• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Kirby Game?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I played a little bit of a Kirby game at a friends house growing up on Super Nintendo. That’s it.

What’s the best game in this franchise? Are they recommended to 7 year olds for the recent switch releases?

Curious about this pink puff…

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
OH7EWUT.png

Also, this game is available on Switch!

Last edited:
I'm going to pick up Kirby and the Forgotten land for my 6 year old as she liked the look of it. She's just finished Princess Peach Showtime and I think this will up the challenge a little.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I'm going to pick up Kirby and the Forgotten land for my 6 year old as she liked the look of it. She's just finished Princess Peach Showtime and I think this will up the challenge a little.
A lot it’s not an easy game. It may be souls like to a 6 year old

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sold.

This boy gonna learn this Friday.
My mostly non-gaming nieces got through about 90% of that game. I think they got stuck on the final world/boss. That’s a solid good choice.

stn

I've only ever played the first Kirby's Dreamland, but it is awesome. Probably in my top 10 platformers.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
This thread taught me either all Kirby games are good or no single one is the king of the franchise.

I’ll try forgotten land Friday hopefully with my son.
The best run is the 2 3DS games then Forgotten Land. FL is in a similar style to the 3DS ones without the cool 3D screen tricks, but with more 3D analog movement. Kind of an unofficial trilogy

Last edited:

nial

Classic Kirby is amazing, but everything from the GBA/GCN era afterwards is just not for me.
Planet Robobot is the best one since 64.

Jinzo Prime

I played a little bit of a Kirby game at a friends house growing up on Super Nintendo. That’s it.

What’s the best game in this franchise? Are they recommended to 7 year olds for the recent switch releases?

Curious about this pink puff…
Supposedly Planet Robobot is the best in the series, but Super Star Ultra, Return to Dream Land Deluxe, and Forgotten Land are also considered all time greats.

Yoshi97

I've beaten them all so if you wanna know anything I'm the guy to ask. As for best game my personal list goes 1. Kirby mass attack (this one isnt a traditional kirby game. It's like a 2d pikmin lemmings game almost, but honestly the best kirby game and one of the best 2d platformers ever imo). 2. Kirby 64 (this one is more personal and less objective but love love this game. What's unique is its 2.5d camera perspective and you can combine powers to make entirely new and very creative powers. Like if you combine the ice and spark powers you get the Fridge power literally lol). 3. Kirby's Adventure (first game kirby could use power ups, my personal favorite nes game next to mario 3 and ice hockey). 4. Planet robobot (the best modern 2d kirby game, the robot gimmick was really fun, the story is surprisingly dark and the level design is just really solid). 5. Forgotten land (first 3d kirby obviously and while I think they could do more with kirby in 3d this game was great and I'm looking forward to more 3d kirby games in the future).

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
I only played every version up to N64, i think the GB version is my favorite. Simple and fun.
JPXsbYY.png
It is also the best, because without it and the success and influence it had, none of the others would exist.

By now there are so many of them (stretching multiple genres!) that it would probably be difficult to reach any kind of conclusion to which one is the best.
Maybe best per genre could reach some kind of consensus.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’d be much quicker to list the worst ones. Kirby very rarely disappoints.

My favs are Return to Dreamland, the 3DS duology, and Epic Yarn. I also loved Rainbow Curse to bits, but that’s an odd one.

Top Bottom