• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda confirms what's coming in the new Shattered Space

Draugoth

Gold Member

• Over 50 new locations to discover and explore across Va'ruun'kai
  • New grenades to craft that stem from organic material you gather (and it's gross)
  • Formidable new enemies - be on your guard for Redeemed and Vortex Horrors...
  • You haven't seen the last of Zealots, Spacers, or the Crimson Fleet... As you explore the planet be on the lookout for those taking advantage of the situation.

Last edited:
Sounds great.

Only issue I have is they are building upon a game that is already 200+ hrs.

Will get to it sometime later.

Topher

Gold Member
Ready To Go GIF by DefyTV

Shut the fuck up Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping

Last edited:

LordCBH

This dlc seems to lean in on the weird (and also seems to be a straight up handcrafted location, which I’m 100% on board with. Game needs more handcrafted places.). I’m def down for it to lean into the weird.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I looking forward to checking out House Va'ruun. Hope it is a damn good story.

I'm a lot more interested in them saying this will be horror themed.

Outside of a quest or two in the Dark Brotherhood stuff in previous TES games and some ambient locations like that factory in Fallout 3, Bethesda hasn't really done anything like this before.

Atrus

Gold Member
I hope the 50+ new locations doesn’t translate to 50 loading zones where you get multiple per Point of Interest. Each location in the count should be a separate Point of Interest.

I stopped playing after getting the first crew member. I figured i'd pick it up again once it got fleshed out.

Thing is, this doesn't say much. Yay "50 new locations" , shit grenades and some mobs...wooo...lol

Seriously, where is the ground transportation, local mapping, (or was this added, I haven't played since launch month).

Also the diversity of NPCs... booo. Its all ugly people, skewed heavily women, and white people are a minority. That would be fine if it was mixed with alien races, or the npcs are at least normal looking/slightly appealing, but many aren't. They look blah. Was this adjusted?
Feels like a dei requirement got pushed, and no curves allowed. Was this fixed in the base game. I shouldn't have to use mods to see some attractive or normal looking characters.
Not the end of the world, but fallout 3 and 4 have better npcs, and those are old games.

I am skeptical Bethesda can fix this shit, or even cares. They get away with minimal effort. I remember finding out Oblivion was done with like 5 voice actors, and one person doing all the dungeons using mix and match dungeon kit. Pete Hines running cover for their incompetence. They are either firing on all cylinders (morrowind/skyrim/fallout3&4 ) or creating duds. Fallout4 was the last great Bethesda game. Yeah I liked it. The base building was a lot of fun to have in that type of game.

Pretty excited about coming back to this game. The updates over the last year have been nice and all, but I really wanted more content to sink more time into the game.

Fess

pleas....[Loading]....e be exci....[Loading]....ted for our new gr....[Loading]....en....[Loading]....ade craftin....[Loading]....g syste....[Loading]....m
Upgrad…[Loading]…e your old 5…[Loading]…400r…[Loading]…pm h…[Loading]…arddriv…[Loading]…e to a SS…[Loading]…D

Then the loading is a fade to black animation in 1-3 sec going inside a big building and absolut max 10 sec between systems. I use a Samsung 980Pro and 990 Pro. Highly recommended!

StueyDuck

Upgrad…[Loading]…e your old 5…[Loading]…400r…[Loading]…pm h…[Loading]…arddriv…[Loading]…e to a SS…[Loading]…D

Then the loading is a fade to black animation in 1-3 sec going inside a big building and absolut max 10 sec between systems. I use a Samsung 980Pro and 990 Pro. Highly recommended!
Lol, coolest kid in class over here guys 🤣

Fess

Seriously, where is the ground transportation, local mapping, (or was this added, I haven't played since launch month).
Yeah it’s there now, you have access to a Warthog-like vehicle and cities have maps.

Also the diversity of NPCs... booo. Its all ugly people, skewed heavily women, and white people are a minority. That would be fine if it was mixed with alien races, or the npcs are at least normal looking/slightly appealing, but many aren't. They look blah. Was this adjusted?
Feels like a dei requirement got pushed, and no curves allowed. Was this fixed in the base game. I shouldn't have to use mods to see some attractive or normal looking characters.
Still there unfortunately. I use mods to sort out some of it but unless it’s recent there is no mod to bring beauty to the general population. What you can do is install all Shapely mods, it gives curves to some of the costumes, but faces will still be hit and miss, some look nice but among citizens there isn’t much, or any, classic eye candy.
Imagine living in a place like that. No wonder there are almost no kids in the whole universe.
Lol, coolest kid in class over here guys 🤣
Yeah that’s right so do that upgrade now and you can be cool too 👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom