have no idea if the samurai is actually called Steve or not.

The co-op games are pretty weak since they're just single-player games tweaked such that certain prompts only go to one player or the other instead of having the one player do everything. The endless co-op games were designed ground up to be done with two players and are much better examples. Mochi Pounding in particular is brilliant because of how subtle the "good rhythm" theme manifests itself in it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I find the Endless Games work quite well as a solo experience with two Wiimotes. In fact the one games that doesn't work as a solo game with two Wiimotes is Rhythm Fighter found in the solo section.

Top Bottom