• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy(USA) 8TB External HDD for $159

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I can't believe I didn't see this deal before but it's great for those who are looking for storage on their consoles. Also you can shuck it(use some pliers to take it out of the external case) and it has confirmed WD Red. Normally these drives go for $220-$240

Check the bottom box when you get the drive - if the model # is LGBJRCK, thats the 128MB cache version, there's a newer 256MB cache version with model #MGBJRCK

Check the box.
Made in China: most likely 128MB cahce
Made in Thailand: most likely 256MB cache

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?

The deal ends tomorrow(Saturday). I am no way affiliated with best buy and wanted to give a heads up for people who need storage

FireCloud

Just bought one two weeks ago...time to price match. I bought it for $199.

So far I've not had any issues with it. Wish it was USB 3.1 but it is still a lot faster than any external I've had previously.

Just bought one two weeks ago...time to price match. I bought it for $199.

So far I've not had any issues with it. Wish it was USB 3.1 but it is still a lot faster than any external I've had previously.

Wouldn't it still be limited by the HDD anyway (if it were 3.1)?

If this improves load times on consoles then I will pick this up. The 1 TB I have now almost cuts my GTA load times in half and was the reason I bought it. Anybody now if this one does?

FireCloud

Wouldn't it still be limited by the HDD anyway (if it were 3.1)?

Yeah you definitely have a point there. What am I thinking? Well...just built a new system and my new motherboard has support for USB 3.1....guess I won't get much use out of that (as far as external storage is concerned)

wait so today (Friday) the last day of the deal or is Saturday? I'm assuming this was in the weekly ad?

edit: Nvmd, I checked the ad and Saturday is the final day to get this deal. Going to head there in the am and try and find the 256meg version. Thanks OP

SteveO409

wait so today (friday) the last day of the deal or is saturday? Im assuming this was in the weekly ad?

it was in this weekly ad so it's been on sale for the past 4-5 days. It should end saturday(today depending if you slept or not)

I can't believe I didn't see this deal before but it's great for those who are looking for storage on their consoles. Also you can shuck it(use some pliers to take it out of the external case) and it has confirmed WD Red. Normally these drives go for $220-$240

Check the bottom box when you get the drive - if the model # is LGBJRCK, thats the 128MB cache version, there's a newer 256MB cache version with model #MGBJRCK

Check the box.
Made in China: most likely 128MB cahce
Made in Thailand: most likely 256MB cache

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?

The deal ends tomorrow(Saturday). I am no way affiliated with best buy and wanted to give a heads up for people who need storage

FAWK! The one I got is says Made in Thailand but the model # is LGBJRCK. I got this 2 months ago though.

SteveO409

Heads up, seems like Best Buy has it again. It's only going to be going on for the next 40 hours or so from this post. You can always do a Pick Up at the store option and have a week to decide(they automatically refund you after the week if you don't pick up)

Top Bottom