• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEER TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

Kingcobra.jpg
colt45.jpg
pabst.jpg
magnum.jpg

Queeg

Strong in percentage, but it sure doesn't taste that way. I remember thinking before opening it, that it would taste disgusting with that level of alcohol content, but was very shocked to find it the best tasting beer that I'd tried. Well for my tastes anyway.

Laurent

Queeg said:
Strong in percentage, but it sure doesn't taste that way. I remember thinking before opening it, that it would taste disgusting with that level of alcohol content, but was very shocked to find it the best tasting beer that I'd tried. Well for my tastes anyway.
La Fin du Monde is also a beer in the like of Chimay (9%). You should try it... ^_^

Queeg

Cheers I'll have to keep an eye out for it, when I goto a pub/bottleshop that have imports. Only know of one in my neck of the woods ATM :(

Queeg said:
Good to see a little more variation this time around.

This would still have to be my favorite
a2_a1_fbleue.jpg

I got a buzz off this in one bottle. I was shocked.

But it was damned good beer. I've just stayed away from it in fear.

KingGondo

Banned
Hoegaarden White- Been thirsting for this ever since I got back from England; glad I go back in 3 weeks :)

Strongbow is good, as well.

Bebpo

Banned
Not sure if it fits in the beer thread (well it really doesn't) but I don't want to start another achohol thread.

I just had 2-3 Manhattens for the first time and man was it strong. I had a bottle of champagne first (today was college gradatuation) and shit I am feeling this stuff strong. Can barely type but I wanted to say my favorite beer of choice was Negro Mordelo and I do like these Manhatten drinks :)

SaitoH

BigJonsson said:
alexanderkeiths_new.gif

goldstar.jpg

Yes, this Israeli beer is pretty damn good!

bod36.jpg

LOL! great to see a local beer like keiths.

^w^

I'm drinking lots of Stella, but I also enjoy Guiness and lots of microbrews.

border

I tend to switch off between Guinness, Strongbow, Newcastle, and Bass. Bud Light when I am feeling cheap...
DJ Sl4m said:
Guinness tastes so sweet and goes down so easy mainly because it's SOOO weak.
4% alcohol per volume

Thanks, for re-iterating my point, it tastes as well as it does because the alcohol content isn't as high.
I don't think it has anything to do with alcohol =\

Anybody that has ever had schnapps (or Smirniff Ice) can tell you that alcohol content doesn't have much to do with sweetness or smoothness. Wine has more alcohol than any beers, but is smoother and sweeter than many of them. It's not that hard to load a drink down with sugar so it tastes "better".....I'm sure that they could do it with any of those shitty-tasting 10% alcohol beers and gain a whole new teenage following.

Mumbles

border said:
Anybody that has ever had schnapps (or Smirniff Ice) can tell you that alcohol content doesn't have much to do with sweetness or smoothness. Wine has more alcohol than any beers, but is smoother and sweeter than many of them. It's not that hard to load a drink down with sugar so it tastes "better".....I'm sure that they could do it with any of those shitty-tasting 10% alcohol beers and gain a whole new teenage following.

Well, that's true to a point. It's hard to disguise the alcohol in liquor, even with the various flavors they add to schnapps. But at 0-10%, it's simple to add a little something to make it more palatable to weenies and girls...uh, I mean, to those who are sensitive to the taste.

But really, I'm just here to renominate Magic Hat for best beer ever. I finally found a place that sells Blind Faith and Fat Angel, so I'm feeling good right about now. And once again, I'd like to know if there are any good microbreweries in the Baltimore/DC area.

Triumph

Banned
abaglass.jpg

Of course, I can't pay to have that nectar of the Gods shipped from Cali all the time, so the rest of the time I usually conserve money and drink the ol' cheapie standby:

pbr.jpg

Flynn

This thread rules.

I've been drinking a lot of:

Asahi
Red Stripe
Negro Modelo

But I also enjoy:

Guinness
Bass
Amstel Light
Stella

Keep putting up your faves, people. I'm going to try them all.

callous

There are too many good beers for me to say that just one is the best, especially when you start checking out all the European microbreweries.

Out of the more mainstream ones, Caffrey's always goes down well with me. Kokanee is nice and fresh too.

Crispy

KingGondo said:
Hoegaarden White- Been thirsting for this ever since I got back from England; glad I go back in 3 weeks :)

Strongbow is good, as well.

Aaaah yes, Hoegaarden is one of the best beers to drink when your chilling in the sun with a few friends. I don't like to drink it in the winter, it's just the perfect beer for a hot summer day.

El Papa

Asahi is one of my favorites, great while eating something, especially japanese food. Sapporo is great too, not nearly as dry, so better as a frosty chill-out beer.

Dos Equis,
bottle_left.jpg

Especial Modelo
f_modelo.jpg

and Negra Modelo
b_negramodelo.jpg

are awesome.

El Papa

john tv:What kind of taste does Yebisu have and is it exported? I want to try it next time I go to Little Tokyo.

I find that I tend to like local and micro brews the best. Mostly ales that are unpasturized. But I do enjoy others... pilsners, stouts..etc.

A few that I've enjoyed lately:

1189.jpg

OberonAle.jpg

eye_hawk.jpg

libertyale_bottle.jpg

m-bibeerb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom