• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator NYC - Finally the Circus is back in the Garden!

Doran902

I was watching his ankle as he was moving, its good they stopped it or that thing was getting permanently damaged, he was walking on a folded foot.

the ref stopping the fight was right. Can't let a guy fight on a clearly broken ankle. Letting the doctors examine him first was some bullshit though.

iddqd

Fantastic card so far and I'm not even joking.
This is all I want from a card that has a geriatric main event. Dumb stories.

Dr.Acula

Banned
the ref stopping the fight was right. Can't let a guy fight on a clearly broken ankle. Letting the doctors examine him first was some bullshit though.

If a fighter says they're fine, but it looks to the ref like their ankle's broken, does the ref ignore their suspicions or do they just unilaterally declare an injury?

Not only that, but isn't the rule that the doctor can stop the fight? Maybe the doctor signaled off-camera.

Doran902

If a fighter says they're fine, but it looks to the ref like their ankle's broken, does the ref ignore their suspicions or do they just unilaterally declare an injury?

Not only that, but isn't the rule that the doctor can stop the fight? Maybe the doctor signaled off-camera.

It's strange, the doctor might have said something but also when a dude is falling over because hes literally walking on an upside down foot the ref might also view that as unable to defend himself. Obviously he was fighting back but that might be the refs train of thought to call the doctor in.

Top Bottom