• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX 11th Style (RED) Location Test

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Appearently RED = Revolutionary Energetic Diversification

J Page with some info and pics. More info and song lists/impressions here. Giant pic here too.

Some of the new songs: [genre] title - composer (bpm - difficulty):

[Tribal Lounge] Back To The Dance Floor - DJ Simon (126 BPM - 5)
[Death Disco] Texture - Slake (130 BPM - 5)
[Dance Pop] Fly Away To India - Baby Weapon (133 BPM - 6)
[Electric Cabaret] Injection Of Love - 新谷あきら (160 BPM - 6)
[France] Les Filles Balancent - Orange Lounge (180 BPM - 6)
[Africa] Move Me - Good-Cool feat. Raj Ramayya (93~186 BPM - 6)
[Japan] 大桟橋 - ウッチーズ (84~168 BPM - 6)
[Mixture] Rok Da World - D.J. TOMO (145 BPM - 6)
[Psychadelic Goa Trance] Andromeda - Sota Fujimori (150 BPM - 7)
[J-Pop] Don't Be Afraid Of Myself - platoniX (Eurance Style) (165 BPM - 7)
[Techno] Evo66 - Wall5 (135 BPM - 7)
[Erhu Funk] Listen To Yourself - Tetsuya Uchida (130 BPM - 7)
[Minimal] On The Tube - Q'Hey (??? BPM - 7)
[Drum'N'Bass] Secret Of Love - DJ Swan (162 BPM - 7)
[Cyber J-Euro] 太陽 ~T.A.I.Y.O.~ - NAOKI feat. 星野奏子 (155 BPM - 7)
[Natural Sound] Wonder Bullfighter - Twin AmadeuS (126 BPM - 7)
[Hard Dance] Be Quiet - Ryu☆ (150 BPM - 8)
[Eurobeat] Speedy Cat - Y&Co. (155 BPM - 8)
[Medieval Choir] Sphere - Tatsh feat. K. Nayuki (160 BPM - 8)
[Psychadelic Techno] Spiral Galaxy - DJ Setup (154 BPM - 8)
[Nustyle Gabba] Galadelic - Teranold feat. M.C. Natsack (173 BPM - 8+)

Some new changes to the main game include a real-time bar graph which shows your performance against the best player of the country (on the current song), songs with bpm changes show the different values in the song selection screen, and songs are shown with a percentage which indicates the total passing ratio of the nation for that single track. From what I know, the final game will have more than 300 songs available.

Everything looks really good so far, including the new dj chick, and there are a few names in the new song list above which haven't been seen in a while (DJ Swan, Baby Weapon, Wall5); as long as the music doesn't have a polarizing effect like 9th's and 10th's did, this could be a very strong release.

Belfast

God dammit, Konami, now the home releases are pushed even FURTHER back. What with the small production run of 7th style, I can see this series becoming another Guitar Freaks/Drummania. :(

Edit: It looks cool, though, I like the red interface a lot. I just kinda....wish....Konami would do something with DDR now? :p

Edit 2: However, while IIDX is still popular in the arcades, it almost seems like they're pulling an Extreme here. 300 songs? The names change (of course Max was a name change, too)? Well, let's hope not....

Belfast

Lisa Lashes said:
Is this for PS2?

No. Arcade. Likely Japan only. As it always has been. The PS2 versions wre only up to 7th style and Konami doesn't seem to give a shit anymore anyway.

Greekboy

Banned
Thanks Belfast. I remember falling in love with the PS1 Beatmanias and always getting a laugh out of the games.

Belfast

They're good games (and MUCH improved over the very first). Yeah, I wish they'd get releases over here, but its unlikely and you can count out arcade releases almost completely.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Actually Belfast, IIDX8 PS2 was announced like a month ago and might be released by the end of the year. IIRC, PS2 7th Style also had three print runs, so it certainly seems like the game met or exceeded Konami's expectations.

However, since 9th and 10th both run on WinXP as opposed to Konami's proprietary hardware, the question of both of those showing up on PS2 is much harder to answer.

I'm also curious as to what direction Konami's AM division is taking with this whole RED moniker; the series certainly isn't pulling the income in like it used to, but I think this can be more blamed on the games' progressively staggering difficulty and WinXP migration issues (this appearently caused major timing issues with the games, and the comments from a page linked above state the timing in 11th is similar to 10th's so far). As long as the game has timing issues like 9th and 10th, I'd think the decline of its popularity and income will only continue. Since it seems more and more people will continuously bitch about the song roster and timing in the game, it might be good to let IIDX lay fallow like DDR has for a while.

Oh, also, Konami USA's arcade division fully died a few years ago, so yes there is 100% no way for any of these arcade machines to officially be released in the States.

Lisa: PS2 plays host to Beatmania IIDX 3rd Style through 7th. If you can get around the prohibitive cost of the hardware (you can use a Dual Shock 2, but...), it might be a series you'd like to look into.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
dog$ said:
BemaniaDX + some BMS files + some PS-USB convertors (if you wanna use the tables) = IIDX PC, for the most. :)

Don't wait for 9th Style on Playstation 2, play it today!

yeah i know, except its too easy to get flashing greats. scores dont translate as well onto the real deal hollyfield.

Belfast

Ah, I admit I didn't know that. Fact is though that before 7th style came out, Konami was certainly not very confident in their product. IIDX may still have a shot at coming out here on consoles (or PC...though I don't know if that'd be a great move, sales-wise), but yeah, arcade hopes are pretty much shot unless Konami wants to cough up the money for re-opening their US arcade division, which is even more unlikely.

Hopefully this will bring down the cost of the other mixes. The cheapest 8th style I can find is $8k. I was thinking of buying a 2nd style and upgrading to 8th. If anyone has any good info about where to buy or about upgrading, PM me please.

Top Bottom