• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Better Luck Tomorrow'...anybody seen this indy flick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGF

Soothsayer
OK it's on the Sundance channel right now, but it's going off in about 45 minutes or so. Not enough movie to watch. (and maybe i'm a little too intoxi to pay attention to what's left) I have been looking forward to seeing this flick for a time, but if I'm going to have to schedule time to watch it, I want to know if it's worth it or not.

Opinions?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Either, or. It seemed kinda indie. I'm probably wrong. Anyway, what did you think of the movie?

lexy

Why don't you just watch the movie and form an opinion for yourself? No matter what anyone tells you, you probably won't be fully satisfied until you've actually seen it for yourself (especially considering that you seem genuinely interested in the movie).

GDGF

Soothsayer
Because somehow I have the horrible luck of catching a movie when it's about to go off, and also Sundance doesn't seem to be playing it everyday. I've been kinda busy to schedule a movie (albeit one I want to watch) into my everyday, so I wanted to know if the majority thought it was worth it.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but the last time I did that was for Freddy vs. Jason, and we all know that movie was pure shit :)

retardboy

Yes I have. It was filmed at my high school. Not only that but it the outside scenes where the people lived were filmed in a placed called Sorento right next to the school where most of my friends live. (All the extras are students from my high school... if you look closely enough, you'll see me) It was filmed at Cypress High School by a student that used to go here also. It's loosley based on a real incident at Sunny Hills High School (where my brother went to high school... my brother and his friends actually knew the real guy who died). Great movie for me since it's basically like a yearbook on video.

retardboy

Lost Weekend said:
Either, or. It seemed kinda indie. I'm probably wrong. Anyway, what did you think of the movie?

It was an indie flick. It was flimed when I was a freshman in High School if I remember correctly. (long time ago) It was then picked up by MTV for a wide release way after but it was an indie flick.

fart said:
"indie"? it played on like a billion screens last year dude.

Actually it was an indie flick, but then MTV picked it up for the distribution, and that's why it was on a billion screens.

edit: ok I just realized retard said the same thing as me.

Neo_ZX

I have a friend who looks EXACTLY like the main character. That was quite amusing. But realistically, if it were a bunch of white dudes in the movie it probably wouldn't have been considered to be anything special. The plot was pretty weak but I was still entertained.

6.5/10

My brother's best friend went to the school that this story was based off of. He said that there were some pretty big exaggerations in it, (i.e. there were like a minsicule amount of non-Asians at the high school, but it seems much more sub-urbanized in the movie.)

Cool little movie. Nothing amazing though.

retardboy

IAmtheFMan said:
My brother's best friend went to the school that this story was based off of. He said that there were some pretty big exaggerations in it, (i.e. there were like a minsicule amount of non-Asians at the high school, but it seems much more sub-urbanized in the movie.)

Cool little movie. Nothing amazing though.

Yeah, Sunny Hills has mostly asians (one of the top high schools in the country because of it). Cypress is pretty diverse even though the two schools are only about a city apart or about 20 minutes. (Fullerton and Cypress) I went to Cypress and my brother went to Sunny Hills because we're right in the middle of both schools. (Buena Park) Heh, both cities are pretty good though. Cypress is in the top 5 of cities in California.

Grifter

Lost Weekend said:
Because somehow I have the horrible luck of catching a movie when it's about to go off, and also Sundance doesn't seem to be playing it everyday. I've been kinda busy to schedule a movie (albeit one I want to watch) into my everyday, so I wanted to know if the majority thought it was worth it.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but the last time I did that was for Freddy vs. Jason, and we all know that movie was pure shit :)

Lucky for you I think there's some new invention popping up soon called Blockbuster Video.

Subitai

Thanks guys for the extra background info.

I really liked the movie and found the stereotype busting (not just racial) refreshing.

fart

Savant
retardboy said:
It was an indie flick. It was flimed when I was a freshman in High School if I remember correctly. (long time ago) It was then picked up by MTV for a wide release way after but it was an indie flick.
i did not know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom